Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 19-07-2011, 16:41   #31
socralynnek

Yes, almost. For friendlies, I propose Wing + Passing or Individual. (for same reason, non-optimal lineup for combining both)

But things changed, you now know that he is decent in Wing skill, so it is also fine, if you use Wing + Passing or Individual in league matches (and let him play on winging spot)

(If you train wing, you might even use the variant of passing which trains everyone except strikers, as otherwise your wing backs don't receive passing but wing training)

But if you are unlucky (yu'd see this if the skill bars turn to yellow), then he is already maxed out after one of the next wing trainings anyway. Double solid would be very nice...
Old 19-07-2011, 17:25   #32
Mistfit
King

but with those I will not get any PM training which seems to be an important secondary for any winger.. I have a little time to train this guy so hopefully in the coming weeks I can get to know his potential.

If I train PM and passing and play him at IM will he get any passing training or will he only get PM?
Old 19-07-2011, 17:54   #33
socralynnek

Players generally profit from both trainings, if they are set at the correct positions. only secondary training has a weaker effect (with additional malus if first = secondary)

So if you play him as IM and have training at PM + Pass, he will improve in both.
And in the weeks with Wing + Defense passing, he will improve in wing + pass.
Old 20-07-2011, 12:19   #34
Mistfit
King

Okay so I have been doing some reading on how to best move forward with these youth players (here and at HT) and I think I have a plan of attack...

I have learned that if you have a player in a training position:
Primary Training will - give 100% training and possibly reveal Current levels of that training

Secondary Training will - give 50% training and possibly reveal Potential levels of that training

I will concentrate on these 3 guys for now...

Best Prospect:

Nicholas Rider
15 years and 48 days, Next birthday: 9-21-2011

Speciality: Head

Keeper: unknown
Defending: unknown
Playmaking: unknown (max solid)
Winger: passable (max unknown)
Passing: weak (max unknown)
Scoring: unknown
Set pieces: unknown

Second Guy (pulled this week):

Vernon Schmidt
15 years and 15 days, Next birthday: 10-24-2011

Playmaking: unknown (max solid)
Winger: poor (max unknown)
Passing: unknown

3rd Guy (youngest of the initial guys I pulled)

Zeb Lewis

15 years and 21 days
Playmaking: unknown
Winger:
3/? poor (max unknown)

I might play with this guy a bit too even though he is older....He has gotten 5.5 stars in forward...

Logan Tripp

16 years and 25 days
Defending:
5/8-1/5 unknown (max inadequate)
Playmaking: unknown
Winger: unknown

My plan for the coming weeks is to play the first 3 at IM to try and reveal their Current PM skills. Once one of them gets a current PM skill I will move them to wing and use that as secondary to try and find out potential.

I will also try and find out their potentials in defending and scoring (just in case)

This seems rather complicated but the first 2 guys have the potential to be good senior club trainees or trade bait to improve my team in a couple of years.
Old 20-07-2011, 13:52   #35
socralynnek

Focus on the first two, forget about the others (of course you should fill all training spots, if you are lucky, you can get a few bucks by selling them, but as you said, the first two are really great)

Don't forget: For every training report, one skill is chosen for which you get the potential of one of your 3 best players anyway. But it might take too long to use that to get the winger skills of your players.

Personally, I wouldn't let them miss half of a PM training just to have the chance to get to know their potential in wing.

I'd train them in PM and then start maxing out wing. You sometimes get their potential skill when they get close to it anyway, so personally I prefer to get the potential that way for players that I'll train in that skill anyway. Time is often too short for that...(but maybe not for your players)

But the path you propose is surely not wrong. And probably my youth team shouldn't be a shining example anyway...
Old 20-07-2011, 23:52   #36
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by socralynnek View Post
But the path you propose is surely not wrong. And probably my youth team shouldn't be a shining example anyway...
+1

IMO, the reveal skill function is completely random. Sometimes, you train and train that same thing and your best youth don't have any info and right before he gets 17, you finally know he was passable all the way and did not improve at all.

IMO, looking at the stars is not that bad idea and gives a more or less reliable estimate.

IMHO, if you train winger with the main team, you can get this first best guy to passable in no time. He'll pop every week or two. It would be barely enough time to get his stamina in good shape which helps to sell greatly. So, no need to waste youth training on winger unless you have him at excellent potential.

But, I have not had an excellent youth potential up until now, not a single one.

My YS is not that bad, it pays the maintenance although brings very little extra cash.
Old 21-07-2011, 09:53   #37
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
+1

IMO, the reveal skill function is completely random. Sometimes, you train and train that same thing and your best youth don't have any info and right before he gets 17, you finally know he was passable all the way and did not improve at all.

IMO, looking at the stars is not that bad idea and gives a more or less reliable estimate.

IMHO, if you train winger with the main team, you can get this first best guy to passable in no time. He'll pop every week or two. It would be barely enough time to get his stamina in good shape which helps to sell greatly. So, no need to waste youth training on winger unless you have him at excellent potential.
I agree with akots on all points.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 16:30   #38
Mistfit
King

You think I should keep this guy? I am planning on working playmaking and wing on my current youth star but a solid defender might be worth it too..

You think I could do better with my 2 other pulls?
Quote:

Anyway, Jay Cooper is 16 years old and from what I have seen of him I must say I am impressed.

This player has poor Playmaking at this point in his career. If he develops well, I would say this chap can emerge with solid Defending before joining the senior squad.

Can I offer him a place at the academy?
Old 25-07-2011, 16:39   #39
socralynnek

Sounds nice. But depending on how close he is to 17yo, it might be hard getting him to where he can.

At least I wouldn't change the training scheme for him, but maybe it is worth it giving him some PM training as well as probably you haven't filled up all spots for that. But the other guys are better.
Old 25-07-2011, 16:41   #40
Mistfit
King

I kept him.. 16 years and 43 days

Should I plug him into the wing spot while training PM/short passing ? he should get some training there right?