Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SG archive > SGOTM 8
Home

Old 26-08-2005, 19:59   #11
Darkness

Turn 61-70 (Player: Rik Meleet

IHT: Wash gets 2 scientists. Boston to Pyramids. Atlanta to warrior. Philly-worker towards Boston to improve tiles for the Pyr city.

1 - Washington is a perfect 6879 settler factory. No adjustments here. It will require some lux-changes, but so does Boston.

2 - Chicago build on site "4".

3 - Phil builds worker, BARB spotted W of NY. Phil starts warrior. NY switched to warrior. Build embassy in Beijing. They'll finish the Pyramids in 20 turns. Switch Boston over to settler.

153.76KB

4 - just some MM-ing.

5 - Wash Settler, NY warrior, Boston settler. The NY warrior starts to position himself near the barbs. Settlers move to their locations.

6 - Barb walks next to empty Phil. New York warrior is forced to attack and dies. Another warrior kills it. Dispersing the barb camp fails.
Greece and China both have Mapmaking. Trade Phil to Greece for MapMaking + their WM. There are a lot of dyes present.
Use the extra gold to buy embassy with Greece.

180.39KB

7 - Use the scouts on a new mission: block settlers from the dyes. But that turns out to be too late already; a chinese warrior-settler is spotted.

8 - Seattle + San Francisco founded. That relieves our mountain-scout from spotting duty. He is send north for blocking.

9 - Wash: Settler finished. Boston builds a warrior. Xinjian is Greek. Flipped, probably as there is no war. China builds the Dyes city. We now only have 1 dyes available to us. I make it a priority to get it. All 3 scouts are going there to block settlers. One of our settlers is going there as well.

151.1KB

10 - NY worker, Atlanta warrior. 2 warrior send to the mountains to form a chain to the gems. Atlanta starts a spear to be put on the gems.

181.82KB

------------

Things in progress:
* Archer + fortified warrior should remove the barb camp near New York.
* Warriors south of Atlanta are to form a fortified link to the Gems. The spear currently being build in Atlanta is planned to go on the Gems.
* Courthouse in Seattle is library pre-build. If we get lucky we pop the hut.
* Courthouse in San Francisco is just because I didn't know what to build there.
* Archer in Boston is for barb hunting. It is open for change.
* Settler NW NW of New York is to claim the Dyes. This should be a big priority. If the fortified warrior isn't needed to expell the barbcamp it can join the settler on its trip. If it is needed, the scout 1 tile in front can detect barbs.

Oh yeah; This is what the north looks like:

130.44KB
Old 26-08-2005, 20:01   #12
Darkness

Turn 71-80 (Player: Darkness)

1225BC (1) – Philly: worker -> worker. Archer destroys barb camp near NY.
1200BC (2) – Chicago: Warrior -> worker.
1175BC (3) – Washington: Settler -> settler. KYOTO (JAPAN) builds Oracle. See a Chinese settler-spearman pair near Canton. Move to block… Approach barbarian camp near gems. Only one warrior present. Switch Atlanta build to settler.
1150 BC (4) – I gamble and use the two warriors to attack the camp near the mountains. First one dies, but the second wins…
1125BC (5) – NY: Worker -> worker. Build in SanFran… switched to warrior as NY needs another MP.
1100BC (6) – Second Chinese settler-spear combo spotted near Canton… Boston: Archer -> spearman. Philly: worker -> worker. Miami founded 3 NW of New York. Start production of worker… WM sold to Greece for their WM and 23 gold. WM sold to China for their WM and 20 gold. Maps show nothing new, they just got us some extra gold.
1075BC (7) – Washington: Settler -> settler. Chicago: worker -> worker.
1050BC (8) – SanFran...: warrior -> courthouse. Seattle hires scientis, ‘cause the only alternative is raising the lux tax to 60%.... Houston founded N of the dyes (on the river). Start worker (can be changed by the next player).
1025BC (9) – China orders us to remove our forces. We are not ready for war, so I comply with his “request”. We got what we wanted from the blocking anyway.
1000BC (10) – NY: worker -> worker. Atlanta: Settler -> courthouse.

169.61KB

Some notes for the next player (see NEW dotmap!!!):
- The injured warrior should patrol near the gems, moving SW next turn and again NE the turn after, to keep as much as we can clear of the fog, so we can prevent camps from arising. After the colony is founded on the gems we’ll see what to do next.
- The settler in Chicago should go to A
- The settler in the stack 2N of Miami should go to B
- The workers 2 N of Miami are a stack to road towards the dyes.
- Use all available units to block the Chinese. We might get a few more cities
- Cities on the new dotmap are listed in order of priority (IMHO)
- Republic in 7 turns. After that: literature, so we can build some libraries.
- The spearman build in Boston can also be changed to a library pre-build, but that’s your call.
- I built a lot of workers, ‘cause we’re going to war later on with a slow stack and we need those workers to road for them, to get at least something that resembles speed…
- City site C1 or C2 is up for debate I think. I prefer C2 (less cultural pressure and closed territory without the need for culture right away.
- City site E has the lowest priority, because we will get that site anyway. C and D will be a race with the Chinese, and we’ll most likely lose the race for D.
- E is located 2 SW of Miami, because that will bring more tiles in our territory than any other location on that piece of coast.
- And lastly: I made a minor error in the micromanagement of New York. It will now grow in 5 turns, instead of 4. Sorry about that…
- And one final note: we’re lagging behind team Wacken by a whopping 88 points. I am very surprised how they got such a high score. We did not play perfect, but we did play quite a good game so far. I’ll be reading their spoiler after the game is over with great interest! Looks like we’ll be racing for second place…
Old 26-08-2005, 20:04   #13
Darkness

Turn 81-90 (Player: barbu1977)

975BC (1)
Wash. Settler-> settler
Founded Buffalo
Changed Boston and Phili to barracks (we'll see if we need baracks or library later)

IT
Bejing finished the Pyramids

950 (2)
Chicago Worker -> Barracks
Founded St-Louis

IT
Barb camp appeared just next to the scout in the north. It's the first time I a camp not in the fog. Is that normal?

925 BC (3)
Nothing happened

900 BC (4)
Nothing worth mentioning

IT
China settler seen moving back north

875BC (5)
Wash Settler -> Settler
NY Worker -> Worker

850BC (6)
Republic came around with a 5 turn anarchy
Worker sets colony on dyes

825BC (7)
Detroit Founded

800BC (8)
Anarchy!

IT
Athens finished the Colossus

775BC (9)
Dyes Connected Only NY and Wash need entertainers

750BC (10)
Anarchy

We have Republic and our we can gain Construction and Curency on them. I'd wait just a little bit because we are only one road away from china and they do have a Horse to trade (the worker alone in the jungle). Maybe we should go that way. It's up to the next turnplayer.

121.32KB
Old 26-08-2005, 20:06   #14
Darkness

Turn 91-100 (Player: Romeothemonk

Turn 1: We become a republic. Build New Orleans. Swap most builds, reg warriors suck for us now.
IBT:
Turn 2: Disband our scouts.
Turn 3: Spot dark purple borders pop up/
Turn 4: Not much
Turn 5: Lit comes in, HBR in 4 at a tidy profit.
Turn 6: Trade Lit for HBR, (Just came in) gold and new WM's.
Turn 7: Found Baltimore. Rush a lib in Seattle.
Turn 8: More moving and such.
Turn 9: Not too much
Turn 10: Decide our Unit costs are still eating us alive, and disband some reg warriors.

We can trade republic for anything we need, both civs have offshore cities, and we could start thinking conqeust of China in ~25 turns.

106.59KB
Old 26-08-2005, 20:07   #15
Darkness

Turn 101-110 (Player: Socralynnek)

Looking at the save:
Everything seems fine.

IT:
Research Poly.
Give Poly&Republic to China (they value Poly as high as Republic, so I guess they are researching Republic)
for Horses+Construction+WM+6g
Give Poly+gpt+52g to Greece for Currency.
Sadly they get Feudalism as their free tech which they don't want to trade for Rep.

Borders grow and we pop the hut on the island giving us 50g.

530 BC (1) - Detroit builds Worker.
Sell WM to Greece for WM+14g. See orange borders to the west and spot red borders to the east.
Switch some builds to Horseman.
Research Monotheism at max speed.
Make one scientist in NY.

510 BC (2) - Nothing special.

490 BC (3) - Lib done in Washington. Greece is now in Feudalism, China in Republic.
Trade WMs to both Greece and China.

470 BC (4) - There is a purple Warr 2 E of Buffalo and yes, it's Scandinavia with their nice Berserks...
But from that, they are far away. Give them Poly for their WM + 76g.
They don't know Greece and China. They have iron but no horses.
Build embassy in Trondheim.
Oh, and we have our first horseman.

450 BC (5) - China has Feudalism now and Greece Rep.
Sell WM for WM+35g to Greece.

430 BC (6) - Settler done in NY.

410 BC (7) - Greece has settled just 2 tiles away from orange borders but still haven't met them.
Disband a reg warrior for 2shields and to save 2gpt.

390 BC (8) - Trade TM to Vikings for WM + 9g. Trade WM to Greece for WM.

370 BC (9) - Temple in Washington done, switch to Marketplace.

350 BC (10) - Settler near Detroit is heading for the spot S-S of Corinth.
Next settler could go to the hill S,SW of Houston. That's the only spot where we can squeeze in a city in our lands.
We haven't traded the contact with Scandinavia yet, but now, Greece has a nice sum in their account(76g).
It's funny that Greece hasn't met the orange one yet and China didn't meet the red one (east of their northern cities on the island)
Monotheism done in 2 turns, we have a few scientists around.
We already have 5 horseman.
So, next one please...
Old 26-08-2005, 20:09   #16
Darkness

Turn 111-120 (Player: Rik Meleet)

Pre flight check:
Atlanta is building a reg horse. Switch it to barracks.
Buffalo as well. Since production and food is low; I go for harbor.
St. Louis as well, rax ordered.
Switch Washington to rax as well. Markets are nice, but we have a military campaign ahead of us and need vet horses. At the beginning of my first turn we have -only- 5 horsemen and are weak compared to China.

- 1 -
Detroit builds worker, more ordered up there.
New Orleans builds spear, starts worker
- ROME FINISHES TOA -

Against my principles I road a jungle tile before I clear it. This is to get access to Hangchow with horses in 1 turn; instead of 2. New York grows and I hire 1 scientist there. Mono in 1 while I can down the sci-slider to 50%.
Atlanta's borders expanded, raking in the goats.

- 2 -
Chinese want to talk. TM for TM ? I garee, as I'd like to know where all of their cities are. No extra map info gained.
Monotheism is learned. Start on Theology, for trade-value and to quickly get to Universities. Research is important in this "fastest finish" game.
Washington finishes barracks. MM it to 15 spt and spit out horsemen.

Monotheism is traded to China for Feud + WM + all their gold (1). To Greece for 85 gold + WM (If we don't do that; China will benefit from the trade).
Build Denver.
Cashrush harbor in Seattle.

- 3 -
Phil: horse -> horse
Chic: horse -> horse
Seat: harbor -> market
SanF: Court -> Lib

The construction of the harbor allows coast-trade. Greece has Wines for sale. Comm with the Vikings for Wines + WM + 4 gold. Some Micromanaging later we look real good. The 2 horsemen build takes us to average, compared to China. 16 workers, 5 warriors, 2 archers 2 spearmen and 7 horsemen did that. (This is for Propain's formulae).

- 4 -
Wash: horse -> horse.
Bost: Horse -> horse
Greeks start Lighthouse. And finish MoM in Athens. China starts Great Lib & Sun Tzu.
China has Monarchy. Keep it !

- 5 -
China starts Hanging Gardens and finishes The Great Wall (In Beijing). Talk about Wonder addiction. This does mean that we are by far on the biggest landmass.

- 6 -
Wash: horse -> horse
Atla: rax -> horse
Miam: horse -> spear
Hous: rax -> spear

We suddenly know Japan, England and Rome. China does as well. And Greece. And the Vikings.
Trade Feud to Japan for WM + all their gold (43) + Monarchy. Rome gets Feud for WM + 33 gold. If we can get the Greek city of Argos in a peacedeal; we'll have a firm foothold onto Englands Island. And since Japan and Rome share a continent, just 1 city of them would suffice. All civs are broke, except Greece, who is -relatively- filthy rich with 205 gold.

- 7 -
Wonder messages fly around.

- 8 -
Wash: horse -> horse
NewY: settler -> Lib
Phil: horse -> lib
Chic: horse -> horse
Sell our WM around for some spare cash and more WM's.

- 9 -
Our south is not defended at all. Well, we'll need to gamble if we want to win the SGOTM. Move warrior to the 2nd Gems for protection of a new colony there. Gems can be traded and could be very valuable.

- 10 - 150 BC
I see a greek galley fighting. Must be barbs as Greece is not at war with anyone.
Wash: horse -> market
Boston: horse -> lib
Horse deal ends. WE now have 16 horses and 2 in production.
Settler reaches position for last town.
Worker reaches Gems for new colony.

-----------------

I didn't MM the cities in turn 10. Next player must do that.
There are 14 horsemen in the Detroit - Houston area. 2 more on the way to there. And 2 more in production. Should be enough; I hope.
Settler is in position, and so is the 2nd gems-colony worker.
Theology in 2 turns.

177.28KB
Old 26-08-2005, 20:13   #17
Darkness

Turn 121-130 (Player: barbu1977)

30.66KB

Preturn:
Little Micromanagement, change Wash to settler as it is planed to raze Chendu
Move stack in the jungle NE of New Orleans to prevent tha attack acrost the River

130 BC (1)
Atlanta Horse -> Spear
St-Louis Barracks -> Spear
Colony on Gems
Battle of Hangchow: 1 Horse dead, 1 retreat, 2 2/4 to kill 2 spears.
5 Slaves are captured

IT
Horse Attacked by 1 archer reatreats

110 BC (2)
Theology comes Switch to education
Wash Settler -> Marketplace
Battle of Chendu 1 horse Dead, 2 retreat 1 2/4 2 3/4
1 reg horse attacks lone archer promotes and captures 1 worker
The Sci slider is down to 40% education is in 17 turns
Trade Greece Theo for 210g WM and a great 35gpt, Sci slider back up to 70% at -7 gpt. Education in 10

90BC (3)
Chicago Horse -> Lib
Miami Spear-> Lib
Regroup the injured horsies.

Greece now has engineering

70 BC (4)
Attack on Canton I'm facing strong resistance 1 stupid reg spearmand cause 2 retreat and 2 dead horses finaly falls. we now have horses.
We get Eng. and 40G from England for theo, no more rivers to cross

IT Begin has completed the hanging gardens

50BC (5)
Altanta Spear -> Marketplace
Chendu is abbandoned And cintinati founded 1 NE we will be able to squeze 1 city there.

10 horses are ready to stike Beging in 2.

IT 1 horse killed by chinese horse
Athens complete the great light house.

30 BC (6)
Dallas settled
I kill 1 horseman

10BC (7)
Battle for Begin
2 deads 2 Retreats 2 Elites (We get Pyramids, Hanging gardens and the Great wall
Make peace for Tating Chinan and Tientin WM and 36G (Unable to get any other cities)
Sell granary in Washington

10 AD (8)
Micromanage a couple of citizens to get education in 2

20 AD (9)
Wash. Marketplace -> Sistine (Copernicus prebuild) I probably should have delayed marketplace and made a copernicus prebuid
San Fran. Library -> Settler
St-Louis Spear -> Spear

30 AD (10)
Education came continued the road and picked astronomy
Phili Library -> Marketplace
Miami Spear-> Horse

- I did not finished the MM for turn 10.
- We may want to select a few cities in our core to build aqueduc and bring to size 12 where we will build the infrastructure (university, Banks)
- There is a couple of settlers to build for our new possessions
- China could fall preaty easely in the next turnset.
- We probably want to rush a couple of units in the norten Island just acquired.

190.01KB
Old 26-08-2005, 20:17   #18
Darkness

Turn 121-130 (Player: Romeothemonk)

IHT: Up science.
Starve down beijing.
We haven't started the FP. will start that soon.
Sell Alex some edumacation for chivalry, wines, WM and 378 gold.
Embassies established.
Still plodding along.
Japan builds TGL.
Astronomy comes in, head for banking.
Pop a bandit camp.
Build Memphis so we can have elvis.
We can pull a few trades, but I wanted team decision on a few of them. Banking is coming up soon.

92.83KB

98.23KB

92.57KB

In C3C the rule with the FP is the sooner the better. It doesn't create a 2nd core, so it is kinda useless to build in the corrupt boonies.
I played 10 turns.
I didn't get invention from China, as I left that to the next player, or if we just let the AI trade it amongst themselves.
I went for banking to get the home economy up ASAP.
Agree on the keep astronomy, one of the other reasons I didn't pull any new trades.
Old 26-08-2005, 20:19   #19
Darkness

And the last set of turns played so far:

Turn 131-140 (Player: Socralynnek)

250 AD (0) - Buy Invention from China for Education+160g+WM which we'll be beating out fo them soon...
They wouldn't sell it for all our money, so I guess that deal is the best we can do, because otherwise someone else sells them Edu.
Give Gems+10gpt+WM to Japan for Silks+WM and turn down lux to 10%.
MM Seattle & Wash to get FP (36turns->30turns) & CopObs(16turns->14turns) faster (surrounding cities would be wasting shields otherwise).

260 AD (1) - Boston Harbor->Aqueduct
We lose one Colony since Atlanta's influence has grown.

270 AD (2) - New York Library->Market
Atlanta Market ->Horse
Our deal with Greece about 35gpt expires.

280 AD (3) - We can trade luxuries with Rome

290 AD (4) - Banking done.
Sell Banking for WM+64g+11gpt+Wool+Furs to Rome
Sell Banking for156g+WM+32gpt to Japan
Sell Banking for 22gpt+39g+WM to Greece.
Set research (Gunpowder) to 90%. Done in 5 turns. Set lux to 0%.
Rush Temple in Beijing.

300 AD (5) - Beijing Temple->Courthouse
Phil Market->Univ
Miami Horse->Horse
Rush Settler in Hangchow as it grows next turn.
WLTKD clebrated in some towns(Hangchow, Atlanta, Seattle)

310 AD (6) - Chicago Market ->Univ
Hangchow Settler->Settler

320 AD (7) - SF Harbor-Aqueduct
Tatung Warr->Temple
Chinan Worker ->Settler
Atlanta Horse-> Horse

These builds can/should be changed by next player!!!

340 AD (9) - Gunpowder done and surprisingly there's an Saltpeter source directly next to Baltimore.
Greece has done Astronomy.

350 AD (10) -
Caesar asks for dyes but doesn't want to declare war after I refused.
Athens has done Knights Templar and started building Copernicus, but our build will be done in 4 turns.
Have done no unit movements and no MM in that turn yet.
Scandinavia has gone to Anarchy after they finally got Republic.
Japan and China will be the only civs without a source of saltpeter in their current territory.
There is a Settler standing in Chinese territory. Their border has just expanded, I wanted to settle there (2N of Canton)

Our peace deal with China expired, so we could attack them and take one or two of their cities and go for peace with more cities then.

Oh, and one more word to the FP, I left it at Seattle, because there we can have it very soon (it was 16or 17 turns I think)
Played around with CivAssist2 and it showed, that, only considering the location, Houston would be better (increases our output by +20% instead of a little more than 10%), but surely it would be later, much later.
And we need to build an Aqueduct in Seattle to make full use of the reduced waste/corruption in the FP town.

------------------------

Rik is up next!
Old 27-08-2005, 12:35   #20
Darkness

Turn 141-150 (Player: Rik Meleet)

IBT. MM cities
Move units out of China. Changed Atlanta to Aqua. Tatung to settler.

Japan want to talk. Our TM for their WM.
English want to talk. Our TM for their WM.

- 1 - Declare war on China. Take Tsingtao (Chinese Capital) for no losses.
Loose 1 horse, but take Shanghai.
I have to MM Chinese cities we took in the previous war. Switch Tientsin to a spear.
I don't like the Viking galley on our shores. But it's going to the island south of Seattle with a warrior and a settler.

IBT: Tientsin: spear -> harbor.

- 2 - Nanking spears kill 2 horses + retreats 1. I do manage to kill 2, but Nanking is still Chinese.

IBT a Chinese spear/settler pair walks around on our northern Island. Wine deal ends.

- 3 - We don't actually need wines; only 2 scientists changed to entertainers will for now. Greece is asking 25 gpt for wines. But; there are only 4 or 5 of each luxury on the planet, so if we pass on a deal; we won't get it back easily when we do need it. So I do buy wines for 25gpt.
Nanking retreats 1 horse, but then we capture the city. The Chinese capitol jumps to Macao; the island in our inner sea.

The war can end now, as far as I'm concerned. But Mao doesn't want to talk.

Copernicus finishes. Golden Age. Starts University. Tsingtao flips to China. Greece starts Leo's.

- 4 - Build Los Angeles between Nanking and Shanghai. Rush some buildings. Position troops to take back Tsingtao.

Chemistry is learned. Research set to Physics.
New York. Market -> Uni
Baltimore. Harbor -> aqua

- 5 - Tsingtao. Fail to capture it.

- 6 - Repositioning troops to recapture Tsingtao.

- 7 - failed again. The Tsingtao 2 spears + 1 longbow kill 2 horses, retreat 1. This just sucks. But at least they want to talk and give up 1 city. Shantung looks very nice (on an island with Spices + barbs + Romans. I'll wait 1 last turn.

- 8 - I finally take Tsingtao. Sign Peace with China for Shantung + WM + 23 gold + 1gpt.

IBT: Physics -> ToG. A barb appears close to Shantung.

- 9 - Not much. Consolidating our positions. Nanking has a huge flip risk as it in Athens' first ring so I'm building a worker there to disband it.

- 10 - Not much.

------------------

Things to be on the lookout for.

* The lands are getting filled. That means we'll soon be declared war upon. We are hopelessly weak in defense. And offense now; with only 5 horsemen left.

* Flip risk is not that big.

* North cities are hopelessly corrupt. Perhaps some tacticul cashrushes will do it.

* ToG in 3. University in Wash in 1, Set it to Newton's prebuild.

* FP in 2 in Seattle.

* Gems for silks will expire in the IBT.

* I didn't MM cities and some units have movement left.

* We are currently researching in 4 turns. We might consider gifting sci civs into the next age with us; to help us race to Paratroopers. Team decision.

Good luck Darkness !!