Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Robi D's Forum
Home

Old 13-03-2008, 00:32   #1
Robi D
King

Default *Spoiler* Texas Hold'em

The start of another game. This one is a Huge archi map with low seas. Also no tech trading, no vassals, no permanent allies.

Here are the players
Mauer- Frederick, Germany
BCLG- Ragnar, Vikings
Matrix- Hannibal, Carthage
Robboo- Mansa Musa, Mali
IanDC- Elizabeth, England
Barbu- William, Dutch
Robi- Justin, Byzantines
Grahamiam - Tokugawa, Japan
Bodean- Stalin, Russia
Killercane- Churchill, England
Akots- Augustus, Rome
Nitro- Saladin, Arabia

I picked the Byzantines for no special reason, just that i never played with them before.

Now there has been some debate about the starts and should we reload or not, but here is the one i got as it stands.

As you can see the city has lots of things going for it, just not too much happening in the immediate surrounding, which seems be be what most people got.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 06:01   #2
Robi D
King

3880BC

We have continued with the start. There was i bit of a discussion about reloading but the agreed to continue. My POV is you play with what you have, and having a less than ideal start is part of the challenge.

As for my challenge, after climbing the hill i was begining to think i'd be ok if this was an OCC. Lots and lots of ice and tundra in all directions.

Main for me now is to get Robigrad developed asap and to keep exploring for a suitable second city site.

Old 21-03-2008, 01:21   #3
Robi D
King

3600BC

A glimmer of hope as my warrior finds something other than ice or tundra, grassland, with corn no less. Still its a long way away for a second city. Hopefully the warrior headed in the opposite direction can find something suitable thats closer.

Also i got to polytheism first so i founded hinduism.

Old 31-03-2008, 13:46   #4
Robi D
King

3200BC

With my exploring i have met two people. I met mauers scout 6 tiles NW of Robigrad. He seemed pleased to see the vast ice field and turned back without approaching my city. In Robigrad i have stagnated the growth in order to get the fishing boat out quicker since i can make way more food from the crabs being in nets sooner. After this one is done, the plan is to build a second, then a worker. I'm going to gamble no one will be in a rush to attack me

My other warrior which has been going stedily NE since turn one has found some more suitable terrain. He also found tow huts, one gave 83gold and the other some XP's for him. This turn i ran into Grahamiam's warrior. This could be a problem. If he is a lot closer to that area then me and can take up that space then i could be looking at only having 3 cities that are well spaced out and not that great.

Hopefully he is a fair way off and i can grab some of that productive land for myself.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:38   #5
Robi D
King

2720 BC

With a bit more exploring done i can see that this is not going to be easy for me. Grahamiam is not that far away from where i met him so it would be difficult to beat him to most of those areas where i could get a good city going. Thankfully my capital seems better then most so that will keep me in the game for a little while.

For me to have a shot at getting somewhere in the game i'm going to have to take some risks, which means leaving myself open to an attack. My capital is going to have to produce enough GNP for two cities so infrastructure and tile improvement will take priority over military needs. Happiness is a big key since more of it gives me more pop to work those tiles

My current research path is to get some archers mainly for keeping any barbs out and see if there is any copper nearby, then i'll go after writing and currency to boost the GNP.

The demographics arn't to bad considering, doing well on the commerce front.

Old 27-04-2008, 09:41   #6
Robi D
King

2000BC

We've hit the 50 turn mark. Not much has change of late. My plan is still on track. To pass the time mauer and myself are trading insults via the diplomacy screen.

On the domestic front, Robigrad has grown to size 5. All those furs are keeping my GNP near the top which has helped me hit the points lead. I'm going for a second worker before a settler since i have nowhere nearby to settle so the focus is on getting the capital developed quicker. I'm hoping there is copper in the city cross since that would greatly help my production.

Old 06-05-2008, 13:49   #7
Robi D
King

1600 AD

I found the copper is not in the cross but further north. On the positive side with some deer up there as well it gives me a viable spot(barely) that not too much of a treck. I can also use it for a port to the outside world since Robigrad is completely iced in.

I'm going for maths now so i can get the maximum out of the forest chops in the near future.

Old 15-05-2008, 14:01   #8
Robi D
King

1160BC

Things are moving along steadly. Robigrad is growing well, got plenty of food to work all those furs. Built a temple so now i have happy faces for a pop of 8.

Still doing well on the GNP, but everything else is still down.

I wont be finishing the library straight away. I wanted to get to pop 7 before starting the settler. Now that i have a spot to start a city near by i want to get it down quick so i can push forward onto greener tiles.

Mauer passed on some interesting news. Apparently Nitro landed somewhere near Grahamiam, hope he can keep him busy enough for me to exapand a bit closer to Graham.

Old 15-05-2008, 14:33   #9
digger760
King

At least you wont have to protect those fishing nets.
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2008, 05:52   #10
Robi D
King

The one plus side of being surrounded by ice on land and sea. I don't have much too protect. Afterall who in their right mind would want to go to the effort of taking this icy hell off me.