Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 06-07-2006, 15:48   #11
Aggie
Emperor

Krys, we are busy with the CDZ cup and "all of us" are playing. However, there's a team not active anymore and it might be an idea to challenge the team that should have played them next week.

BTW: good to see that you like the Pixies. Be it their slightly lesser album of the bunch
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 15:55   #12
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

Krys, we are busy with the CDZ cup and "all of us" are playing. However, there's a team not active anymore and it might be an idea to challenge the team that should have played them next week.
Didn't get it. There is one CDZ team out of the cup already ? Who is it ? Or is it something else ?

Quote:
quote:BTW: good to see that you like the Pixies. Be it their slightly lesser album of the bunch
Nah, I'm not listening. I am a Trompe-Le-Monde-ist. Hurray for Planet Of Sound !! :rockon:
Old 06-07-2006, 15:57   #13
Tubby Rower

Krys, on Hottrick (http://www.hottrick.org/hattrick_friendlies_view) you can find people. Also there are ads. You also might want to look in your countries top leagues to find a team in division 1, 2, or 3 that are out of the cup and just start spamming friendly invitations all over the place. book it away so that you use their stadium and their supporter's base. if you keep it inside your own country you don't have to pay the 6k travel fees.
Old 06-07-2006, 15:59   #14
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

if you keep it inside your own country you don't have to pay the 6k travel fees.
Oops. Trips across Europe are expensive. I understand a bit more why there are so many Dutch people at CDZ.
Old 06-07-2006, 16:04   #15
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

Didn't get it. There is one CDZ team out of the cup already ? Who is it ? Or is it something else ?
The CDZ cup is a tournament between 32 teams of this site. We are all playing in this cup until the end and be ranked 1 to 32 at the end. This means that you won't easily find one of us willing to play you for a couple of weeks. However, one team appears to be out because the manager of that team (Black Marlins) hasn't accepted any challenges from the opponents. So only one team is able to accept another challenge. Last week that team was mine.

You can find all about the CDZ cup in the stickied threads in this forum.

I still prefer Bossanova, but indeed Planet of Sound is great!
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 16:18   #16
Tubby Rower

maybe you could request to replace the Black Marlins... Then you'll have a friendly every week.
Old 06-07-2006, 16:26   #17
Kemal

The cup management would even like to encourage you to join and step in for Black Marlins, who indeed is a Walk-over team at the moment.

However, playing in the CDZ Cup could mean playing an international away game from time to time, meaning 6K travel costs. Then again, playing teams of people you know is just much more fun, imho.
Old 06-07-2006, 16:30   #18
Socrates
Emperor

OK, if I can have a place in the CDZ Cup, let's go for it. I won't mind the 6k fee much. I joined Hattrick because of here. So, who will be up against me next week ? I'd need to book the game as soon as possible, so as to finish the preliminary challenges (my only occupation for the moment).
Old 06-07-2006, 16:39   #19
Tubby Rower

you'd play the Pyknights if you did replace the Black Marlins
Old 06-07-2006, 16:43   #20
barbu1977
Emperor

Welcome to HT and to the CDZ cup.

We will play 2 weeks from now. Since I'll be on vacation, I'll only be able to accept the friendly the monday before the game.