Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 08-11-2007, 18:34   #221
Tubby Rower

I'm willing to, I assume it's really over. But to be safe, I'll wait for one more confirmation it won't be exhumed
Old 08-11-2007, 18:53   #222
Rik Meleet

I find myself troubled to get motivated to play this game. But I will not be the one who killed it -> if you want to continue we'll continue.
Old 08-11-2007, 19:56   #223
grahamiam
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

I find myself troubled to get motivated to play this game. But I will not be the one who killed it -> if you want to continue we'll continue.

I really think players have issues completing thier turns in this game, so continuing it just for "pride" doesn't do us any good if there are going to be month-long delays between participants playing the save.

Last November, we were on turn 86. Turn 94 has been in your hands since October 3rd. So, we are at an 8-turn per year pace, and I don't want to play a game like that. I'm sure I had specific goals for the next 20 turns last year, but I can't rememeber what they are and playing like this is not my idea of fun.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 20:50   #224
barbu1977
Emperor

Can everyone commit to complete thier turn as fast as they can from now and up to Christmas?

If not, I guess whe should stop the game.

I am.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:22   #225
Tubby Rower

I can't commit to that since I'm going to be out of town a lot over the next month or so. I do try to play turns as soon as I know about them being in my inbox.
Old 03-11-2008, 16:10   #226
barbu1977
Emperor

I was about to remove CIV3 from my PC, but I first wanted to see what would have happen with that game.

At first, I wanted every team to post their password, but since I can't remember Whomp's password, that would not have been any help. So in spite I tried "admin" as the administrator password and it worked. (Since this game will never get going again, I did not seek approbation)

I must say it's a pitty this game was stopped at that time because real hardcore action was about to get going in the next 4-5 turns. The game would have been decided when Graham would have faced a SoD of about 20 cavs. Since whomp and I had stopped research and focussed on a cavalry blitz, it would have been do or die.

From what I've been able to see, Rik and Mistfit were a bit too far behind. Graham and Tubby leading in tech would have taken the game away if they could get in Industrial age before facing an attack (impressive economy).
Old 04-11-2008, 23:25   #227
grahamiam
Emperor

I'm pretty sure I was in the middle of a knight upgrade + cav building stage as well. Looking at the last combat log, I used 10 vCav's to retake a town from Whomp. iirc, I had some more in reserve as well.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote