Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 09-05-2004, 20:25   #21
Greebley

Preturn: Cities all look good. I liked Aggies point on the deals running out. Will revolt in 2 or 3 I think. I will definitely not be doing any voluntary warfare on my turns. Republic is highest priorty.

IBT: Portuguese finish Sistine.
Build settler

270 AD: Why do we want to move Bangalore? The spot its in gives less room to the AI. I would rather put a town in between. Switch Bangalore off worker for a turn so it can grow first. I want to see if I can make it non-indian.

IBT:

280 AD: Bangalore grows. I switch back to a worker at a loss of a shield and make the Indian a taxman - I want to test if I can choose which citizen to turn into a worker.

IBT: Demand of 50 gold.

290 AD: Nope the town is still indian. The other time was coincidence. I wonder how it chooses which citizen becomes the Worker then?
Well it is revolt time - We pull 7 turns - Too bad - I have to make some taxmen to afford it. (6 or less would have been affordable).

300 AD:

310 AD

320 AD:

IBT: Persians are destroyed.

330 AD:

340 AD:

IBT: See lots of spear of Byzantine on the move with our boat. Looked to be heading to Sumeria. War in their future? That would be nice.

350 AD: I will also take an extra turn for the same reason as Nad - as to not give the next player a single turn of anarchy. Trade engineering to Rome for some small gpt.

360 AD: Adjust cities for Republic.

Notes:
I did not complete diplomacy. There is a 3-fer that will almost certainly work available - but would cost us the opportunity to attack the Byzantines.
Byzantines are lacking iron. If we renegotiated peace we could pick up Theology from them for iron and some gpt (I am unsure if we can get it for pure gpt - I am guessing no). Which could be traded for Chivalry from the Incas who lack it; then 2 civs have invention which could be traded for using both theology and chivalry. I am unsure if further trade would be then available, but it is possible (for example the byzantines don't have chivalry so we could them for that.

We have plenty of Infra to build if we do want to put off war. Many towns are not yet ready for it.

Question: Do we want to put off war 20 turns and strengthen Byzantine for 3 or more techs? I feel it is worth it.

We have 124 gpt and 4 gold. Here are the known techs currently avail

India: Invention
Portugal: Theology, Invention, Chivalry
Inca: Chivalry, Invention (don't think we have the gpt to buy chivalry - not sure though)
Rome: Same as us. Broke (I took their gpt for Engineering).
Byzantines: Theology, Invention - Lacking Iron.
Sumeria: Invention.

No picture as the situation is the same.
Old 09-05-2004, 20:27   #22
Greebley

Still uploading: it is taking forever.

Download Attachment: [img]/forum/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] 20045920453_AG8Sid360AD.zip
Old 09-05-2004, 20:37   #23
Aggie
Emperor

We are not the first to go And also won't be the 2nd. It's great that the puny tribe of India has a tech over us. I assume that the Inca still don't know Sumeria, so a gpt deal should be possible. Only issue is that at Sid high prices are asked for techs...

anarres is up, I'm on deck.... I can't wait to have a look at the game!
The download doesn't work...
Old 09-05-2004, 21:04   #24
Greebley

The download is hanging. I tried a second time.

[Edit: The Incas do not know Sumeria yet; We can't buy Chivalry though with our 124 gpt. We need to use the Iron I think to afford anything. We can trade the iron with India too, but that seems a very poor idea.

[edit2: It does mean that Theology is more likely to buy chivalry straight up from the Inca; we buy at 3rd and sell at 3rd instead of 4th]
Old 09-05-2004, 21:23   #25
Aggie
Emperor

I am inclined to go for the deal, without having seen the save. We could use the 20 turns to build ourselves a nice knight army.
Old 09-05-2004, 22:15   #26
Greebley

Well the downloads are all timing out. Annares, should I email it to you? I don't think I have your email addy.

(I will check PM too)
Old 09-05-2004, 22:21   #27
anarres
anarchist butcher

anarres AT civ3duelzone dot com

The upload can be very annoying sometimes, although often it is very quick.
Old 09-05-2004, 22:25   #28
Aggie
Emperor

I like the save as well agelingw AT xs4all dot nl
Old 10-05-2004, 00:45   #29
Greebley

I argee on going for the deals. Printing press is very close so its the last trade where we have a communication advantage, and the tech line up is very much in our favor.

Annares, Are you after me? I seem to recall so, but am not at all sure. I send you and aggie the save so hopefully you both got it.

----------------
Aside: The only reason not to make the deals is because we are going to play extremely agressively. For that case I would abandon building anything other than military needs and start attacking Byzantines almost immediately. I am less sure of a win if we do it that way, but I suspect either way could lead to a win. I am more comfortable with the build up of our resources before we attack.

Old 10-05-2004, 06:39   #30
Aggie
Emperor

Greebley, could you send me the save?

EDIT: Greebley, you probably didn't send it to the correct address. Anarres is indeed after you.

EDIT2: I see! You sent it to my old mail address