Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Ehecatl Atzin's Teocalli
Home

Old 02-08-2003, 21:48   #1
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Default Moonsinger vs Ehecatl Atzin --SPOILERS--

My latest pbem In this one I play the japanese and Moonsinger the Ottomans. It's a pangaea map so sooner or later we will meet . We have 6 AI civs waiting to fall under our feet. This is my starting point,

24.01KB
I sent the worker up the hill to get a better look at my surroundings, there are diamonds that I would like to have under the capital's sphere, so I moved my settler NW one tile and will settle there on my next turn. What do you guys think? I'm planning on an early domination of my imediate neighbours so iron working is an early must, after that a small period of building improvements followed by another war and so on, hopefully I'll get chivalry (samurai) before Moonsinger gets knights so I can cripple her Kingdom before she gets a chance at her UU.
Ehecatl Atzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 21:51   #2
ERIKK

Sounds good! Go kill her!
ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 21:59   #3
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

MWAHAHAHA! Those riverbeds will allow my early cities to grow fast so I'm counting onthose diamonds to keep my people dazed some mines in the desert and a settler factory is ready!
Old 09-08-2003, 23:25   #4
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Update.

The pics say it all. The settler is located where on my next turn a city will be built, and not a moment too soon since those barbs that swarmed out of the hut I crashed are way too close, the city will most likely get raized but it's better than loosing a settler. And yes, it is a habit of mine to send settler undefended into the wild. What can I say, I like the adrenaline rush []

37.52KB

Those are horses BTW, soon my exploration capabilites will expand with the adition of horsemen to the empire. There's another pic of incense

10.37KB and the most likely place for my third city. Avalon rioted two turn ago, I was counting of the diamond road being built before the city grew to size 4, but my slave couldn't keep up with the city growth. It will finish before it reaches size 4 again, after the second settler it's already building, I'll switch to granary-warrior-settler-horseman.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:58   #5
Aggie
Emperor

Hey, it is too much of a risk to have a lone settler around with all those barbarians! And oh, your city can't be razed by barbarians!
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 22:38   #6
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Yeah, I know, the post should have said sacked, but was too lazy to edit
Old 14-08-2003, 01:26   #7
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Turn 41- update. We've just finished a power play session (somewhat short since I have to be someplace in..um... 10 minutes) Here's the pic of my lands and the minimap. There is also a persian city quite close to Aztlan.. They must have their core cities beyton that jungle somewhere...I guess now I know who will taste japanese iron; preferably before they get immortals. So I'm hoping those hills have some iron in them, lots of gems and incense for trade later on

53.73KB

and the minimap

4.09KB

So, any thoughts? I'm thinking of expanding north, north-east, since that's where land will be up for grabs with the persians, and the south doesn't seem to be in trouble of being lost.
Old 15-08-2003, 22:20   #8
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Hmmmm... something strange happened.. Moonsinger gave me contacts with the entire AI..for free. I'm the second lowest score in the board, she's number one with about a 50 point diference, but now that I bought masonry from the AI (the only tech I didn't have) I'm on par in the tech race with the AI, I'm currently researching Literature and will have it in about 7 turns... was she just being nice or is this somesort of trap?
I built two more cities and now have iron, the city that has it is building a barracks and I have a prebuild going in Avalon just in case I can get the Great Library (nobody else is building it yet) the rest of the cities are building warriors for a later upgrade to swordsmen, but a road is also being constructed so all cities, except one, will be linked to iron. All this is the preparation of war against the persians. They have iron in two cities but it isn't linked to the capital yet, so I'm hoping I'll get those cities first to nullify their chances of getting immortals, they have 4 cities, none conected with road to the others and a settler/warrior running about. What do you guys think?
Old 16-08-2003, 10:42   #9
yndy
Prince

Moonsinger gifts contacts? Maybe she thought you were too far behind; Or maybe she wants you to put some money in the AI coffers so that she can take that . But there are several reasons for her not to give you those contacts so I don't know.

Edit: I just read Moonsinger's spoilers and now I know why. But I did not know at the time I wrote the original message. I don't want either of you to blame me for anything.
Old 18-08-2003, 06:48   #10
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Nah, we've spoken in mesenger before I read your post, all it clear now We know a bit more about each other's lands and game strategy. She wanted me to catch up in techs as a show of goodwill, what she didn't know is that my score is low because I'm building settlers and haven't gotten to increasing my production and that sort of stuff (one worker still....) and not so because techs. But don't worry, we wouldn't blame you for anything