Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 08-05-2005, 06:39   #1
grahamiam
Emperor

Default Spoiler - vs Bedhead - Map by Rik

Another Arch map was requested for Bedhead and I. DG, SoZ fixed, no SGL's. We got this bizarro setup

oh well, to make the best of it, I squeezed 2 towns on the tiny starting island, and beelined for Philo. I also built 3 dingys and found the connecting "spoke" in the middle of the map. Rik gave us 250g to start with too, for unit support i think.

Well, luckily, I emphasized production over pop growth early, which is a bit wierd for me. However, I really felt that I need to get the dingy's out to find more land and to find other civs as I am very isolated.

My score is sucking big time right now because of this, but also because I got hit by disease on turn 21. However, I started meeting civs right after that.
Turn 22: meet Iroquois
Turn 28: meet Portugal
Turn 30: meet Dutch
Turn 33: meet Vikings
Will meet the Spanish on Turn 36

Techwise, went 100% for Writing and got it on turn 33. Bought Pottery from Iro for 96g on Turn 28. Then, I turned Writing into tech parity on turn 33 by the following set of trades:
Vikings: get IW for Pottery and 51g;
Dutch: Writing for Mas and 10g
Portugese: Sell Mas for Wheel and 60g
Iro: Sell Mas for WC and 106g

Looks like I settled on the Iron with the 2nd town, but that's ok as this town will really only build dingys and workers till MM is discovered, then galleys for settling. It kinda annoys me that we will have to build harbors to connect all the towns, but at least they are only 30g and many of the islands have ivory. Oh yeah, Ivory seems to give +1fp. Need to keep track of the changes as they get a little confusing
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:09   #2
Mistfit
King

Good luck Graham. I look forward to the future spoilers on this game. Looks interesting to say the least.

Not that you could look there but do you know if bedhead has a spoiler set up here or at cfc?
Old 10-05-2005, 01:28   #3
Rik Meleet

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

(..)Not that you could look there but do you know if bedhead has a spoiler set up here or at cfc?
He hasn't set one up at CFC.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:25   #4
grahamiam
Emperor

ah, I should tell him to contact anarres to get his own forum. seems he has this game, one vs akots, and a third 4 player one soon.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote