Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > CFC - RU PBEM forum
Home

Old 02-02-2006, 16:05   #321
Tubby Rower

I just read what I wrote. I started Metallurgy not Chemsistry. You finish Physics and I'll finish Metallurgy. We can decide what to do after that. I'd be surprised if MAhler can get cavs before we get a better unit. So what do you say about skipping MT?

Do you think that I should raze Tsingtao if I get it? Or should I keep it. Once we get it, Mahler is free to let the Celts attempt to get it. If we leave it Chinese for the moment, we could force it to be fairly non-productive since the Chinese have little to no resources.
Old 02-02-2006, 16:51   #322
Whomp
King

I would raze Tsing Tao and if you don't I will. There's no need for that city plus there'd be WW if the Celts take it back. We need the roads but not cities that can be attacked. BTW I have 1 settler on their continent and two on their way next turn.

What should we do about the Greeks? I think we need to start pecking at them. Should I start loading some boats from NY and heading south?

IMO the Chinese are through and the Celts are reeling. RegentMan will likely be taking Lugdunum this turn with his immortal hordes and can continue to pressure the Celts core. My only concern there is his defense. He will have to maintain high ground but that city will at least keep its walls.

One more thing....I have excess workers. Do you guys need any help?
Old 03-02-2006, 13:50   #323
Tubby Rower

You don't get WW in Monarchy so them re-taking cities isn't a big deal. But I understand what you are getting at. What VC are we going for Conquest, Domination, or Histograph

I have a samauri or two that I'm sending to the Greeks. I don't think that they'll be too much of a concern. They likely will likely have cavs if we wait too long. I might send a few sammies down there to pillage and burn a random city or two. I have two boats full and a few more that are about to be loaded up. I'll start sending my forces south. Whomp and Regent can finish the north then come help me out with the Geeks.

I could use some help on the worker front, but it's not dire. I have about 6 tiles of jungle left but my pop is working fully improved tiles. So it's not that big of a deal. You might want to take them over to the other continent to increase the pop of some of the cities over there.

Old 03-02-2006, 15:22   #324
Whomp
King

I think conquest or domination whichever comes first. We are already 70% of pop so adding workers doesn't help a lot but we are 40something% of land. I am finishing off a jungle tile and can send workers to either of you this turn. Let me know which one. I noticed a few hills could be mined for Regentman.
Old 03-02-2006, 15:45   #325
RegentMan

My worker situation is okay, save for a few tiles. After that, I'll have a lot of excess tiles. I guess I'll join them to my cities then.

I have eighteen (4/4) immortals and one (1/4) immortals outside the great wall city. Let's hope that it's an easy capture.
Old 04-02-2006, 16:26   #326
Wosret
Chieftain

How are your situation in research?

If you feel greeks arent too advanced let them for desert, and finish celts and chinese first. Then it will be like play witha scared mouse...

But as Tubby said.... if they get caravels they may want to make some noise...
Wosret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 18:37   #327
Whomp
King

Wosret they are behind since they built the Great Lib to catch up. My civ is currently turning 4 turn research so things are good on the research front and with the Celts as their strongest civ it's not likely the Greeks are a big impact. Tubby and RegentMan are at a bigger risk of a landing since they are closer.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:26   #328
killercane
Prince

It looks like this one is in the bag. What have they been doing all this time with such little development and troops?
killercane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 19:16   #329
RegentMan

That is what I'd like to know. Perhaps they'll open their forum after the game and translate everything.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:27   #330
Whomp
King

Finished physics. What next?

At Nanking...Knight 3/4 took pike, knight retreated vs. spear and knight 2/4 whacked the spear and Nanking razed and get a buchet out of the deal.

We have our first bogey!

134.23 KB

Here's the battleforce ready to roll Canton. I waited a turn so I could have this...

127.66 KB