Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum > CDZ youth league
Home

Old 05-12-2007, 23:43   #91
arne1
King

I did not promot anything yet, but it seems reasonably promising now.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:56   #92
socralynnek

I think, I also had some winger players which were on a good way. But it was very hard to get a reasonable side skill for them. So it makes sense, that they are strenghtening it. If it is now overpowered, I don't know.
Old 29-01-2009, 13:39   #93
Shabbaman
Administrator

OK, I'm training wingers with my first team. So does it make sense to let my scouts search for wingers for the youth team and set my training to wing and PM? Should I wait with setting the training to anything specific until I have some promising players for any position?
Old 29-01-2009, 14:16   #94
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
OK, I'm training wingers with my first team. So does it make sense to let my scouts search for wingers for the youth team and set my training to wing and PM? Should I wait with setting the training to anything specific until I have some promising players for any position?
Training occurs exactly 24 hours after a match. Right now you could opt for individual as an A-training, until you get prospects with talents elsewhere.

First of all: good to see that you have three scouts.
I rarely look for specific players from the scouts. Also do I rarely match my A-squad training with my B-squad training. All my promoted players were either sold or were useless. I haven't been training my own old-YA players myself until now.

I do specifically look for one of the following traits in the reports from the first two scouts (a player from the 3rd scout I usually accept):
- I almost always accept a 15 year old player
- starting strength (on a main skill) inad or higher for 16 yo and passable or higher for 17 yo
- potential passable or higher (on a main skill) for 16 yo and solid or higher for 17 yo
- allrounder: inad or higher for 16 yo and passable or higher for 17 yo (a very weak allrounder might be a keeper!)

Regarding training
- I choose the training type which suits my best prospect best. So if I have a great defender prospect I train defending as A-training. Last season I had an excellent defender prospect and a solid PM prospect. I went 100% for the defender, because that would generate the highest profit. Profit is the reason why I have a YA.
- If you have more prospects and no real future gem: individual training shouldn't be underestimated. It trains all fielded players on several skills suitable for the played position (though one skill per game), but also tells you a lot about current strength or potential of a player.
- Don't use the same training for A and B training. If you do that than the B-training will be far less usefull. But should you train defending, you CAN then also train defensive positions or individual, thus training a defender even quicker.
- I always train my star player until his main skill is fully trained. I then sell, unless the player is < 17 yo or less than one season in the academy (or when I assume that another skill is close to popping).
- Training comments are very very criptic if you don't know the exact meaning. This is an interesting link:
http://www.hattricks.de/index.php?ti...e_Orginaltexte

Regarding fielding players
- Try to field a newly accpeted player on as many positions as possible to know his starting strength (at least try to know if he's good at winger, scoring, PM, keeping and/or defending).
- Use the subtitution or behavior player order to let certain players play the last 5 minutes on another spot. You will then get the full star rating for that player on that position.

Example: if you have a defender of which you like to know how strong he is on the midfield: let him play as PM for the last 5 minutes. You then get a view on how good he is at that and he still trains defending for 85 minutes.

Tip: it might be worthwile to join the Youth Squad Federation or check out their forum. There are great tips there.

Last edited by Aggie; 29-01-2009 at 14:39. Reason: typos
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2009, 16:46   #95
socralynnek

I did an approach similar to how to train in the A-Team. I chose to go for wingers and then train sideskills. The reward is ok, but Aggie's receipt is much better, I think. I had some nice players at 17 1/2 which sold ok, but if I had one at the same strength at 17 instead of three at 17 1/2 I'd have gotten much more. Winger training is not that nice in Youth squad, because you'd only get half a training in the most important sideskill for wingers (I have trained some PM for them at 100% in some weeks but led to the result described above) Easiest is probably goalkeepers, but the most important thing is: Having a good prospect!
Old 30-01-2009, 09:32   #96
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by socralynnek View Post
Easiest is probably goalkeepers, but the most important thing is: Having a good prospect!
I think that it is easiest to train defending though. And GK only trains one player...

edit: with winger I feel it's difficult to know what the exact strength of a player is at a certain stage. I don't have these issues with the other positions...

I once had a 8 star winger of which I thought he was solid or excellent. I turned out to be only passable.

Last edited by Aggie; 30-01-2009 at 11:17. Reason: info regarding reading strength of player
Old 30-01-2009, 21:00   #97
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Second Aggie on wingers, system not working with mlutiskilled players. I've got one solid guy once who had like 9 stars or such with transfer compare of about 10K. I'd say keeper is not that bad for secondary training if you can get a solid guy.

Otherwise, it is still largely luck IMO with pulls. If you pull good, you'd have a nice income. Nothing of importance, not going to save your arse from being whipped but at least it would pay for the Academy. If you pull shit, you'd have that shit, just like the old system. The only difference if you pull some half-crap-half-decent pull but it can grow into something useful, you can somewhat increase the price of that half-crap by training. This is the funny part.

I think, I'm breaking even with Academy costs now after selling a couple of reasonable pulls but ironically, neither one of these I was able to actually train much. I guess, a keeper I sold was pulled at passable and went to solid after whole season which was a big waste. Some forward and midfield were of similar hindrance and improved only marginally, maximum by one skill level. So, it has to be good from the actual pull still and training is a nice boost but nothing critical IMO.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:19   #98
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
Regarding fielding players
- Try to field a newly accpeted player on as many positions as possible to know his starting strength (at least try to know if he's good at winger, scoring, PM, keeping and/or defending).
- Use the subtitution or behavior player order to let certain players play the last 5 minutes on another spot. You will then get the full star rating for that player on that position.
I missed this part. It's also new for me, of course. For my first match I tried to set match orders and substitutions, but I couldn't get it to work. But now I see how I can evaluate all my players quickly.

My question is tied to this: I have so many players that I can't recruit a new player. What should I do now? Not even all my players have played yet, let alone on every position. Should I just fire the oldest player and get a new one?

I have 1 player that got 5 stars on wingback and central defender, so I'm training defending and general now. Does that make sense?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:38   #99
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
I missed this part. It's also new for me, of course. For my first match I tried to set match orders and substitutions, but I couldn't get it to work. But now I see how I can evaluate all my players quickly.

My question is tied to this: I have so many players that I can't recruit a new player. What should I do now? Not even all my players have played yet, let alone on every position. Should I just fire the oldest player and get a new one?

I have 1 player that got 5 stars on wingback and central defender, so I'm training defending and general now. Does that make sense?
First of all: all your original players are crap. So no issues with firing them. And indeed just start with the oldest one...

At some point you may get in a painfull situation, like I am in now, that you have 16 decent players. Better pray that you then can promote someone. I once had to fire a 16 yo youth player with around inad defense and passable at max. But a new pull may be a potential superstar, so I always pull.

You indeed have one with five stars. This is about inad at this point. Don't know if he's a original player. If so then he will max out soon. Anyway, sounds like a decent plan to train defending/individual for now until you have a nice pull from the scouts.

Regarding substitutes: I alway replace a player of which I know the strength on a position with a player I wish to judge after 85th minutes, any standing, ignore red card status. First you need to select the player you want to replace and then the player you want to field. This player must be on the bench already! First you have to accept this replacement order and then finish it by sending the complete orders. Instead of adding a substitute you also can add a behaviour, by making a defender a midfielder for the final minutes...

Last edited by Aggie; 11-02-2009 at 10:43.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:29   #100
Shabbaman
Administrator

Yeah, I just figured out how it works. Thanks anyway. I'll just fire some old guy and hire a new child slave:

Quote:
Ik heb iemand ontdekt die wel eens een écht talentje zou kunnen zijn. Hij is 16 jaar en heet Duncan Boertjens.

Train dit jongetje goed en je krijgt een spelertje dat in 'no time' redelijk op het gebied van Positiespel wordt! Zijn overall vaardigheden zijn matig. Dus wellicht is hij wat voor ons. Deze speler is matig in Positiespel op dit moment in zijn loopbaan.

Hij heeft de lichaamsbouw van een volwassene - het levert hem voordeel op om zo krachtig te zijn.
"Close to" passable PM, overall inadequate. Does that mean he might have inadequate passing or defending?