Stapel
Emperor

Watch out Killer, romans nearby!

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2004, 10:07   #122
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

1. Me Tene and Spamyra are about to riot when they grow next turn (I hate it that it happenes on the same turn) Lux up is not a good option here, we'd need 20% lux AND mming Me Tene off the mined coal. But I see no better way: we need the caravans ASAP for Shakeys!
Also MM Ommen for growth at same and more shields.
2: Finally, the pathway to our Palace is paved - huge stone-slabs, but it is something at least!
The Mongols build the Great Wall - seems they didn't read their history books
Russia walks up and demands wheel - I tell them to roll off and sign peace.
Growth in Me Tene gives us the coal hill back - good! Caravans in 8 there now
3. We are losing money like crazy now - tax must go up soon, down to 23 Gold from 33 two turns before (-5 per)
and, we have now 700,000 citizens
4. temples in Me Tene and Spamyra ordered - we need them!
5. 1st Caravan reaches our wonder-town Tax up to 10% (+1 if I do my maths right) tech in 4 now
6. Inventive inventors invent invention. Pick IW --> bridgebuilding(!) so we can shorten the caravan transfer times.
7. at same setting discoveries now in 5 what can I do? No money to rush them Temples! But entertainers wouldn't hit those two cities hard! Spamyra is using a normal sea tile atm --> elvis time! Me Tene loses the fish, but it still grows and produces, so lux to 0% and we are back at tech in 4.
8.Temple in Ommen, starts barracks so it can build troops for Krente. We should get rid of the Russian soon!
9. Temple in me Tene, it uses the fish again (not irrigated grass) as it can grow one more pop and still be content. 1 turn more on the caravan ordered, but the faster growth will make up for that.

MMing decision in Krente: Shakeys it at 8, and the Caravan from Alpirsbach gets done in 2. moves to Krente in minimum 5 turns, 6 if we are unlucky about the river tile with less than a full move left. THis means it arrives in the 7th turn. Thus, it will be useless for the build. Maxing growth lets Krente go to 10 turns, but then we must use the Caravan, which will be mainly wasted, to get Shakeys in 8. I decide to leave Krente on high production slow growth. The caravan can then be used for a follow-up wonder build.

10. It seems I lost count at turn 8 . this seems to be turn 11 - sorry! We find IW and I select Bridge Building and save.

Old 31-01-2004, 12:33   #123
Grille

62.64 KB

1/1140
settler stuff
hire Elvis in Alp

2/1120
Alp caravan -> collosseum
settler stuff, caravan travels to Krente

3/1100
nuthin'

4/1080
dito

5/1060
switched Ommen from barracks to catapult; O. is undefended (Barbs...) and gunpowder is not that far away (destroys barracks). We would probably be able to complete 1 vet in O., so I decided barracks are not worth it atm
Caravan can reach Krente in next turn, but it's just 3 turns left to complete Shake -> c turns around

6/1040
tax goes to 20%, tech 5 turns, +4gpt
switch Flens from market to collosseum
Z's. caravan will head to MT

7/1020
Zw. temple -> diplomat
Beer went out in Pilsen. Local citizens dunno what to drink or what to do and make a strike!
Switch prod from market to coll there
Ommen cat -> diplo

8/1000
WTF! Another usurper! Damn. We seem to rule an empire of idiots! Never had that before AFAIK.
Electronics pic plus 8 choices... blabla communism, sure...
I tell him to stfu.

All Spammies simply freak out.
Because Krente builds...

46.82 KB

->cat

9/980
planted forest on main inland in Spamyra's radius, mm Spam

10/960
Barb sail appears near Pilsen! Dedcide to play the next turn as well, because I would not want to leave Beam in a mess again (like Russia respawning near Jever)
11/940
barb sail attacks Pilsen and turns into submarine
astronomy->navigation
research takes 4 turns, +6gpt

IT (960-940) pic, barb sail attacks:

57.87 KB

(edit: discovered bridge building at some point I forgot... continued with astro)

Save sent to Beam.

Our bigger cities need collosseums. These make 3 content and cost 4gpt. At 40% tax would give +21gpt atm @ 6turns research, so we should be easily able to pay them if they're completed.
Once navigation is in Krente can build a sail, but it needs a granary as well. Krente is food-low and doesn't have that much shields to keep a lot of units. I think we should not push too fast vs Russia. IMO we should wait for railroads, build them to connect cities and then rehome units from other cities to Krente. Then launch an assault vs Russia. Meanwhile diplomats (no ww, no shields for upkeep needed) can look for them and eventually fortifiy on food rich/shields rich tiles near their cities to cripple their production.
Further thoughts: Maybe MT or Flens could build Copernicus.We still have a caravan left, but both cities would need a collosseum first.

Grille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2004, 20:36   #124
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Shake it! Sav is received, I will play it either tomorrow or Monday.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:53   #125
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Grille, good thing you remembered barracks run out!
Old 02-02-2004, 21:02   #126
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

IT: Tours builds Great Library

920: Spamyra Temple > Dilpomat

900: Krente Cat. > Caravan

880: zzz

860: MT builds Coloss. > Caravan. Flensburg idem. Ommen Diplo to Caravan. Running a deficit now.

840: Navigation > Physics ( > Steam Engine > Railroad). May be better save the Caravans for Darwins. Krente switches to Sail.

820: Zwiefalten Diplo > Caravan

IT sneak attack by Barb sail: no Spammie casualties

800: Apli Coloss. > Caravan

780: Krente Sail > Caravan. Load 2 Diplo’s to explore

760: Spamyra Diplo to Settler

740: Physics > Steam Engine. Another Coloss. > Caravan. Diplo welcomes peace with Stalin near Jever.

720: Diplo meets with Mongols, they offer HBR, take Iron Working and we choose HBR. Monarchy is also for offer but is a dead end tech basically. Mongols desire Navigation, we tell them to fuck off, despite that we agree peace. We might need Magellaen as well since seatransportation will be important but prefer 2 free techs from Darwin. Embassy here? Moscow is allocated as well, just ONE tile from Jever!

Game to Stapel, keep an eye on tax / science!

79.42KB
Old 04-02-2004, 14:30   #127
Stapel
Emperor

I am on it. Please be patient!

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 15:07   #128
Grille

7.52KB
Is there still some life left in here?
Grille is offline   Reply With Quote