Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 07-08-2007, 08:52   #41
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by romeothemonk

I have weighed in on this one before, and I will do it again. Football waste's soccer, hands down. Anybody that says that soccer is harder has never done squats till they puke. Or had a broken finger reset by a guy with a roll of tape just so you can go hit a 295 lb guy again as hard as you can. They lack the thrill of victory in knowing that when the chips were down, they outmuscled, outfought and just wanted to win more than the guy across the way.
Soccer players think they are special cause they can run around the opposition. Football players know they are special cause they run through the opposition.
Plus as a football player, I did more running than I ever did as a soccer player. Our fastest 4 guys in the 40 on my little podunk college team were faster than the fastest 4 soccer players in the half of the state.
Soccer is fun, but it totally pales in comparison to football.
It's not a matter of which sport is harder. If it were, then I'd be saying that rugby wastes football...

IMHO football vs. soccer is just a matter of which you like better. I happen to like both. Most Americans prefer football. Most of the rest of the world prefers soccer. So what? Stick with what you like and play/watch happily.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:26   #42
mauer
King

Ball kickers.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 00:37   #43
Mistfit
King

Sign me up... PM sent
Old 08-08-2007, 03:33   #44
Whomp
King

Massive Whompus is signed up.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:24   #45
Darkness

OK, 8 teams are in. so we are now full.

Remaining issues:

Rules
Does anyone have any comments/suggestions about them?

Draft order
We can do this two ways: 1. Let yahoo create a draft order shortly before the draft. 2. I can create a random draft order (8 pieces of paper in a bowl).

Draft time
Apparently yahoo resticts draft time starts to the time period between noon and eleven in the evening, based on the timezone the commissioner is in. Since I am commissioner, it is based on CET (which is 6 hours ahead of EST). I've set it at the latest possible time (11 pm), but that's only 5 pm in EST, which makes it less than ideal for you US guys (all of you except me). Any thoughts on how to change this to perhaps 2-3 hours later? Is it perhaps possible for the commissioner to pause the draft once it commences?
Old 08-08-2007, 13:17   #46
Robboo
King

you cant pause it..I plan on setting my order and letting it pick. so no worries from me if I cant make it.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 14:01   #47
grahamiam
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robboo
[brI plan on setting my order and letting it pick. so no worries from me if I cant make it.
ditto, doesn't bother me at all that I won't be there (I probably couldn't be there anyways as I'm sure my kids will have me busy)
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 15:15   #48
Mistfit
King

Well no Mistfitzian team in this one seeing that you guys are full.

It is a shame as I already had a helmet made up for my team []

Old 08-08-2007, 16:20   #49
sz_matyas

Fortunately Yahoo does a decent job of ranking players, and there isn't the position interdependence of baseball in your stats (i.e. RBs aren't going to have many passing TDs etc.) so I don't have a problem with auto-drafting.
Old 14-08-2007, 11:12   #50
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

Rules
Does anyone have any comments/suggestions about them?
Considering I have not seen any comments about the rules, I assume everyone's OK with those?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

Draft order
We can do this two ways: 1. Let yahoo create a draft order shortly before the draft. 2. I can create a random draft order (8 pieces of paper in a bowl).
No-one has any preference regarding the setting of the draft order?