Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Tubby Rower's Slacker Kingdom
Home

Old 16-03-2007, 02:50   #21
Tubby Rower

I've uploaded the videos to google video... the have to "process" it which probably includes scanning it for any copyrighted material since YouTube just got sued for copyright infringement

I'll post the link when it becomes available

Old 16-03-2007, 03:09   #22
Beorn
Disabled Vet

I just had a good run at the wii and was really eager to try the boxing game. I must say that the NES Mike Tyson Punch Out power glove http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Glove worked much better, and that was 18 years ago. Disappointed with this regard, but still had a great time.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Old 16-03-2007, 11:10   #23
Tubby Rower

here's the link

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...91306852469815

Yeah... sometimes the punches don't work right. For instance body shots are a near impossibility for me. so I just pound them in the head
Old 16-03-2007, 18:24   #24
Socrates
Emperor

I tried the Wii last Friday, a friend came with it, and we played Wii Sports and Wii Play with 4 players total. The best game was the tennis game, and the worst was the boxing game. The bowling game is way too easy compared to reality (or else I have MUCH improved over the years ) but it's still funny. Special mention to the fishing game (with graphics for 3-year old children), where my brother broke the record, whereas I was unable to get more than 2 fish.
Old 18-03-2007, 20:32   #25
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Mii owns a Wii as well and likes it a lot, as a result there's a corporate Wii as well now so we can all relax at work too.

Zelda: really good game
Wii Sports: tennis, bowling are fun. Don't like boxing so much. I'm a bowling pro (but only on the Wii, not IRL) so watch out!

Virtual Console rocks: dowloaded Galaga for €5 last week: OLD SCHOOL ROCKS!

Also own a GBC & GBA and probably I'll buy a DS as well anytime soon, so Nintendo handhelds kinda got me into Nintendo consoles. Even thinking about PS3 but that wont be anytime soon with a new baby around the corner, won't have time to play anyway.

Will look up my Wii number and post it as well.
Old 20-06-2007, 19:26   #26
Tubby Rower

ok a little update..

I jsut purchased a 42" LCD flat panel and mounted it on the wall. By the weekend, the entertainment center will be gone and the peripherals such as DVD player, VCR and of course the Wii will be on a shelf or something off of the ground. I'll likely put in a new receptacle higher up so that there are no cords anywhere within reach of Ethan's little digits.

I had a sound system in my old entertainment center, but the TV's speakers (while not being the best sound quality in the world) are sufficiently loud enough to not allow me to argue to keep the system there for sound amplification. I'll try to get a picture taken after everything is set.
Old 20-06-2007, 20:27   #27
Kingreno

The question is: Is a 42" LCD flat panel a suitable screen to play a PBEM turn on? []
Old 21-06-2007, 12:22   #28
Tubby Rower

meh... we had a couple days of 2 turns a day. I'll play tonight. promise.
Old 21-06-2007, 23:44   #29
mauer
King

Can you hook a flat screen up to a PC? I need to get with it if you can, that way I don't have to watch TLC's "What not to wear" anymore!
Old 22-06-2007, 01:26   #30
Tubby Rower

yeah... I wouldn't hook one up to a plasma although most plasmas now have a RGB input. If you plan on having a computer hooked up to one, get an LCD. right now a 42" LCD from LG is $1350 from circuit city online.