Robi D
King

Default Spoiler Klammi Pitboss 1

This is a Warlords game.

The setting are as follows;
Map Balanced, Size Standard, 8 Civs (Noble), All Victories activated
Raging Barbs, No Tech Trade

And here are the players

IglooDude (Qin Shi Huang), Klammi (Gandhi), Robboo (Kublai Khan), Darkness (Huayna Capac), Mauer (Saladin), Killercane (Montezuma), Robi D (Brennus), BCLG100 (Ragnar)

It's going to be a tough game, with no tech trades allowed there is one less reason to be friendly

One thing i can't complain about is the start

Plenty of food and some silver nearby too
I flirted with the idea of going for a religion since i started with Mysticism but with all those crabs and fish i decided fishing was more important.

Should be interesting to see who else is near by.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Old 23-03-2007, 10:48   #2
Robi D
King

3840BC

I have already run into Klammi's warrior with my scout, so there is not a big gap between us. My scout got a map for the village that was west of me. Here is a look at the map.

There are plenty of resources around with a number of possible city placements. After the warrior i might build a scout to go eastwards and see who else is next to me.

Old 26-03-2007, 14:01   #3
Robi D
King

3720BC

My borders expanded and popped the hut for 48 gold. It also revealed IglooDudes warrior so i think i can say for certain that he is next to me in the east. The fact we already have a trade route means the river runs between us. I also have made a deal with Klammi, a non aggression treaty to 1AD and we will share information on where the others are as we meet them.

With the NA deal it means i can expand west faster ansd claim the resources since i don't have to worry about a fight for the moment.
My scout has continued his journey going past Klammis border and southward.

As far as research goes i decided to do Mining with a view of BW. If ID turns out to be friendly then i can try to sneak a religion first.

Old 02-04-2007, 14:10   #4
Robi D
King

3320BC

Mauer's scout came across my borders so he isn't too far away. Igloodude is looking to be friendly for the moment so i'm going to take a shot at getting Judism so i decided on Masonary which works out fine as it give me my UB.

My scout came across another village on his way south for another 51g and ran into BCLG. Given the distance between me and Klammi i figure there is someone else in between BC and Klammi so i decided to backtrack a bit and what do you know, another village Hope no one else gets there before me.

Old 13-04-2007, 15:12   #5
Robi D
King

2880BC

Last turn my scout ran into a tricky situation

Not something you see every day. My scout put up a brave fight killing the lion and bear but the panther was one bridge too far

Back at home, The wheel is done and so is my first worker. Since everyone around me has gotten BW i thought i would be too tempting a target if i went for Judism so i'm just going to have to hope no one else is going for it.

I'll have a replacement scout out next turn then i'm building a settler to try to grab the silver to my west before Klammi gets there

Old 20-04-2007, 12:21   #6
Robi D
King

2480 BC

I've finished Bronze working and i'm going to attempt to get Judism. First step is learning Poly. Everything is running pretty smoothly. Here is a look at my situation

As you can see both Klammi and Igloodude are pretty close. I had a talke with Klammi and he has decided to grab the copper in front of him which means i have a free run at the silver. Here is my current placement plan

My settler is nearly done and i hope to have the silver hooked up by the time my second city is in place or within a turn or two at worst, then i aim to get the copper thats just south of me. The city placements not the best but i figured it got rid of a tundra tile.

The other news is i met killercane who is a long way SE of me and we managed to come to an major agreement. We will have a non agression treaty to 1000 AD and help each other in war. This pretty much puts ID in my crosshairs when it comes time for war.

Old 27-04-2007, 09:17   #7
Robi D
King

2240BC

I have my second city. The silver is being mined and i'm on the way to Monotheism.

The bad news is ID put his second city in a place which kills the placement for my 4th city and threatens my placement of city 3 so i'm not thrilled. This means as soon as Robigrad grows to 4 another settler will be built to secure the copper.

Once the silver is online and the workboat gets the fish the time to Mono will come down. I estimate 7 turns in total to complete it.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:16   #8
Robi D
King

1960BC

I'm starting to feel a little closed in with Klammi now starting a city close to my borders. However i got Judism so my culture will stop them getting to close. The settler for my third city is nearly finished so i'll have the copper soon, then i can focus on getting some units and building constructed. Also Stapel has taken over from ID so it will be interesting to see how friendly he is going to be

And my scout ran into Mauers borders, he is pretty much directly east of me.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:38   #9
Robi D
King

1720 BC

I have my third city (everyone else has 1 or 2) up and running and now i'm in the process of connecting the copper. I'm also building another worker so i can go and connect the resources up around Connor City and get it growing.

I can see that Stapel (formally Igloodude) doesn't have copper hooked up but does have horses, which i have around me but not in my borders.

I lost another scout, this one the a barb warrior so i getting another one built to continue exploring. I noticed looking at my past posts i forgot to mention killer and BCLG are at war which started about 15 turns ago. It seems killer went for the dagger on BC but i don't think its going to work. When i talked to killer he was still confident but BCLG got a second city started were killer still only has one so it going to be an uphill battle for him.

Things are running smoothly at the moment, my research targets are now pottery, sailing and Iron working. On the home front growing the 3 cities i have and getting some infrastructure in place and finally start building up the military

Old 17-05-2007, 13:25   #10
Robi D
King

1400BC

Things are falling into place. I have the copper hooked up and all the cities are growing nicely. I'm researching sailing now so i can get a few more trade routes established, then Iron working for my UU and hopefully some iron. My commerce has dropped slightly as Connor City is now working the deer but thats only temporary.

My only concern for the moment is my positioning. There is some room along the coast to the east but Stapel is in a difficult position for me. Here is a look at the northern third of the continent

Closed Thread