Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 08-10-2004, 07:10   #31
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by digger760

Desert course rough - usual spinafex grass, which is rampant and like needles. If you hit your ball into the rough dont bother. You will either prick yourself to death on the spinfex or the snakes will get you.
I know what you mean about those needles. At one point I tried to hide in the bush to photograph some eagles. Big mistake!

I have now seen a big piece of outback Australia, but next time I probably do a route similar to that of ERIKK to learn scuba-diving and spend more time under water Uluru and Kakadu and numerous other outback highlights are very beautiful, but a long long drive. That indeed was a once in a lifetime experience. That said...I'm thinking about a 4WD trip trough the outback, including the Kimberly in the NW and other Western Australia highlights. But I don't know if I have the guts to do it. Being all alone in the desert on unsealed roads...
Old 25-10-2004, 00:33   #32
Rik Meleet

Were you allowed to climb Ayers rock? I heard that since it was given back to the Aboriginals it is limited. It wasn't when I was there in 1991.
The most amazing thing about Ayers rock is the color-changes at dusk. If you are at the lookout position (where you took some pictures) you see it turning from orange to yellow, green, blue and purple to black. Really beautiful. Were you there at dusk?
Old 25-10-2004, 05:56   #33
Aggie
Emperor

The rock is still in the hands of the white man, so the climb is still open, but discouraged (because the aborignals would grief when someone gets hurt while falling off). But it was closed due to the strong wind that day. I wouldn't have choosen to climb it anyway though.

We saw the sunsets on the Ayer's Rock and the Olgas and both were very beautiful, but frankly I think the rock is overrrated. Utah and Arizona are my favourite spots for strange rock formations, canyons and beautiful colours. Doesn't mean that is was great though. The empty lands are impressive
Old 04-02-2005, 14:28   #34
Aggie
Emperor

I decided to test if my ruleset is still a sensible one. So I updated my SG discussion thread at CFC http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...t=80059&page=5 and suggested to play two games:

-OCC Demigod. Preferred wins are conquest or space race. Culture, UN are also allowed wins (but frowned upon ).
-"All random settings" Sid spacerace. Last one ended in a stragic loss, but we did then capture the TGL to gain 45 techs. Which made me decide to ban it in the next try...

Yup, I'm weak I can't seem to get rid of the virus... You could indeed say that I'm back playing CIV.
Old 04-02-2005, 14:35   #35
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aggie

I decided to test if my ruleset is still a sensible one. So I updated my SG discussion thread at CFC http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...t=80059&page=5 and suggested to play two games:

-OCC Demigod. Preferred wins are conquest or space race. Culture, UN are also allowed wins (but frowned upon ).
-"All random settings" Sid spacerace. Last one ended in a stragic loss, but we did then capture the TGL to gain 45 techs. Which made me decide to ban it in the next try...

Yup, I'm weak I can't seem to get rid of the virus... You could indeed say that I'm back playing CIV.
Aggie ? No !!! You agreed. You said it. No Civ3 ever.

I'm interested in the OCC SG, since I've never tried it and don't want to be in time-consuming SGs. I'll get to you if you agree. Laters, I'm at work.
Old 04-02-2005, 14:40   #36
Aggie
Emperor

What can I say? My credibility has already gone since the last time I told that I would quit (december 2003) But don't blame the addict, blame CIV! I was clean for almost 6 months!

I advice you to read AG10 first then krys (first page of my SG discussion thread at CFC). It's the emperor OCCC and you'd see that the demigod will be a hell of a game. This won't be easy! I trust you to be a good team mate though, but don't underestimate it
Old 06-02-2005, 17:10   #37
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

aggie, how is the girl figuring into this? has she been dragging you back to the screen or do you use civ to get her to drag you away from it?
Old 10-03-2005, 14:12   #38
Aggie
Emperor

I don't know for how long, but my civ time will be severely restricted. This time it's not civ-fatigue, but RL taking over. The good version that is.
Old 10-03-2005, 14:20   #39
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

honeymoon alreaydy?

dum dum dum, anotherone bites the dust....
Old 10-03-2005, 14:29   #40
Aggie
Emperor

No, that topic hasn't been discussed yet. But we have agreed to see each other more often. It basically means that I can't commit to other things, like playing SG's for the first few weeks at least. I will have time available but it is very difficult to predict when. Oh well, some things are more important than computer games I guess.