Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 05-09-2003, 09:05   #21
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 160:

I was able to resist the first wave of Persian troops. Now I have to deal with 4 muskets and 3 immortals next to Pharsalos as the only immediate danger. They must be running out of immortals and then they have to come with rifleman to attack.

Drawback is that Persia is getting others to join the war. Germany is the first. They are no immediate threats, but it will now take longer before Persia signs peace. I payed a large sum to Germany, so that is now free to rush and upgrade units.
Old 07-09-2003, 18:12   #22
Aggie
Emperor

I conceded. I didn't have luck in this game. As expected, the Persians attacked me early in the game. I prepared for it, but it hampered my growth and I got a useless GA. After that I saw the Persians get the power of the world, part of the reason being their Pyramdis. They were also by far the first to enter the IA and got Nationalism for free. This made it next to impossible for me to keep up with ERIKK by killing the Persians, even worse: they built rifles in the speed that I built Knights and I quickly was surrounded
Old 07-09-2003, 18:15   #23
anarres
anarchist butcher

Comiserations Aggie.
Old 07-09-2003, 18:58   #24
ERIKK

Yup it sucks but you were building marketplaces I just read!

When were you planning to capture the continent (and start the enevitable war with your
neighbour)?
Old 07-09-2003, 19:02   #25
Aggie
Emperor

What is so strange about building marketplaces in a deity game . My troops would have been ready in 5 more turns, but then Persia suddenly got Nationalism.
Old 07-09-2003, 19:11   #26
ERIKK

Well, I was thinking about going to war means building piles of thoops. Especially if these
damn Persians would have gotten Cavs your knights wouldn't have been save too.
Thats all.
Old 07-09-2003, 19:25   #27
Aggie
Emperor

Those marketplaces were built in the early MA. Of course I was building up the troops and beelining to Military Tradition! You were behind in tech vs me (no Education yet) and the AI was entering the IA. No problem for you, because you had a crippled civ to deal with (good job there, I must admit). But I had to deal with the strongest force on the planet that was also the most advanced. The Persians are very strong early in the game and got the Pyramids as a bonus. Doesn't seem obvious to attack the Persians with Pyramids triggering their GA...

By the way: what Persian cavs? They didn't have horses! But they would get rifles and a lot of rails. I wouldn't have attacked in a SP game. Now I didn't see any other option than to disconnect the iron, but that was too late.