Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > NHJ's Narrative Nonsense
Home

Old 20-04-2009, 01:58   #11
BCLG100
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHJ View Post
Well, I'm still weighing my options at the moment, especially since it's so early in the game. However I don't think I've played with the Native Americans before, or at least not recently, so I'm a bit rusty on their abilities. However, I noticed the totempole/archer thing, but Dog Soldiers seem pretty useful as well. Especially now that I've explored Matrix' starting position, and it appears he does not have copper, where I have it right next to my capital...
Well you can triple promote the archers with first strike bonuses (can't remember the exact name), so all you need to take over pretty much an entire civilisation is about 3 archers and 3 dogs, especially a human opponent who is more likely to focus on melee than archery units. However the copper thing throws a spanner in the works but the totem pole can equally be applied to get triple promoted xbows. But for the native americans, the longer the game continues the more obstacles there are unless you can take advantage of the philo trait

edit- be careful of that forested hill, if he does build anything better than a warrior and gets it there it'll be very difficult to move it!

CDZ Cup Champion!!!

Last edited by BCLG100; 20-04-2009 at 02:05.
Old 20-04-2009, 10:07   #12
NHJ
Chieftain

Yeah, I'll definitely deforest those hills. I want to build mines there anyway, and use the wood for rushing units.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:21   #13
NHJ
Chieftain

Apologies for the lack of an update, but really, nothing much happened.I've developed my capital, and next turn I'll have a second worker, after which I'll build another Dog Soldier, then a Settler to grab some land before Stalin gets it all.

Meanwhile the war with Matrix is still running, and my first Dog Soldier has finally reached his city, where Matrix has just built his Archer. So he now has an archer and a warrior, I have a warrior and a Dog Soldier there. At least I'll be able to stop any development for a while.

Old 08-05-2009, 13:56   #14
NHJ
Chieftain

I moved my Dog Soldier to go pillage the mine he built on the Gems tile, but then Matrix started rushing Archers, so I moved it back to the forested hills tile. He attacked, with this as result. I accepted the peace treaty and the suggestion for a new game.