Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 06-04-2004, 15:56   #11
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by anarres
Hmm. 8 civs on maximum agression on a small map is just too agressive for me! I like hard games, but I also like to build an ampire before the AI come and eat me up. How about either 6 AI's max agression on a standard size map, OR 4 AI's max agression on a small map? Since this is gonna be painful I want the Iroquois.
OK, then small map, Pangea (I'm talking real Pangea), total 6 civilizations, 4 AIs (random), no barbarians, deity, maximal aggression, normal settings for everything, victory types all normal (conquest, domination, space, UN, cultural) except wonder, no respawn, no culturally linked start, preserve seed, no kings/queens/VP and other weird things like elimination. It would be a brutal game but I still would try to make it with Japan. Just need some iron somewhere. Can we put this in the map request? You get (or don't get) horses hearby and I get (don't get) iron in the vicinity. Otherwise, if you get horses and I don't get iron or the opposite, it might be really unfair. Or we both don't get what we need. And both should have similar good or bad starting locations. If I'm asking too much, just let me know.

Edited: Not sure how you deal with exploits here. I'm pretty much used to GOTM or RBC rules but would accept anything you suggest (except gold mine and mobilization exploits). Just have to settle that to make the things clear.
Old 06-04-2004, 16:17   #12
anarres
anarchist butcher

akots - the balance issues you mention are exactly what our map makers are for.

I made a map request - see if you agree with it: http://www.civ3duelzone.com/forum/to...?TOPIC_ID=1690

IIRC we just changed the map making procedure for 1.22 (now the load bug is fixed), so we PM the map maker and they enter it in the game for us. I am sure a map maker will let us know in the thread I linked above.
Old 06-04-2004, 17:45   #13
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I'm still inclined to discuss the rules a bit. (Edited a previous post but not sure you have noticed it).
Old 06-04-2004, 17:57   #14
anarres
anarchist butcher

Ahh yes, the rules! I keep on meaning to draw up a "standard" set of rules that I can use for all my games.

FWIW "mobilisation exploits" no longer exist, since now ALL production is switched to military.

I will grab the ISDG list tonight and use that to draw up a set of rules. That is almost totally exaustive, so it should be good to use.
Old 06-04-2004, 20:30   #15
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Yes! That would be really nice of you! But don't you have some standard ladder rules?

I do also assume that in case of doubt, administrator (map designer, appointed ladder judge) can solve the conflict. (?) Do you keep turn logs and 10-turn increment saves or saves for some particular points of the game? In most cases with known honest players this is apparently redundant though.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:04   #16
anarres
anarchist butcher

No standard rules as such, apart from the "out of game" cheats like reloading and loading in SP mode (now fixed in 1.22).

I will try to night to get it done, last night was too hectic for civ...

Apart from restarts for balance issues (which we haven't had for a while), IIRC we have never had a dispute that couldn't be solved with the players. However, the map makers can judge for us if required.

FWIW I keep all my saves (160Gb hard drive ), but you can delete them if you wish. On rare occasions we come across a trade bug that requires going back a few turns, but if I have the saves that would be enough to go back. (IIRC we have had this in maybe 5% of games).
Old 08-04-2004, 00:57   #17
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Good idea to keep all the saves. Since maps are never huge or even large, this would not take up lots of space. Hope my 60Gb 3-year-old HDD can handle that. I'm also more or less familiar with ISDG rules and they cover everything reasonable IMO. Though some exploits they leave unnoticed and are just not willing to include them or find it redundant because there is no AI in ISDG.
Old 17-04-2004, 20:28   #18
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M

I'm game, but not before middle of April (away until then).
Is it a good time now?

I'm still looking for the games.
Old 14-07-2004, 22:52   #19
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Hey, hey, anybody out there looking for a bloody brain-smashing game?

I'd like to play a more or less random (map maker-balanced) tiny pangea map with another human opponent only (no AI). All other things are negotiable. Any difficulty is OK, even chieftain.
Old 14-07-2004, 23:16   #20
OPD

I'd like a game, tiny pangea sounds good.
OPD is offline   Reply With Quote