Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 11-04-2006, 15:59   #21
Tubby Rower

starting money = $50k

there are 24 challenges worth either 5k or 10k each so far. It only shows you 5 at a time so that you don't get cornfusaed I guess.
Old 11-04-2006, 17:22   #22
Tubby Rower

so my todo list for tonight after work is...

1. fire the dead weight
2. spam challenges to everyone I can find
3. switch training to stamina (for 100%?)
4. bid on a Goal Keep trainee (What level GK to look for?) <- Also a challenge
Old 11-04-2006, 17:58   #23
Shabbaman
Administrator

You can wait with the trainee. You don't need him now because you're not training keepers. If you've got some more cash later on you could buy a better trainee.
Old 11-04-2006, 18:11   #24
Mistfit
King

And don't forget what I said about waiting til the begining of the season... the guy you buy now will age in 10 days or so.
Old 11-04-2006, 18:50   #25
Tubby Rower

oh yeah.. I forgot. I'll wait until later on the xfer
Old 12-04-2006, 13:24   #26
Tubby Rower

(I've bolded the questions so they stand out better)

OK. I put Munson on the xfer market. They gave me 15k for doing it. I also bid on a real loser that was just put out and apparently someone else was doing the same thing becuase they out-bid me . So I got that 15k for free. So far I'm up to challenge 14 (play your second game) and I've got 150k and only had to put out 7k. So in effect I started with 200k with 7k of expenses so far.

I had 2 challenges from Monday but both were declined. So I spammed 10 people with a challenge and was in the process of doing more when someone accepted it. I've set up my orders... I put the stronger players together. Is this advisable? For instance, I put the strongest IM (Ricky) on the left with Francis (strongest winger). I put the strongest defensive back (Eduardo) with Garrett (the best wing back) on the right. One major problem that I saw is that I have no backups for anyone. My coach is my backup goal keep!!! I have the two players that have a strike-through in my line up as backups. So I need backups for wingers, defensive backs, wing backs, and goal keep. I know that I should (and will) wait for the new season, but I thought that I could keep an eye on the xfer market for < 20 year olds for subs/starters. What should I be looking for?

I also downloaded hattrick organizer and checked my lineup vs what it thought that I should have. I apparently have no one that is suited for Wingback according to HO, but everything was exactly as I had set up... Thanks Kemal.
Old 12-04-2006, 13:36   #27
Shabbaman
Administrator

I don't think you need to look for backups now. You need to save your money for your training program. In some time you'll use your current A list players as backup. Buying backups now is a complete waste of money.

Or you could pick up players on the cheap. And with cheap I mean around 1k! Then, if you're looking for players, first take a look what position you want to strenghten. Then use Hattrick Organizer to assess what the skills are you need for a player. For instance, your best forward now is inad scoring and solid passing, poor experience.
Now, if you want a replacement for him you'll notice that a inad scoring/solid passing wretched XP (so, a 20 y.o.) is rubbish. That's because of the experience. If you want to buy replacements on the cheap, you could better look at experienced 30 years old.

But it's probably better to not bother at all.

On a sidenote: play Eric Meyers as a winger with WTM (winger towards middle), Francis Hand as a winger offensive and then Frank Fontaine as a forward towards wing (FTW) on the same wing as Hand. Then you'll have a stronger midfield due to Meyers playing towards middle (his wing capability is not that good to begin with), and a strong wing attack with both Hand and Fontaine at the same wing. Your central attack won't be that much less, because inad winger for a forward (towards wing) is pretty good.

Regarding your other question, putting players with the same attributes together (strong and strong for instance), has no use at all.
Old 12-04-2006, 13:40   #28
Tubby Rower

I can't give individual orders until I finish my second game. They are trying to ease people into hattrick instead of givving them everything at once.

So I'm stuck with a standard 4-4-2 for the upcoming game. after that I'll adjust per your recommendations. I plan on challenging BCLG so that we can have a battle of the newbies
Old 12-04-2006, 13:57   #29
Shabbaman
Administrator

Looking forward to that clash
Old 12-04-2006, 14:32   #30
Mistfit
King

Things to keep ya busy while you wait for the new season to start:

HatStat USA:
I like this site as it rates what how strong your series is in comparison to the other Div VI series and give you info on the teams you play against (use the search bar to find your series).
Some of the info here is not correct btw... it says that your whole series were bot teams last season... which is not true
http://usa.hatstats.info/division.php?level=6

Alltid Hattrick USA:
A new site for me gives some of the same info and some different info than HATStat
(currently the site is down but book mark it for later)

HT-Dog:
This one will look at the last 5 matches your opponent played and give you an idea if they have any weaknesses. I will use this when doing my line-ups. If he is weak on one side I will put my sronger guys on that side.
http://mikehell.kicks-ass.net/ht-dog/index.jsp

Bottom Division Federation:
If you want a good fed with a nice web site (and decent Mods [] ) this is a good one, although, a huge quanity of the guys there now are not in the bottom divisions. You can also sign up for a mentor there to help you.
http://www.mattyk.net/bdf/