Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 20-08-2003, 00:32   #1
Samildanach

Default I can taste your blood already! (PBEM)

....or is it mine. Any forumites up for a PBEM on Emperor or Diety with GoTM rules ( other rules? ). This will be my first attempt at PBEM so any advice about newbie pitfalls that might screw up games would be welcome.
Samildanach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2003, 06:55   #2
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Play Jack Merchant...everyone seems to be beating him up!
Ehecatl Atzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2003, 08:01   #3
Skyfish

Now EA that only puts a lot of pressure on you to see if YOU can beat him (Jack) ay ?
Old 20-08-2003, 10:00   #4
Aggie
Emperor

Samildanach: Welcome at CDZ! My plate is full, but I'm sure other want to play
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2003, 13:47   #5
anarres
anarchist butcher

We should really write a beginners guide to PBEM, to document the quirks like turn order and auto-move.

Hmm, check this thread Samildanach, it's got some quirky stuff in it.

I have a few games finishing, I would be glad to take you on. It is probably best to get 2 or 3 on the go at once if you can.

My MSM is civ3_AT_danwilliamson.net (spam filter....), come online of you can to discuss terms. I've not got ICQ going yet...
Old 20-08-2003, 16:36   #6
Samildanach

Thanks guys- its good to be here. Anarres I don't have an ICQ myself, MSM-microsoft instant messenger? I don't have it either but I guess I should download it as people have been on at me to get for quite a while. As for terms I think that MAs should be a no-no but ROPs are allowed. What about MPPs do we allow them? They amount to the same thing as MAs but come later in the game- I haven't thought it through enough to decide if they are unbalancing or not. Since you are the PBEM vet I'll leave it up to you decide on what other features should or should not be included in order to have a fun game as I really don't know what will fly and whats a lead balloon.
As far as kicking Jacks ass-well I would be delighted to. But I read in CFC OT that he is around 6 foot 6 -I doubt if my short wee legs can reach that high. I may just have to bite him on the buttocks- a moe frightening prospect for both of us.
Old 20-08-2003, 16:43   #7
anarres
anarchist butcher

Hmm, what timezone are you? I am GMT.

I suggset 'Deity light' = Deity but with 2 settlers for the humans. Pangeas tend to be a good place to start, tactics get messy on islands/continents, and it is harder to balance the maps.

No MA's will be OK, I prefer MPP's, they are mostly defensive in nature.

As to Civs, I think we should either both be industrious or not, unless you want me to be industrious and you not.
Old 20-08-2003, 17:34   #8
Samildanach

I'm GMT as well. Yes panagaea sounds good. Industrious? will I need walls that quickly I'm going to check out the spoilers for other games then I'll get back to you on civ characteristics-do we only have one worker on diety light? If so I'll probably go industrious as one of them.
Old 20-08-2003, 20:45   #9
Samildanach

Ok I'll go with the egyptians if that's all right. Hope you like War chariots . I'll be sacrificing chickens to the map maker Gods to bless our land with very little jungle.
Old 20-08-2003, 21:02   #10
jack merchant

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Samildanach

As far as kicking Jacks ass-well I would be delighted to. But I read in CFC OT that he is around 6 foot 6 -I doubt if my short wee legs can reach that high. I may just have to bite him on the buttocks- a moe frightening prospect for both of us.

I'd be delighted to play you samildanach, but I suspect I need one or two of my current games to finish first. Maybe in two-three weeks ? You'll be allowed to metaphorically kick me wherever you want then .