Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 04-06-2006, 20:20   #521
Tubby Rower

was that a league game or a friendly? either way sucks.
Old 04-06-2006, 22:09   #522
BCLG100
Deity

cant be that arne because i clicked on send orders and then it went back to the matches screen.

It was a league game

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:34   #523
Tubby Rower

currently I have wonderful confidence. If I manage to win these next two games, I expect to win the next 3 after them. So that's another 5 wins at least. I'm concerned that my confidence will be too high and I'll get an over-confident event.

How do I bring my team's confidence back down if it's too high, besides losing?
Old 07-06-2006, 03:25   #524
barbu1977
Emperor

Schedule tough friendlies
Old 07-06-2006, 09:52   #525
Kemal

Confidence doesn't get past wonderful, and with 1 psychologist it will even always get down to strong on the weekly update (which is the only time it updates when you're out of the cup, I believe). That still means you can get overconfidence events, but these are very rare though.

Friendlies unfortunately have no effect on team confidence, but cup ties do when (if) you're participating in the national cup.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:56   #526
socralynnek

No, friendlies don't count for confidence AFAIK.
An overconfidence event can only occur when you are playing a team at least 5 places behind you.
So, normally you could win those matches even with a overconfidence event, if you are not in a league as close as mine...

You could hire psychologists then before.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:07   #527
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Overconfidence
its a loss of midfield power right at the beginning of a match due to having very high confidence.
when on strong or wonderful confidence before a match it can happen to a team positioned 1st to 3rd in a league if the difference to the opponents position is 5 places or more (1st vs 8th, 1st vs 7th, 1st vs 6th, 2nd vs 8th, 2nd vs 7th, 3rd vs 8th).
overconfidence won't occur in cup games. it can happen when playing Normal or PIC but not at MOTS.
I'm having the opposite problem, my confidence is low. This results in low attack ratings. I wonder if it'd pay off to hire some more psychologists (more than 1). Is there anyone experienced with it?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:14   #528
Kemal

Well, as we are more or less in the same situation, I am suffering from low confidence too. With 1 psychologist, I'm usually at decent before the match, and I haven't seen that much influence of confidence in the team ratings.

Then again, it might have an influence besides the team ratings as well, but I can't tell much about that. I do think that if you are losing that badly that confidence is &lt;decent, hiring an extra psycho won't help you much in winning your matches anyway. If you believe it does, do hire as many as you think you need of course.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:52   #529
Tubby Rower

so after I play the bottom 3 <s>teams</s> bots in the league then I should be safe. And I have been scheduling tough friendlies, but as others have said it doesn't matter.
Old 08-06-2006, 00:22   #530
arne1
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

so after I play the bottom 3 <s>teams</s> bots in the league then I should be safe. And I have been scheduling tough friendlies, but as others have said it doesn't matter.
do not worry about overconfidence events they are rare. I have been at the tp of my league three seasons in a row (switch of brag mode) and only had overconfidence once. And I won this match 8-0. So if the lower placed team sucks you will win easily anyway. And I think it is safe to assume that temas taht are at the bottom of your league suck big time.