Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Beorn's Wintry Cavern
Home

Old 19-05-2020, 17:04   #61
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T275, 1810AD

Golden ages are over for PP and I, though Ynnek started his

We have reached Assembly Line, upgraded infantries and are now building factories. The military power graph took a turn

A last look at the score graph while it includes Greece

No turning back now

Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 19-05-2020 at 17:08.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 08:07   #62
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Greece looks like Norway to your Sweden
Old 20-05-2020, 15:45   #63
Beorn
Disabled Vet

His entire empire's production capability is 2/3 of a cannon per turn.

Let's hope his $ upgrades have more potential.

The war of 1812 has begun.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
Old 24-05-2020, 16:10   #64
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T280, 1820AD

Ynnek's GA shows just how fearsome his income has become.

However, he's still behind scientific method, and now wastes turns on the obsolete Military Science's grenadiers and ships of the line.

PP keeps growing slowly but that won't be enough anymore, as we see Ynnek passing his score while 2-3 techs behind. He needs to act. Meanwhile, our secret services have sabotaged a security bureau where I did most of my spying, and the Ironworks (!) (That cost as much as stealing a whole tech!).

Greece won't be in trouble much longer. Athens falls in ~3 turns, 4 tops, so everything should be over by the next tenday report. We got careless and captured Mycenae rather than razing it ... worthless PoS. Operation Thermopylae is aimed at providing an opening for him to recapture, so I can re-raze right back.

However, he has spent 1 minute playing his last 2 turns. Suffice to say he has capitulated and now goes through the motions.

We've been researching slowly, using the gold from conquests and budget surpluses to upgrade infantry all over the place. Should Ynnek get any ideas, we'll have a head-start upgrading our defenses.

Our major production centers are soon to be all electrified, ironworks is built, and we wait for Greece to come back online before we trigger the next GA with a zillion towns at +1 hammers. This should coincide with the availability of tanks and the near-completion of our rail network, in about 15 turns. Which more or less schedules an invasion of Celtia in 25-30 turns, mid-June, when my vacations begin.
Old 28-05-2020, 17:59   #65
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T285, 1830AD

Old 01-06-2020, 14:18   #66
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T290, 1840AD

It's quiet.

Too quiet.

Greece coming back online and Ynnek's GA ending brought me back to #1 GNP. We have left PP in the dust, in that regard.

Everyone has assembly line but my factories are up with a power plant everywhere that counts, theirs are building. Ynnek has combustion but I have a half dozen destroyers already up. Everyone has rails but my entire empire is connected by rail end-to-end, with infantry+machinegunners defender pairs everywhere soon.

The advantage feels slim but the gap will widen just enough with industrialism, tanks and a GA's worth of producing them. Then, we march on the celts.
Old 04-06-2020, 19:48   #67
Beorn
Disabled Vet

T295, 1850AD

Parallel golden ages for us and sets us both far apart from PP in demographics, and especially our production capacity that is now triple the celts'.

A defensive pact has been signed with in-game. has received our 10-turn cancellation warning for what resource deals we had.

PP has started putting his infantry on the west coast, and cavalry as a 2nd line. Still all spread out.

Meanwhile, the victorious forces out of Greece are back and in range for their industrial refitting. The golden age will be spent on upgrades to destroyers, transports and machineguns while our factories pump out battleships, tanks and marines.

Settlers and combat engineers are ready to join in and establish airfields in the islands off the celtic coast. Battle plans to follow in the next report.
Old 05-06-2020, 18:25   #68
Matrix
Administrator

Strange choice by socralynnek. If he'd want to have any chance of winning, an alliance with ProPain would make more sense. I guess he prefers to remain 'loyal' and settles for the second price.

By the way, it looks like you're close to a domination victory already.

Last edited by Matrix; 05-06-2020 at 18:28.
Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 18:51   #69
Beorn
Disabled Vet

I agree that it's not his best shot at winning, unless you count going for a betrayal attempt while I'm overseas, but I very much mirror the "can't be arsed" attitude right back at him.

A worldwide plague does that to you.

So I went for Greece instead of claiming our continent, and then only because it felt like I needed the additional economic output to keep ahead of — which may not have been the case after all, thanks to a ludicrous lead in MFG power.

In fact, I'd have enjoyed going about my day counting the turns until we can race for space, each on their own turf, except no one's heart seems to be into it anymore. Going for PP now seems like the merciful way to conclude the game.
Old 05-06-2020, 18:56   #70
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Had to check:

With all of 's land and pop, I might get domination, barely.