Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Robi D's Forum
Home

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:20   #1
Robi D
King

Default Spoiler CDZ Archi Rumble

This is my first Warlords game. It an Archi map with high sea and tiny islands so it should be a little different from the regular MP games.
Its six players, 3 human, 3AI and the leaders we could pick from are only the new ones to warlords.
In it are Robboo (Ragnar), IglooDude (Shaka), myself (Hannibal) and Wang Kon, Churchill, and Stalin. Also the AI have been made agressive so no soft deals.

Here is mt start

I didn't want to build on the Incense so i have moved 1 tile East. I thought about move NE so i could grab the fish as well but i figured the 2 clams were enough food and figured the extra land tile will bee better to have for production.

As you can see its not much of an island so i think i'll be build a couple of workboats to start off with and researching Sailing so i can have a look around what else is nearby. Hopefully there's a few decent spots to plant new cities.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Old 03-01-2007, 13:54   #2
Robi D
King

3880BC, Turn 3 and i think the picture says it all.

Basically i'll be sitting around waiting on the galley, unless my warriors learnt to swim

Old 16-01-2007, 09:03   #3
Robi D
King

3400BC

Quick update. I got my work boat build and discovered Sailing so i'm building a galley.

With the border expansion i noticed that there are only to access points to my island by costal squarea, one to the NE and one to the SE otherwise i have the protection of ocean squares for the time being.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:34   #4
Robi D
King

2680BC

I have a Galley which i'm set out to explore the surrounding area with. I was able to grab Hindism so my borders have expanded a bit quicker allowing me to see a bit more. From the type of land it looks like i'm in the far north of the map. I'm building a second workboat to get extra food for building settlers and workers. I'm currently 3 turns from researching Bronze Working.

Old 24-02-2007, 16:03   #5
Robi D
King

Its been a while since the last update. The game has been progressing steadily but there hasn't been too much to show. I've just got my second city down and iron working has revealed iron right next to my capital. I'm going for compass next to get my UB into play then come back and working my way upto alphabet as i'm thinking by that time i should start running into people. My galley is heading west to see whats out there

Old 24-02-2007, 20:35   #6
Rik Meleet

UB ?
Old 24-02-2007, 20:57   #7
Beorn
Disabled Vet

UB = unique building, for Hannibal it's a harbor with bonus to trade route commerce along with the usual health from seafood.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Old 25-02-2007, 04:39   #8
Robi D
King

Yes the Cothon (i think) replaces the harbour and is very useful.

I'm so use to playing with pangea or continents maps i'm really struggling to come up with a strategy so i'm open to ideas. I've started a single player game with the settings to see if i can come up with something meaningful

Old 25-02-2007, 04:43   #9
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Workboat scouts asap. Not sure how viable a beeline to optics would be, here, but writing fast and alpha would be must haves. You won't need to run a large military so long as island hopping keeps your fogged tiles to a minimum.

I see you're size 4 already on the picture, what's up with not having a settler or a worker handy? That hill plain E-NE just begs to be settled on.

On the strategic front, I'm not sure how well this would work, but if it gets to later in the game, marines could be huge. Also, well before then, surgical amphibious strikes could be devastating. Due to the whole logistics involved, many opponents will have weakly defended cities around.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Old 26-02-2007, 07:22   #10
Robi D
King

I do have a 2nd city now and i am planning to get a 3rd by the time compass is finished. I'm have trouble on the exploration side, with tiny islads and high sea level i'm running into a lot of ocean squares but i'm sure their must be a route somewhere.

Closed Thread