Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2004, 20:25   #21
Greebley

Preturn: Cities all look good. I liked Aggies point on the deals running out. Will revolt in 2 or 3 I think. I will definitely not be doing any voluntary warfare on my turns. Republic is highest priorty.

IBT: Portuguese finish Sistine.
Build settler

270 AD: Why do we want to move Bangalore? The spot its in gives less room to the AI. I would rather put a town in between. Switch Bangalore off worker for a turn so it can grow first. I want to see if I can make it non-indian.

IBT:

280 AD: Bangalore grows. I switch back to a worker at a loss of a shield and make the Indian a taxman - I want to test if I can choose which citizen to turn into a worker.

IBT: Demand of 50 gold.

290 AD: Nope the town is still indian. The other time was coincidence. I wonder how it chooses which citizen becomes the Worker then?
Well it is revolt time - We pull 7 turns - Too bad - I have to make some taxmen to afford it. (6 or less would have been affordable).

300 AD:

310 AD

320 AD:

IBT: Persians are destroyed.

330 AD:

340 AD:

IBT: See lots of spear of Byzantine on the move with our boat. Looked to be heading to Sumeria. War in their future? That would be nice.

350 AD: I will also take an extra turn for the same reason as Nad - as to not give the next player a single turn of anarchy. Trade engineering to Rome for some small gpt.

360 AD: Adjust cities for Republic.

Notes:
I did not complete diplomacy. There is a 3-fer that will almost certainly work available - but would cost us the opportunity to attack the Byzantines.
Byzantines are lacking iron. If we renegotiated peace we could pick up Theology from them for iron and some gpt (I am unsure if we can get it for pure gpt - I am guessing no). Which could be traded for Chivalry from the Incas who lack it; then 2 civs have invention which could be traded for using both theology and chivalry. I am unsure if further trade would be then available, but it is possible (for example the byzantines don't have chivalry so we could them for that.

We have plenty of Infra to build if we do want to put off war. Many towns are not yet ready for it.

Question: Do we want to put off war 20 turns and strengthen Byzantine for 3 or more techs? I feel it is worth it.

We have 124 gpt and 4 gold. Here are the known techs currently avail

India: Invention
Portugal: Theology, Invention, Chivalry
Inca: Chivalry, Invention (don't think we have the gpt to buy chivalry - not sure though)
Rome: Same as us. Broke (I took their gpt for Engineering).
Byzantines: Theology, Invention - Lacking Iron.
Sumeria: Invention.

No picture as the situation is the same.