Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ IV
Home

Old 07-03-2006, 18:18   #11
Shabbaman
Administrator

Wow, did you use a complaint generator for that one

Anyway, although I completely understand your irritation it's all but fair to keep this thread on topic. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-03-2006, 18:21   #12
Whomp
King

My bad Shabba. Good luck with your game Realpolitik.
Old 07-03-2006, 18:30   #13
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I don't think I've understood the idea and purpose of this game from the starting post. Especially vague and counterintuitive is the preset government structure. IMHO, demogames such as ISDG are way more funny.
Old 07-03-2006, 22:18   #14
Ginger_Ale
Prince

Agree with Whomp and akots here.

Too structured, the creator has advertised manymany times on CFC (overadvertised), makes it sound like it is the holy grail of Civ4 gaming...part of the fun of DG-type things are flexibility...anyway, it's not for me.
Ginger_Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 23:43   #15
REALPOLITIK

I'm mortified. You call making 3 posts about Realpolitik overadvertising?

I have every right to create this game. I did, and I have many players who enjoy it immensely. This thread is here to purposely promote REALPOLITIK, not have a bunch of pessimists say it's not for them.

If it is not for you, then how about this? Refrain from posting. What good is this post going to do now? A player, who may like what he or she sees in my first post, could be disheartened by what he or shes in the latter ones by you.

I don't like DemoGame.. its not for me. Do I go into their forums and proclaim what I feel is wrong with it?

As for Whomp... I can only assume you are joking. In that case, what a wasteful post.

I request a moderator here delete all in appropriate posts as this is a thread for promotion & recruitment, not pessimism.
REALPOLITIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 23:48   #16
REALPOLITIK

GingerAle, I'm only quoting some of my players when they say it's "groundbreaking" and "the best thing to ever hit Civ 4".

The fun of RP is the Politiking... you need to keep everyone on you're side... you need everyone voting what you want... so it's a melting pot of opinions.. and the structure assists it.

Personally, unless you've played it... don't judge it.
Old 07-03-2006, 23:51   #17
DrAlimentado

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by REALPOLITIK

Do you mind? This is a SERIOUS game looking for SERIOUS players. If you feel the need to try and be funny, i'm sure there's sections in this forum where you can. Now if you don't mind, I spent many, many hours developing this game and even now, I'm working away, hoping to promote the game further.
guess what! our forum our rules so we don't mind, and this is a place we can be funny

and if you hadn't guessed, although we can play very seriously, we are definitely not SERIOUS. as usual i can only really speak for myself of course... but im right anyway

good luck with your game
DrAlimentado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 23:55   #18
REALPOLITIK

Yes but claiming I've caused a lot of people to hate me? Someone skimming through this post would see that.. and immediately cast judgement... Realpolitik=not for me.

Get my drift?
Old 07-03-2006, 23:59   #19
REALPOLITIK

Also Ginger_Ale: good for the goose... I didn't see any pessimismistic comments in this post...

you are feeling like playing the classic of all strategy games, the grandaddy of multiplayer, the life experiance that is known to us as 'the game of Diplomacy'. you will sign up immediately for the 5th diplomacy game. once we start playing you send all your orders on time, hopefully you will engage in lots of actual diplomacy too, but we will take what we can get as we don't want to push our luck... SIGN UP NOW!SIGN UP NOW!SIGN UP NOW!
Old 08-03-2006, 00:23   #20
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by REALPOLITIK
... I request a moderator here delete all in appropriate posts as this is a thread for promotion & recruitment, not pessimism.
That is a kind of strong attitude, dude.

Oh, and I don't get your drift.