Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > KingReno's Forum
Home

Old 15-03-2004, 09:53   #11
Skyfish

What's that crap about a Peace treaty until Industrial Age ?????
Old 13-04-2004, 00:09   #12
Kingreno

@ Skyfish: It means we have peace till one of us reaches the Industrial age. In our case, till 700 ad.

Ok, the Greeks are gone, so are the Vikings. Erikk has cleaned his continent, I have cleaned mine.

8.42KB

I have dominated Technologicly. I have sold every second tech I had a monopoly on to the Ducth for 100gpt each, netting me an average of 200 gpt from them (and portugal a bit). I lead Erikk by Physics, Banking and Magnetism. He may or may not have democracy/Nav/Economics/MT (I have not used techcalc since I prefer not to).
This turn (700ad) our brave scientists discovered ToG! Catapulting teh Iroquois in to the industrial age, and more important, to an age where the old treaty is buried!
We landed!

50.66KB

His stack of cav: 7 cav and 4 ancient cav, all vets. The rest are loose enkidu's.
My stack. one army of muskets, 15 cav, 3 elite knights, 1 musket, 1 pike and one explorer.

42.53KB

My stack: 9 cav, 2 muskets and a sword named "dave".

37.89KB

My ministack, sent out era's ago towards a greek island, 2 knights and a pike.

52.58KB

And finaly, the 4th landing, an elite Mounted warrior, a vet knight and an army of knights. This will kick ass in this corrupted part of erikks empire, where defences are minimal.
Can't wait to get the turn back, though I do not expect this to be enough for victory. If he does not surrender, I will still outproduce him. I have steam in Eight turns, and the workforce for RR. After that it is Toe and well...lets just see.

Old 13-04-2004, 00:32   #13
anarres
anarchist butcher

Wow, looks like your worst case scenario is ERIKK being crippled. []
Old 14-04-2004, 09:28   #14
Kingreno

The turn is in! Erikk learned something today! Cavs cannot retreat when they attack an army of Musketmen.

On email, Erikk told me he spend 17 cav on my biggest stack, only to be enraged seeing the army at one point redlining to ONE HP! The rest of the stack was big enough to protect the very wounded army, losing only 5 cav and the knights. The Southwestern stack near Kua was completely left alone. The tiny stack near his Capitol lost its elite knight, the pike and the vet knight survived. The northern stack, with the amry of knights was completely left alone.

I will go by the stacks one by one, preturn and postturn:

45.03KB

This stack is the one that recieved the biggest hits. Only 4 Cav are full health. Erikk's musket holds his wounded cav, about 9. I could attack that but it would leave me without a way back after that. I decide to attack Alleppo, Eretria and try to kill the single Elite (4hp) cav in his stack. I succeed losing anothe rtwo cav, gaining 2 workers and Razing Aleppo (6) and Eretria (1). I retreated 8 cav and the musketarmy to my ships, to let them fight another day!
The explorer, yes there was one of those too, set out to pillage the iron, and take a look at his core

86.28KBhis core.

As can be seen, three heroic cavs were not able to reach the ships in time, they will probably die. I also have a dozen frigates on the way, these will bombard his roads.
The second stack:

43.5KB

Unharmed! After the attack;

29.63KB

I razed both cities giving me 6 workers! The bad thing was, that I also lost 4 cavalry on Enkidu's. The Cav in the open will probably not live another day, but their sacrifice was well worth it.

The 3rd stack, only postturn, nothing fancy:

30.79KB

The frigate bombards the cav to 2 hp, the Pikeman pillages, the knights attacks and defeats an Enkidu on a hill.

And, stack 4!!:

47.06KB

Kutallu AND Birka are EMPTY!!!

65.35KB

I raze both (5 & 6) using a Mounted warrior and a knight, netting me 4 workers. The army takes on Trondheim (9), defended by a single enkidu. I lose no HP and raze the city. 4 workers to be shipped home!

In total, I razed 7 cities, took 16 workers and got the best troops on a transport home for some R&R. I estimate I will need 4 turns to begin a second invasion. In all fairness, things look not so well for Erikk with Steam Power in 6 turns....