Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Shabbaman's Forum
Home

Old 09-08-2007, 14:45   #21
digger760
King

What is the error message you get when uploading?
I uploaded a test file:

20.8KB
worked ok for me.
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 14:55   #22
Shabbaman
Administrator

The usual internal server error... it could be the filenames are too long, or already taken. Or the filesize, I don't know. I'll try again when I'm home.

EDIT: apparently the standard screenshots are too large.
Old 09-08-2007, 18:29   #23
digger760
King

It looks to me, based on a quick look a previous my uploaded files that the file name is appended with a date and some other number, you could try a short file name, i doubt the file name already exists, unless things are done differently with your admin privledges.

I know you should get a file to big error and invalid file extension errors, but an Internal Server error always when you alone upload a file is an odd one...maybe you account area is full?
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 23:07   #24
Shabbaman
Administrator

75 a.d. It seems Mauer has no intention to stay away. Anyone wants to place bets on how catapults do against longbowmen with city garrison I and II, fortified on a hill?

Old 16-08-2007, 02:38   #25
Whomp
King

OK so I presume Mauer and 'Cane are my biggest concerns. Akots is a friend and it seems BC iis friendly with open borders.

Machinery will be done which is nice so then what are we looking for pathwise?
Old 16-08-2007, 08:47   #26
Shabbaman
Administrator

I'm undecided on that. If I want to get rid of those pests I need engineering, yet guilds sounds like a solid way to go as well.
Old 25-08-2007, 17:14   #27
Whomp
King

Since I'm taking over for Shabba and he's been keeping a nice spoiler I thought I'd add to the thread. He's four turns from camel archers and I think engineering will help quite a bit for movement.

I sent some units south towards Killercane. He's responded with some maces so I'm holding the high ground (jungle hills +75%).

However, the intention is to flank him at the capital. Thoughts?

In the meantime, on the Indian borders tensions are high. Mauer moved some units into Arabian territory so we responded by sending a couple chariots to get a better look at him. I think there's a possibility this could be a rout.
His total units are the two stacks to the north and a warrior protecting to the south. My thoughts were to send the offensive forces south with some spears and LB's holding down the fort. Should I declare with Shabba away?

Old 26-08-2007, 18:00   #28
Whomp
King

I didn't anticipate the attacks but since the AI took over for Casey we know how they operate.
I decided to pressure Kumbi Saleh since there were some big wins against his units.

Old 30-08-2007, 20:35   #29
Whomp
King

OK after guilds I had to research Horseback riding. Since that tech was pretty cheap I decided to build some chariots so they can be upgraded to the Camel dudes. It will mean turning off research for a few turns to gather the cash but I think it's worth it. The question is what to research next? It seems worthwhile to get some of the luxs online but engineering wouldn't hurt either.

The damage at Kumbi Saleh was considerable on both Cane and us. I was able to cut off both the road leading to the city as well as the cow next to the city. I captured a few more workers 1SW1W of Kumbi Saleh. Instead of attacking the city though I've been moving deeper into his territory towards Goa since he seems to be sending everything at Kumbi Saleh. The city's on a hill so attacking it will be tough and that's why I'd rather see if we can hit empty cities at his backdoor. In the meantime, I sent units along the northern road to build a second stack that can be sent towards the capital. He can't cover everything and seems to be scrambling at this point.

I didn't do anything with Mauer but I think when you get back he can easily be taken and fast.
Old 30-08-2007, 20:41   #30
Shabbaman
Administrator

Hey Whomp, seems like you took a good care of my empire while I was gone. Thanks a lot! I haven't logged in yet, so I'll have to base it solely on this excellent spoiler. For which, again, thanks. Do you want the privilige of annoying Casey out of the game? Seems like you're better at waging war than I am.