Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 25-04-2004, 06:48   #1
Aggie
Emperor

Default Aggie - Kryszcztov *spoiler*

player 1 - Aggie : England
player 2 - kryszcztov : Carthage
AI rivals : 6 (all other seafearing civs + Greece)
difficulty : Demi-God

Look at this strange map:

This may be a VERY small island (just like at how the river flows from one sea to another). Mapmaking will be vital!

I placed London at the spot, to grab both gold and furs.

Old 25-04-2004, 10:07   #2
anarres
anarchist butcher

My personal opinion about maps like this is that you should have a relatively tight build and put another city or two on that island.
Old 25-04-2004, 10:19   #3
Aggie
Emperor

I was thinking the same. One on the gold hill and one on the furs. But this can change after my two or three curraghs. It would be nice to get the Colossus and the Lighthouse... But Krys may think the same about that.
Old 25-04-2004, 10:52   #4
anarres
anarchist butcher

If you build a city N-NE from the capital it can also use the tiles on that next island. Obviously curraghs can change that info, but atm that is where I would favour.
Old 27-04-2004, 21:36   #5
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 15:

This is indeed a similar map to that of anarres and Killer. I like it already I have built two curraghs so far and I just met the first civ. Korea lacks Pottry, but has Bronze Working and Warrior Code over me.

The lands I know look like this:

Old 03-05-2004, 08:02   #6
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 25: I meet India. They also lack Pottery, but have Ceremonial Burial and another 1st level tech over me. But I wait with the deal, because my second curragh sees Spanish borders.

Turn 26: I meet Spain. The clears the way for making deals:

-Warrior Code and Ceremonial Burial for Pottery and 102 gold from Spain
-The Wheel from Korea for Pottery, Ceremonial Burial, 2 gpt and 10 gold from Korea
-Bronze Working and 10 gold for Warrior Code from India
-111 gold for The Wheel from Spain.

so I got 4 techs and 9 gold for 2 gpt and Pottery

Turn 27: Spain now got the knowledge of Masonry, but a trade is not possible yet. I finished the Granary and started the first settler.

Turn 31: I meet Krys's curragh! I have no tech he doesn't have!

Turn 49: Korea wants 32 gold and I say no. So now we're at war. I can lower the lux tax to 10% Ideal to have war hapiness just before discovering Writing.

Turn 51: I discover Writing at first and get Iron Working and Masonry plus 63 gold from Spain. India gives me Mystisicm and 29 gold for Iron Working. Krys probably still can sell Writing around...

Krys tells me that his Lighthouse gambit failed, because the AI finished the Colossus, the Pyramids and the Oracle. So he can't switch to another wonder. I figure that the AI didn't find anything else to do so decided to go for wonders instead
I'm 10 turns from Philosophy and my free tech will be Map Making (when I am really the first to get it). I hope to get a prebuild myself with the MoM...

No pics, because I don't seem to be able to upload here or at CFC...

Old 03-05-2004, 09:50   #7
Aggie
Emperor

My empire:

I misplaced York and I probably will resettle it at the place that anarres suggested (on the forest/plain tile). But first I have to get Philo...
Old 09-05-2004, 06:59   #8
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 57: I make peace with Korea, because they have Mathematics to offer. Peace, Writing and 85 gold for Mathematics it is. After this I trade Mathematics to Spain for Horseback Riding and 12 gold.
For the first time I can see that Krys lacks techs: Math and HBR...

Turn 61: I have Philo at first and choose Map Making as my free tech. I have been sending curraghs back home and will now build settlers and harbors. But also the Lighthouse...

Turn 62: Spain demands Philo, doesn't get it and I'm at war...

Turn 80: I discover Literature and I'm the first. Except for me now also Spain knows Map Making. But somehow Krys didn't buy it from them . I have the Lighthouse in 6 turns, but getting it is seriously slowing down my growth. I probably should have made it into a settler factory

Turn 82: Korea again demands tribute...tough luck. That's the 2nd tribe I'm at war with.

Turn 83: I finally know why Krys didn't buy from Spain. I created an embassy for 130 gold and see that he's at war with Spain, Scandinavia and Korea.

Turn 85: I'm an idiot an built the Lighthouse. Now I'm in the Golden Age

Turn 87: Being in the GA and being the only one knowing Literature I might just as well start The Great Library...

Turn 93: I take a gamble and tell the Spanish to beat it when they demand Literature. I'm again at war and not entirely prepared, because I combined the TGL run with a settler push. Luckily I have a number of galleys and sea domination.

Turn 96: India declared on me as well (out of the blue), but doesn't have Map Making. Spain is worrying, with a galley close to my core.

Turn 97: Spain lands a spear and a warrior next to a new town All I can do is kill the galley, fortify my warrior and hope for the best...

On the bright side: I'm 13 turns from the Library and no other has Literature or a wonderbuild going...

248.98KB
Old 09-05-2004, 14:00   #9
anarres
anarchist butcher

hehe. Strangely familiar.
Old 18-05-2004, 22:09   #10
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 98: The two Spanish units lost vs my warrior

I discover CoL and now research is on Republic. I'm the first with CoL AFAIK.

Turn 102: Spain wants to talk again. They have two galleys close by, but no units on my lands. I will let them land and profit a bit more from the war hapiness. I'm 6 turns from a certain Great Library.

Turn 103: Two swords, a spear and a warrior are now next to Liverpool, which is defended by an archer and two warriors. I make peace for 80 gold and see that now the Vikings are at war with me! Guess that means that the war hapiness remains...

Turn 105: The GA ends... Krys is now bigger than me. It's good to see that I'm almost level, despite my wonder orientation.

Turn 109:

I finish the Great Library . Next up is a settler. Finished in 2 turns. I have to expand like crazy now.

Turn 110: I get currency from the Great Library. I sell it to Egypt for 6 gpt, 60 gold and spices I'm 12 turns into the research of Republic on min science and no other has Code of Laws yet. I have also established embassies in 5 countries. Not yet in India and Scandinavia, with whom I'm at war.