Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 24-07-2004, 18:00   #31
Banzai

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Eldakkar

Hi all. I played the turn but it seems that my iro's are no longer agricultural. Instead they seem to be seafaring/commercial (curragh has 3 movement)
Well.. that sucks!
I wonder how you can see that a curragh has 3 movement as the civilopedia says it has 2 (even for seafearing civs!).
It is only possible to see it if you have one, which in turn one seems impossible to me.

Are you sure you are not agricultural? Remember that you only get the food bonus in your city if you settle next to fresh water (lake or river)!

Banzai!
Old 24-07-2004, 19:10   #32
Kemal

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Banzai

Well.. that sucks!
I wonder how you can see that a curragh has 3 movement as the civilopedia says it has 2 (even for seafearing civs!).
It is only possible to see it if you have one, which in turn one seems impossible to me.

Are you sure you are not agricultural? Remember that you only get the food bonus in your city if you settle next to fresh water (lake or river)!

Banzai!
Actually, it is not at all impossible to see your units movement in turn 1 because the build queue shows you the ADM rates of the units you wish to build, and this also, unlike the civilopedia, factors in any bonuses for your specific civilization, like the seafaring trait.
Old 24-07-2004, 20:01   #33
Aggie
Emperor

He is agricultural (EDIT: seafaring) and I'm feeling very stupid now. Just say what you want and I will change it. I know one thing for sure. I will NEVER make a customised multiplayer map anymore. I will always lose/make blunders.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2004, 21:05   #34
Banzai

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kemal

Actually, it is not at all impossible to see your units movement in turn 1 because the build queue shows you the ADM rates of the units you wish to build, and this also, unlike the civilopedia, factors in any bonuses for your specific civilization, like the seafaring trait.

You are absolutely right Kemal! Sorry Eldakkar!

Banzai!
Old 25-07-2004, 09:36   #35
Eldakkar

Banzai: no problem

Aggie, don't feel stupid. Shit happens. I think it's great you go through all the trouble to provide us with a fine map. If you could change my iro's back to agricultural/commercial i'd be very happy.

Eldakkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 10:02   #36
Aggie
Emperor

Here is try nr 3. Obviously I had to recreate the save.

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] nonAIPBEMtry3, 3950 BC.SAV
75.4KB
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 11:43   #37
Socrates
Emperor

Thanks Aggie. Turn 1 played and sent to anarres. I want to remind everyone that we have to replay the same moves and adjust the same settings on this turn. This to prevent people from using some knowledge from the first attempts to cheat. Thanks all.

And if we all could play as soon as we receive the save, the game would go a lot faster. I think that 2 turns per week, with vacations taken into account, is largely feasable inside this PBEM community.
Old 25-07-2004, 12:06   #38
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Thanks a lot Aggie! Since everybody has seen the sav now we can definitely move with this one.

Something like a turntracker has been mentioned before and as krys stated a post per turn sent is overdone. We could have a dedicated thread however with one post for every player thats updated once the turn is moved on.

Comments, alternatives?
Old 25-07-2004, 12:25   #39
Socrates
Emperor

I was thinking of something similar, Beam. I can open a topic in this sub-forum, where we'll each have ONE post (in the roster order of course). Each player will have to edit his post once the turn is sent. Since this forum displays the post editing as a "new" post (you know, pink thingie), everyone will be aware of the game pace. The only problem is if a there is a problem with the save (like it happened this very turn) ; but then the 2 concerned players will have to deal with it via mail, no need to alert everyone. Then, so as everything is clear, each player should edit his post once he has SUCCESSFULLY played and sent the turn.

Comments welcome, and if it's OK with you, I'll start it soon.
Old 25-07-2004, 14:04   #40
anarres
anarchist butcher

I see no reason not to just post a new one in the thread. Editing a post takes longer as well...

BTW, I just played and sent turn 1 to Beam, but I got a different result from popping a hut this time!