Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 22-05-2007, 23:16   #1
English_brit

Default National Cup Season 32 Round 9

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 100000 at Toffee's Utd Arena today. TBBFC tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: Albert - Leth, Pearson, Kotler - Ndiaye, Vink, Wennstedt, Spriet, Steinmeyer - Metman, #344;íha.

C:ream started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Wallace - Nicklaus, Scott, Ward#281;ga - Siller, Mellish-Clark, Patchell, Gaize, Cavaye - Swanwick, Gunn.

The 2nd minute saw a great chance for TBBFC to take the lead after a good centering pass from the right found Chip Spriet alone with the keeper, but he chipped it to the wrong side of the post. The guests took the lead in the 19th minute, after a right-side attack resulted in Gerard Ward#281;ga scoring the 0 - 1 goal. After a fatal mistake from the away team's right side defence in the 27th minute, an alert Frans Metman bagged the ball for TBBFC, evening the score to 1 - 1. The guests almost went up by a goal in the 32nd minute when Daniel Gunn came through and shot from the right. The ball bounced harmlessly off the post, though. After 40 minutes, C:ream's Daniel Gunn made his way through the middle and nonchalantly placed the ball out of the keeper's reach, putting the visitors up 1 - 2. The referee showed C:ream's Joe-Max Patchell the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. It was 1 - 2 at the break. TBBFC held the ball, with a clear 54 percent of possession.

After 59 minutes, Frans Metman made a dash down the middle past the away team's defenders to score the 2 - 2 goal. The 76th minute saw a great chance for TBBFC to take the lead after a good centering pass from the right found Štěpán #344;íha alone with the keeper, but he chipped it to the wrong side of the post. The guests took the lead in the 87th minute, after a right-side attack resulted in Richard Swanwick scoring the 2 - 3 goal. Johannes Wennstedt pulled a real crowd pleaser as he, in the 90th minute, wove through the guest's entire central defence and put the 3 - 3 equaliser away. C:ream's Daniel Gunn left the field after 90 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Ralph Thuli. TBBFC broke through on the left in the 90th minute, with Štěpán #344;íha firing at an acute angle to give the home side a 4 - 3 lead. TBBFC, bringing their ball possession to 53 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating TBBFC player was without a doubt Štěpán #344;íha. Ian Ndiaye on the other hand, had a terrible day. Andy Mellish-Clark performed admirably for C:ream. However, Tim Nicklaus made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 4 - 3.

Unbelievable game. I stopped watching when I went 3-2 down in the 88th minute only to come back later to check the stats and see I'd won. lmao

Dunno how I managed it. I looked at the other results in the Cup so far and worked out that I'm the second lowest ranked team in the last 32 and as Apollo went out today I'll be playing Tarsier United, the second highest ranked team left in the Cup in the next round. They're 3rd in Div II (3).

I should have my best inner back for that game, although I did MOS my last game so my team spirit is only on composed. Not sure how I'll do in that match. We'll see .....

Really happy to have made it to the last 32 now.

English_brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 23:22   #2
BCLG100
Deity

Nice one!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 04:11   #3
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Old 23-05-2007, 05:50   #4
sz_matyas

I am certainly impressed
Old 23-05-2007, 09:27   #5
Kemal

Impressive indeed, well done!
Old 23-05-2007, 09:44   #6
Aggie
Emperor

Fantastic result!!!
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2007, 09:58   #7
Kingreno

amazing!!!
Old 23-05-2007, 13:02   #8
English_brit

Thanks.
Old 24-05-2007, 00:36   #9
socralynnek

Really impressing!

If I look at your opponents ratings in the last cup match, it seems, that you even can win the next one...
Old 24-05-2007, 12:58   #10
English_brit

Yep, I'll have a chance against him. It just depends how much my worsened team spirit will affect my midfield rating, but if he get's excellent in midfield again I think I can do it.