Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SP challenges forum
Home

Old 27-01-2004, 12:54   #101
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

I recall that fast chopping works as well, so that determines the spot for that city. Race to the tech for Shake, (pre)build it and resume exploration. Besides growth, happiness etc. Did I miss something?
Old 27-01-2004, 13:55   #102
Grille

Fast forest chopping *should* work. Fast swamp draining worked like a charm at least. This would help a lot for the 3rd island because it looks rather shitty as far as we can tell so far.

I haven't checked all the pre-requisites for Shake-tech (medicine IIRC?), but I guess we're able to dicover both railroad and Shake-tech in bc.
But where to build it?
On the one hand, AFAIK Krente has the best effective spt at the moment, but grows slowly. Me Tene probably has more spt on the long run and I'd like to suggest to put it there to maximise Shake's benefit (I set Krente to wonder production, though; maybe we change that or build another wonder there respectively).
Grille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2004, 14:07   #103
Grille

Just to make sure, a reminder: once we actually have railroad tech, we can build roads plus rr on future city center squares before plopping the city there in order to max prod.
Old 27-01-2004, 15:56   #104
Beam
c00l b33r

A handy link for those without a manual (or at work):

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ1tech.htm

Currency (in the pocket) > Trade (caravans) > Medicine (Shake)

I propose to prebuild caravans in order to finish Shake asap.
Old 27-01-2004, 16:34   #105
Grille

Old 27-01-2004, 21:59   #106
Beam
c00l b33r

1620: Settler in Me Tene > prebuild Caravan, change Krente to Marketplace. Would have liked Caravan but no Trade yet. MM Me Tene to 1 fpt and shields, needs 1 more foor in the box.

1600: Barb Legion lands near Flens, Construction > Trade. Hope the RNG works.

1580: Phalanx does a perfect job. Disband Militia in Zwiefalten in order to speed build up of Trireme.

1560: Move 1 settler to prepare for a city E of Zw. and see if mining the hill is picked up by a future city.

1540:

16.74KB

Trade > Medicine (we lost 1 turn because of the settler in Me Tene).

1520: Settler stuff

1500: Krente Marketplace > Caravan. Alpi Temple > Caravan, will go 3 to 4 next turn.

1480: Settler stuff

IT: a white Legions shows up next to Jever . Not sure about his intentions, can’t contact and rushing the Phalanx now does not make sense. The AI has respawned in our Doorstep!

1460: Medicine to the Wheel, continue to build caravans however and switch to Shake in MT later.

IT: Russian Legion takes Jever, get Maths. and captures 11 gold.

1440: Still developing at 3 turns per tech, not to happy with the Ruskies on Spammie turf.

Turn to Stapel.

We maybe must consider to get some more units on the SW island.
Old 29-01-2004, 08:25   #107
Grille

What a pity that the Russians respawned in our neighbourhood.
I think we should try to block them with diplomats and a fortress (i.e. stay in demo and get wise) until we're able to clear up the thing with Shake. If we lose the race to Shake (which is *hopefully* unlikely), we'd delay our efforts until 1AD (revolt to monarchy or communism).

If I'm not mistaken, units in fortresses (f. 2 tiles away from city) do not cause ww (or was that civ2? Damn, I should look into the pedia...). Question is if a fortress on that spot 2 tiles SW of Spamyra counts as ww-free at all (?). That place would be ideal to block them for some time and even if they sneak attacked (since the buggers now could build cats), we have at least 1 turn time to react before they approach Spamyra.
Old 29-01-2004, 11:05   #108
Stapel
Emperor

I did load Beam's save, but still control Jever, with a Russian legion next to it.....

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2004, 12:35   #109
Beam
c00l b33r

Damn, must have send the wrong sav . Stapel, I can send the right one tonight, you can continue with this one as well since it is my turn 9 app.
Old 29-01-2004, 13:18   #110
digger760
King

iirc Units fortified in the city radius does not make unhappy citizens.

I used to use catapults as defensive units. They were great for taking out a stack of enemy units in one hit.

There seems to be a lack of pics in this thread to.
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote