Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 04-01-2008, 21:41   #11
BCLG100
Deity

barak obama reminds me a bit of president palmer from 24 so for that reason alone i'd vote for him

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 21:44   #12
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Indeed I think Palmer was actually "borrowed" from Obama both in appearance and character.

I've got Edwards but that's irrelevant.
Old 04-01-2008, 21:56   #13
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Btw, in Canada, it's the party's members that vote for their presidential candidate. Do you know why it's an open poll in the US?
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 22:14   #14
mauer
King

Because that's the way the states have it set up. As an American, it is my constitutional right to vote in any election.....except the Presidential Primaries. The states have the right to select anyone they want, it just turns out that the states operate in open polls. When it comes to the Republican and Democratic conventions, they can really choose whoever they want.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 22:19   #15
barbu1977
Emperor

Then, if you want a repuplican to be elected to the white house, should you not vote in the democrat primaries for the worst democrat candidate in order to see him loose againt any republican candidate?

Old 04-01-2008, 22:23   #16
Beorn
Disabled Vet

I just didn't get what you said at all, mauer. You have the right to vote but you don't, so the states work this way unless they don't, which they do. And then it's the parties that decide what happens anyways. That's what I got, and I'm pretty darn sure it's fucked up.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 22:55   #17
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by barbu1977

Then, if you want a repuplican to be elected to the white house, should you not vote in the democrat primaries for the worst democrat candidate in order to see him loose againt any republican candidate?
My thought exactly. I already knew the US presidential election system sucked, and this just adds to it.
Old 04-01-2008, 23:13   #18
mauer
King

Actually, I'd rather try and and get the candidate of my choice in the race.

@Beorn- Not sure where I messed up. Let me try again.

The states are the ones that pick the presidential nominee from each party (Dem and Rep). They can come up with there choice in any way they choose (ie..state legislators vote, eeny meeny miney mo...etc, etc.) However, the current way they do this is by open poll run offs.

Even still though, once the party's convention is held, they can still pick whoever they want. I've never heard of them picking anyone except clear primary front runner.

Which is why I said earlier that I have no constitutional right to vote in the primary elections. It's just granted by the states at this point in time. It is however my right to vote in THE presidential election in November....barring I'm not a felon or what not. Which I'm not...yet
Old 04-01-2008, 23:37   #19
Sir Eric
Warlord

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MatrixHere's my result:
I got the same result as well.

I think a lot of the questions were very ambiguous. Take #4. The new president should promise only to invade Iran with explicit permission of the congress. I don't think the US should go ahead and invade another country just cause they want to. But the answers don't allow you to express your own opinion if it doesn't agree with theirs.
Old 04-01-2008, 23:38   #20
mauer
King

That's cause it was created by them crazy Europeans. They can mess up a mud puddle you know.