Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum > CDZ cup
Home

Old 11-09-2012, 14:41   #71
BCLG100
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1 View Post
for no apparent reason of course, but still it happens!
Exactly. Why do i go through phases of interest in Civ?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 15:51   #72
Shabbaman
Administrator

Well, I really can't be arsed to spend time buying players. In a few seasons most of my main players will be too old to compete. With the team I have now I can (apparently) compete at this level without any effort at all. I would be motivated to try to achieve something (something like winning this league), if I could make a plan to achieve that (something like: buying players). The thing is, every plan I would make involves training something for two or three seasons and selling those players, but in the mean time the economy will crash. Or the economy will boom, at which time I will have bought a trainee that will be worth half I bought him for by the time I want to sell him. I fail to see what makes this game fun.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:10   #73
socralynnek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
I fail to see what makes this game fun.
And that after a few years of playing...

I must admit that I don't know whether I'd still be playing HT if I didn't have met people, who play HT,in RL.

We have a monthly meeting here (although often we talk only little about HT), I have met people at nationwide meetings and I like to chat with some in federations.

And a few seasons, I even was playing with one of the regular members of our monthly meeting in our city in the same league.

I am not managing my team to max success in the last few months. I am training too many non-optimal trainees from my own youth squad, but that improved my fun (loyalty helps in making my strategy less non-optimal)

But I still think the game is fun, although it was more fun a few years ago. But that is more about me than about the game.

If you want to keep your team alive, buying doesn't take too much time.

Buy some 29-32 year ols with about world class skill. Doesn't take too much time searching, you don't risk investing too much as they cost little and thanks to wage discount they are much bang for the buck, so you still are quite competitive.

Or buy 16 not too young midfielders with low passing and train them in passing. Doesn't take too much time, they are cheap, and via defensive forwards you will still not get trashed I guess. And maybe fun comes back with some new feature and you have some nice amount of money then.

Keeping the team alive doesn't take too much time especially with friendly pool etc.

Maybe you are interested in having a national player of some country? If you are thinking about closing the team, then this might be the right time. Burns your money, but you might be able to say you have achieved something.