Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Colonization 2
Home

Old 02-10-2008, 10:55   #1
Darkness

Default Trade prices?

Is it just in my game or are the prices for the manufactured commodities much more stable in the new game?

Rum, Coats, Cloth and Cigars all stay in the 10-12 range for me (based on just one game with the Netherlands), while in the original game the prices dropped quickly if you produced a lot of one particular item and prices for, for example, Rum rose quite quickly when you didn't produce any Rum.

I'm about at turn 150:
I've not produced any Rum yet: price is 10/11
I've produced quite a lot of Coats (36 p/t), Cloth (30 p/t) and Cigars (24 p/t), and those prices are at 11/12, 10/11 and 12/13 respectively.

I wonder how the price for Silver (19/20) will respond to massive production. In the old game you could perhaps sell 200-300 silver for the top price, and then it started dropping rapidly as long as you kept selling...
Old 02-10-2008, 12:50   #2
Matrix
Administrator

Well, you do play as the Netherlands, which has the characteristic that market prices aren't influenced that easily. But it seems you don't see any influence at all, and I have the same experience (playing as Adriaen van der Donck).
Old 02-10-2008, 14:01   #3
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Well, you do play as the Netherlands, which has the characteristic that market prices aren't influenced that easily. But it seems you don't see any influence at all, and I have the same experience (playing as Adriaen van der Donck).
I'm playing as Stuyvesant, and I don't see any influence at all either. Perhaps it is different with the other nations, but that would make Netherlands grossly overpowered, IMHO.
Old 02-10-2008, 14:20   #4
Stapel
Emperor

I played and finished a game as the Spanish and didn't notice any spectacular price movement whatsoever.

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 17:16   #5
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Darkness

I'm playing as Stuyvesant, and I don't see any influence at all either. Perhaps it is different with the other nations, but that would make Netherlands grossly overpowered, IMHO.
That would be in sync with the old game, the Netherlands were overpowered in that game as well
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 13:34   #6
Robi D
King

The market prices definately are not as sensative as the old game. The biggest drop i got was for silver. I was playing as Stuyvesent and it went from 19 to 16. I remember in the old game that would have been more like 13 or 14 with the amount of silver i sent over. But then i just finished a game with the english and the prices didn't change too much either.

The one thing i miss in the new version is the lack of a customs house. I guess that was too overpowered.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote