Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 05-07-2005, 16:22   #121
Dell19
King

There is no fixed rules except the keeper is usually number 1 with defenders occupying the lower numbers, midfielders in the middle and forwards slightly higher. Usually substitutes would have higher numbers but really I find it easiest to order my players by position since HT orders the players by their squad numbers.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 19:08   #122
arne1
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

Is there a numbering convention for players like there is for american football? (ie. do keepers typicall have a specific number? Do wingers have a number in a certain range?)

If so what is it. TY
Well, there is, but as dell is saying is incovenient to use although I do it in someway. But it is difficult, because my line-up is not a regular football/soccer line-up. Most teams play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 here in the Netherlands. 3-5-2 is an unlikely line-up for a normal match.
So to make short story long screw convention and do what dell is doing, it is way more convenient. If you really want to number like soccer convention, I could make something for you depending on what formation you are playing and what how you want them to play (attacking/defending/etc.)
Old 12-07-2005, 19:12   #123
arne1
King

Friday I was looking for a multifunctional player for both froward adn midfield that was also still trainable. After a while I gave up because they were just to expensive. So I decided to go fro spare forward, while one of my bids was still highest. So than I had both. Forward (2.000) and mid/forward (20.500). Since I do not need both and need to save money I decided to sell mid/forward. So I just sold this guy for 51.000. They should see I bought him Friday and so I did not train him.
I was expecting a considerable loss on my "blunder", but now I made about 20.000 euro's. I assume this is just an incredible amount of luck. What do you think?
Old 12-07-2005, 19:22   #124
socralynnek

which skills did he have?
Have you checked transfer compare for his real value?
But otherwise, I guess, you were lucky, congratulations!
Old 12-07-2005, 19:29   #125
Dell19
King

People make a living from doing that... Daytraders buy players cheaply and sell them higher to people who don't check the transfer history and just want the player too much. Skill traders buy players close to popping and sell them as soon as they pop.
Old 12-07-2005, 19:31   #126
Mistfit
King

I was just looking at buying a better Keeper and one of the Guys I was tracking was bought by the same team that was selling him I figure either he didn't feel as if he was getting enough for him or that he was trying to bump the bidding himself and got caught. One way or another he got stuck with 99K for a guy he alreay owned
Old 12-07-2005, 19:36   #127
Dell19
King

He may also have made a mistake and realised that he didn't want to sell.

He only has to pay the agent fees for the transfer so he will probably lose perhaps 9% of that fee.
Old 12-07-2005, 23:29   #128
arne1
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

which skills did he have?
Have you checked transfer compare for his real value?
But otherwise, I guess, you were lucky, congratulations!
I think if I remember correctly he was inadequate playmaking and scoring and had reasonable passing. he was 21. I do not think he was worth it (51.000). I hit transfer compare and I must say it made me think I was not going to get him. So I decided to go for a forward. I was allready outbid 5 or 6 times by then.) And to my surprise I got him.
I actually made a mistake, in my first post, he might have had training, but he did not paly a mathc for me. He could have played for the former owner.

Old 12-07-2005, 23:36   #129
arne1
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

People make a living from doing that... Daytraders buy players cheaply and sell them higher to people who don't check the transfer history and just want the player too much. Skill traders buy players close to popping and sell them as soon as they pop.
I know people make money doing that, I just did not think I could with investing very little time and having very little knowledge on prices.
I do not think I will try this again though
Old 16-07-2005, 22:08   #130
bed_head7

So, I signed up for a team four days ago, and was the only person on the waiting list. I remembered reading that it would probably take four days to get a team, or something along those lines, so I went back and checked today. Now, there are twenty five people on the waiting list, and no new teams were added yesterday. Does this mean that there are no open slots in my region?
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote