Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > NHJ's Narrative Nonsense
Home

Old 30-06-2009, 18:36   #11
NHJ
Chieftain

Time for an update!

Last time, my civilization consisted of a bunch of savages in a minor village. By now, my civilization consists of a bunch of savages in both a major and a minor village! I've discovered Bronze Working, and with all the jungle up north, I went for Iron Working next.

The capitol:

No bronze there, unfortunately. However, a bit north there is! A Settler was built to grab it, two Workers were built for the common good...

...called war. After all, to the east are a bunch of people called the English:

And their city is the Christian Holy City, which I rather want.

Also, here's the land north of my second city:

Lots of jungle, plus Ivory and Sugar, and some other stuff. Also there were villages, and while maps are usually worthless, one of them provided this:

It's our good pal Monty!

Also, the X marks spots for future cities (I'm open to suggestions). The one east is basically to stop the English from grabbing that land, and to serve as a military outpost and bottleneck for them. Essentially, as soon as I have the bronze connected, and the third city built, I'll start chopwhipping those Axemen until I have a sizeable army. I imagine eight or ten or so will do. As fas as I can tell, they English do not have bronze, unless it's on one of the unexplored squares.

Also, south of the English is basically a bunch of tundra, with some resources. They have not yet built a second city.
Old 09-07-2009, 19:24   #12
NHJ
Chieftain

Quick update: I've built my third city, on the hill to the east of my capital. Copper has been connected to my capital, and my first Axemen will be rolling off the assembly lines next turn. My workers will improve the land around the third city a bit, and for the rest cut down all forests to assist the whipping.

Also, the English have sent out a Settler to build their second city, it's heading southwest from their capital.