Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 01:41   #21
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

didnt tubby already pick russia or am i reading wrong,
Sorry, it was Robboo.

As for the map, whatever you guys decide. Will we ask someone to create a well-drawn map ? []
Old 03-10-2006, 08:44   #22
socralynnek

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

To ensure a fair pace, I propose we set up the game so that each player gets to play both leaders one after the other (some kind of double turn), anyone disagreeing with this simple idea ?
Pros: Is probably much faster.

Cons: Makes defending much harder.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:54   #23
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

Cons: Makes defending much harder.
Sure, and therefore makes attacking much easier. Still, that leads to one interesting consequence : one should try to run both his empires as a whole, so as to protect #1 under attack with help from #2. Maybe we should have our 2 civs not very far from each other then ? Come to think of it, if we do that, that means that using your 2 civs to attack someone is even easier...
Old 03-10-2006, 13:24   #24
Tubby Rower

Here is the latest line up

Tubby -> Russia
Robboo ->
BCLG -> Khans
krys -> Frenchies
Socra -> Chinese
Darkness -> Germany
barbu -> England (chosen by asking a workmate "Pick 1, 2, or 3" he picked 3.. so England it is)

that leaves America, India and <s>England</s>.

I am a bit tired of pangaea maps. Every massive MP has a pangeae. Since there won't be any tech trading, why not 8 islands with each player soley controling an island. I'll PM Sirian once we decide on a map style. I would also like barbs raging. Free experiece and the lucky people would get barb cities too (or they could be unlucky )

Other Rules to Discuss:
- city gifting is ok between civs? (I'm inclined to say as long as there is no wonder in it.)
- no diplo whatsoever (ie: "let's gang up on Tubby") except for severe taunting in the open thread once that opens up.

EDIT:: added barbu and his civ was chosen at relatively random out of the 3 remaining.
Old 03-10-2006, 13:30   #25
barbu1977
Emperor

I'm willing to join this one. Any civ is fine.
Old 03-10-2006, 15:59   #26
BCLG100
Deity

Id say yes to gifting cities-leads to different ways the game can be played. But no to gifting cities just for the sake of using a wonder for a turn then gifting it back.

We should set it as always war.

If we're going with Islands-how about 4 islands with 2 different players on each island?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 16:20   #27
Tubby Rower

hmm.. do you really want 4 islands Simon?? I mean the guy paired with me will have a sizeable advantage over the rest of you lot.
Old 03-10-2006, 18:11   #28
BCLG100
Deity

just 8 islands will make for some highly defensive warfare whereas 4 islands could lead to an attacking fun

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 19:03   #29
Socrates
Emperor

One more fool and we're off !!

OK, some thoughts :
- I reiterate my interest in a pelago map (Swimming Pool Starts Again ? ). I think we could have main islands as starting places, and many small or tiny islands everywhere, for resources, choke points, etc... Could be fun with many ships all over the place. In the case of a pelago map, we could have 8 islands, one for each couple ; or 8 islands, each one of them harbouring 2 leaders from different players (hehe) ; or 4 islands ; or 16 islands. There are a few possibilities there. The mapmaker (our God, remember) could also decide to keep it as a surprise, after we tell him a general idea (ie. pelago map).
- Barbs : dunno. Maybe this will lead to unfair advantages. But I don't have much experience with the game, so I'm fine with barbs, raging or normal or with none.
- City gifting : I'd prefer to forbid any kind of those tricks (city gifting, unit gifting)... Too much trickey IMHO.
- No diplo : sounds good, since we are at Always War. Otherwise forget Always War, but I like it myself. That'd mean absolutely no talking to any foreign party during the whole game (except for making fun of someone in the general thread ).

Just realised that Always War means no tech trading between players. Makes the game more straightforward, since all your research will come from your 2 leaders, and you'll have to make sure both get their part of the tech tree done (or it seems you can research the same tech and it adds up every turn : anyone can confirm ?).
Old 03-10-2006, 19:24   #30
Tubby Rower

yes... if you are in a permanent alliance (which this will be) you can combine research to get one tech quicker or go two seperate paths.

I'm fine with a peligo and letting the Almighty decide on how many islands, size, and resources. As long as he deems it as fair and no spots are significantly better than the others. I'm fine with no city gifting. Any barb setting is fine with me as well