Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 11-04-2004, 20:12   #1
Melifluous
Administrator

Default Results Day 6 Season 22

Quote:
quote:At EAGLES1 Arena, 10000 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. EAGLES1 tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Esteban - Stan, Nilsson, Hamilton, Spitsbaard - Gustavsson, Connolly, Martínez, Chandra - Dunne, Furió.

Manglers had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Cabezas - Spreadbury, Bryan, Mason - Hautala, Hornabrook, Alistair, Davis, Quigley-Parks - Greenwood, Carroll.

Manglers seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Manglers took the lead in the games 8:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Andy Quigley-Parks was the scorer. After 31 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Alan Hornabrook who increased Manglers´s lead to 0 - 2. Almost all the way down to the corner flag Eric Hautala somehow managed to get a perfect pass into the middle, impossible to miss for Roddy Carroll who struck for 0 - 3. In the games 36:th minute EAGLES1´s Lars Nilsson fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Lars Nilsson for taking a dive. The visitors Kennedy Mason took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 39:th minute. 0 - 4 for Manglers. Manglers´s Kennedy Mason received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 43rd minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 5. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. The structure of the game started to change as Manglers decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 5. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manglers, with an impressive 62 percent possession of the ball.

Kennedy Mason discharged a majestic long shot in the 49:th match minute, but missed the goal by a few metres. Bernard Hamilton almost put the reducer away having drawn the entire left side defence away, but the shot went straight into the arms of the goalkeeper. EAGLES1 reduced the score in the 57:th minute to 1 - 5 when Daniel Furió got the best of a ball floated in from the left. 65 minutes into the game Sandy Cabezas had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Nicky Williams. Manglers came close to extending their lead as Adam Davis delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. Manglers´s Walsh Greenwood received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 75:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 1 - 6. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. Manglers held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

The most dominating EAGLES1 player was without a doubt Lars Nilsson. Bernard Hamilton on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Alan Hornabrook. Nicky Williams on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 6.
So I keep my top spot in my league by beating one of the 4 teams who had 12 points.

In other great news, one of the other teams up here were held to a 2-2 draw with, erm, one of the lower teams (2nd season and I can call them that [] )

So I have a goal difference of like 25 goals. And there are 2 of us now with 15 points.

Bad news is my keeper is now injured for 3 weeks...

Thank goodness my Youth Squad is Solid now, might go for a Keeper next time

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 21:39   #2
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
quote:View game: HT Live
Date: 11-04-2004 at 20:30
MatchID: 16777882
Arena: PP SV Arena
Crowd: 10200

10200 spectators had come to PP SV Arena this cloudy day. PP started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Pietrek - van Zeeland, Kamperman, Tafro - Yatip, Drent, Daemen, Boote, Johnston - Beugels, Niezing.

Petras tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. They fielded: de Graaff - Niesters, Vleeshakker, Ibn-Shafiq - van Walbeek, van den Bos, Coolen, Verbeek, van Everdink - Peukens, Christiansen.

Petras clearly preferred attacks in the middle. Erik Niesters received some harsh words from his coach after he acted foolishly, probably out of lack of experience, in the 11th minute and almost caused an opponent to score. PP took the lead in the 19:th minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Sjors Drent elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar. After 22 minutes Mike Kamperman put PP ahead 2 - 0 as he rose to head in a hooked ball, the result of an effort from the right side. In the 25:th minute Alexander Christiansen, after an opportunist attack from the right, scored the reducer for Petras making it 2 - 1. The referee showed PPs Fueangwich Yatip the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Iwan Daemen struck a 30 metre free kick home in the 29:th minute. 3 - 1 for the home team. As Toon Niezing had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the PP player a red card without batting an eye. Erik Niesters the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game, so Reza van den Broek had to come off the bench. 41 minutes into the game PP were awarded a penalty that Iwan Daemen turned into 4 - 1 without a problem. After 43 minutes Petras´s Theo Verbeek contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. The teams went for a half-time break at 4 - 1. PP, bringing the final ball possession rate to 55 percent, dominated the battle.

Petras managed to reduce a bit later to 4 - 2 as Coen van den Bos finished off a well played combination from the left, carving through the defensive box. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Ludo van Zeeland squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 62nd minute, asserting the lead to 5 - 2. The structure of the game started to change as PP decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. After an industrious effort down the middle Iwan Daemen could have closed the game off in the 67:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. Petras managed to reduce a bit later to 5 - 3 as Reza van den Broek finished off a well played combination from the left, carving through the defensive box. PP´s Sjors Drent had an excellent opportunity in the 73rd minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! PP held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

Most important PP player was Rolf Beugels. However, Gerko Tafro made a disastrous appearance. Petras´s best player was Alexander Christiansen. Reza van den Broek on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 5 - 3.

PP SV
Player rating and Team formation
Team Attitude: Match of the Season
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (Unlimited)

Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: solid
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: solid
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: passable

Petra's Boys
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Attack in the middle
Tactic skill: solid

Midfield: weak
Right Side Defence: weak
Central Defence: inadequate
Left Side Defence: weak
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: solid
Very pleased with this victory as I consider this team my main competitor for promotion. (that it the no 2 position in the league. Pretty sure that another team is gonna win our league) Sadly a 4th team has gotten its act together very well so it seems a bit more fighting is needed.

Quite happy with my stats considering one of my forwards (my topscorer!) got send of very early.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 02:20   #3
Bootstoots

Quote:
quote:
16280 spectators had found their way to The Yellow Boot, despite the heavy rain. Yellow started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Kalkun - Haas, Hawkins, Knott - Cody, Borgstedt, Säfsjö, Leu, Brunner - Tomlin, Burney.

Karis started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. They fielded: McCormack - Mccord, Leavitt, Addison - Ramos, Swimm, Smith, Combs, Cote - Jones, Hernández.

Yellow were mostly trying to use the flanks for their attacks. Karis saw most attack opportunites on the wings and were directing their passes that way. Aaron Combs seemed to be floating in the air at will as he elegantly headed in 0-1. The previous Karis corner kick was executed by Willie Smith. Karis increased the lead to 0 - 2 as Willie Smith scored from the penalty spot, putting the ball in near the top left corner. In the games 28:th minute Yellow´s Randy Knott fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Randy Knott for taking a dive. Theodore Burney had a good opportunity to reduce in the 29:th minute but wasn´t cool enough. The ball went miles over the bar. Yellows Cary Haas got himself booked after a foul. The away team´s Michael Addison took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 37:th minute increasing Karis´s lead to 0 - 3. The structure of the game started to change as Karis decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone. 42 minutes into the game Yellow broke through on the left wing and Cary Haas managed to reduce the lead to 1 - 3. Johnny Hawkins of Yellow received a yellow card in the 42nd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. A couple of inches to the right and Omar Cody´s free kick in the 44:th would have resulted in the goal of the year for Yellow. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Karis´s Michael Addison got himself booked. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 3. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

Yellow reduced the score in the 49:th minute to 2 - 3 when Theodore Burney got the best of a ball floated in from the left. Theodore Burney made a superb strike at the goal in the 49:th minute with a long shot coming in from straight in front of the goal, but one of the visitors defenders got a foot in and warded it off to a corner. In the games 66:th minute Aaron Combs nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar. 2 - 4 was a funny story: the seemingly nonchalant lob from Karis´s Michael Addison landed at the feet of Gary Cote who sent it into the net - goal! The referee showed Yellows Jonas Borgstedt the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Karis were forced to a substitution as Gary Cote couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Vladimir Montero to come in from the sidelines. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 56 percent possession rate.

Yellow´s best player was Toomas Kalkun. However, Theodore Burney made a disastrous appearance. The most dominating Karis player was without a doubt Nicholas McCormack. Will Jones on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 2 - 4.
First loss of the season, and it was on an MOTS. TS is irritated but it will recover. Four of my players got yellow cards (one of them got his third and was suspended), fortunately no injuries though. I did have a good midfield during this match; I beat them in possession in both halves and got my first inadequate midfield ever. I have two easy games before I face them again, away. I'll most likely place second again this year (probably with a record of 12-2-0), but after Karis moves up I will probably be promoted into the next division, unless a good team demotes into my series. I still may have a shot at promotion this season though; I'm looking forward to the matches ahead!
Bootstoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:33   #4
English_brit

Quote:
quote:25574 spectators arrived at Toffee's Utd Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Toffees had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: MacFadyen - Russell, Hickey, Irons - Attah-Agyeman, Homer, Haynes, Walker, Penn - Hollenstein, Aertse.

quinny tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. Lineup: Ferguson - Davies, Forster, Navari, Gardiner - MacKintosh, Defoe, Areff, Duggan - Jimack, Pamic.

Toffees seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. After 13 minutes Puck Aertse made a speedy advance and dropped the ball to Pierre-André Hollenstein who shuffled the ball past the keeper. The score was now 1 - 0. Things were going to get worse for the visitors. Pierre-André Hollenstein squirmed himself through the central defense line in the 17:th minute, asserting the lead to 2 - 0. After this Toffees lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. The referee showed Toffeess David Russell the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Toffees lead up with 3 - 0. Kirk Haynes finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. In the to 26:th minute a very unfortunate collision in the home teams penalty area led to quinny´s Percy Davies being carried off the pitch and replaced by Christopher MacKeggie. The teams went for a half-time break at 3 - 0. Toffees held the ball, with a clear 80 percent possession rate.

Lee Hickey almost managed to score another goal for Toffees, but his header was tipped to a corner by the visitors goalie. After an industrious effort down the middle Lee Hickey could have closed the game off in the 62nd minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. The referee showed quinnys Norm Jimack the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Toffees held the ball, with a clear 88 percent possession rate.

Toffees´s best player was Puck Aertse. Jason MacFadyen was a disappointment, however. The most dominating quinny player was without a doubt Jacob Forster. However, Gary Duggan made a disastrous appearance. The match ends 3 - 0.
Won all my games so far this season. Good crowd of 25k+ considering I was playing the 7th placed team.

Would liked to have scored more goals but can't really complain considering.
English_brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:46   #5
yndy
Prince

Quote:
quote:Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Sticla T-veni Arena saw a crowd turnout of 29555. Sticla started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. Lineup: Abolafio Martíne - Spiridon, Gruia, Rãdulescu - Pahontu, Gheorghe, Sinikallio, Turcu - Stern, Bos, Timou.

Boldesti tactics involved an interesting 5-4-1 combination. Lineup: Verstraete - Wahlgren, Maris, Onofrei, Gerber, Teodorescu - Forés, Ludányi, Håkansson, Dobrin - Mãrginean.

Sticla seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Boldesti. Boldesti had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Rubén Abolafio Martínez saved Iuliu Mãrginean´s shot headed for the top corner. Boldesti´s Liviu Onofrei could have put the guests one up in the 37:th minute, chasing a through ball but Rubén Abolafio Martínez was fast as a snake, grabbing the ball from under his nose. Halftime score was 0 - 0. Sticla, bringing the final ball possession rate to 51 percent, dominated the battle.

Dan Pahontu gave his Sticla the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post. In the 64:th minute Sticlas Cãtãlin Rãdulescu received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. Boldesti got a chance to level the score as Per Håkansson suddenly found himself free with the goaltender but the finishing shot hit the bar. Boldestis Ionut Teodorescu got himself booked after a foul. This part of the game had been a standoff between the teams.

Most important Sticla player was Nik Bos. Florin Gruia on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Boldesti player was without a doubt Zacarías Forés. Liviu Onofrei on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 1 - 0. Sticla T-veni

Midfield: inadequate
Central Defence: excellent
Central Attack: magnificent

Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: brilliant
Right Side Attack: poor
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Side Attack: weak
Very tough game, I barely won and I'm preparing for a loss when I meet them on their pitch three weeks from now.

My chances of qualifying are average, it's tough fight right now. All I can say is that at the end of the season I will start putting some money in my midfield, at least EUR 1 million but in any case more than any amount my competitors will.

By Saturday my forward trainees will worth EUR 4.7 million in aggregate and I expect to double that amount by week 3, of the next season.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:23   #6
ProPain

My Team spirit has changed to furious after last game I really don't understand why, I played MOTS but won....So what's the problem? Could it be the red card for my forward?

Haven't done any player trading except for (the usual) firing of a trainee who was a pleasant guy, but I thought firing doesnt affect TS.

Any suggestion?
Old 12-04-2004, 11:33   #7
English_brit

Using MOTS always results in a drop in TS wether u win lose or draw.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:15   #8
ProPain

I know, but a drop to furious from satisfied (iirc, might have been content or delirious) seems quite a lot, especially since I PIC'ed last week.

Old 12-04-2004, 12:19   #9
English_brit

Yep. I know it seems a big drop but it's just done to make people really weigh up the consequences before they play MOTS.

The sacking of your trainee wouldn't have affected it.
Old 12-04-2004, 13:01   #10
Kingreno

Quote:
quote: Fairly good weather for football had drawn a crowd of 12750 to Doetjes '24 Arena. Doetjes started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Krivucs - Ridder, van der Meijden, van Gastel - Heinsbroek, Gunnarsson, Flindt, Wosko, Evers - Esser, Pettersson.

Aristocats started off with a 5-4-1 lineup. They fielded: Henriksen - Dominkovic, Eichinger, Gunning, van den Burg, Thöny - Claessens, Korsten, Wagenaar, Salman - Timmers.

Aristocats clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it. Doetjes were very close to putting themselves one up in the 8:th minute as Sasha Esser got through, but failing in concentration, he shot the ball wide. A long pass from the defense line of Aristocats resulted in a counterattack that set Wout van den Burg free in the enemy central penalty box, but his finish went high. The home side put themselves ahead 1 - 0 in the 24:th by a breakthrough from Grzegorz Wosko, who unaided came in out of the right wing hooking the ball over the visitors keeper. In the 37:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Koen van der Meijden dashed through, knocking home 2 - 0 for Doetjes. Roderick Wagenaar nearly reduced 39 minutes into the game, but a splendid one hand save by Nikolajs Krivucs put a stop to the attempt coming in from the right flank. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. Doetjes, bringing the final ball possession rate to 68 percent, dominated the battle.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Doetjes´s Sasha Esser putting the lead up to 3 - 0. Doetjes´s Martin Flindt had an excellent opportunity in the 62nd minute, shooting on a through ball, but he missed the goal by miles! 66 minutes into the game Doetjes were awarded a penalty that Grzegorz Wosko turned into 4 - 0 without a problem. After this Doetjes lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts. After 67 minutes Doetjes´s Huib Heinsbroek contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Doetjes, with an impressive 68 percent possession of the ball.

Most important Doetjes player was Nikolajs Krivucs. Martijn Evers on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating Aristocats player was without a doubt Nikolai Eichinger. Rouven Thöny on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 0.

Doetjes '24
Team Attitude: (Hidden)
Tactic: Normal
Tactic skill: (Unlimited)

Right Side Defence: excellent
Central Defence: formidable
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: solid

Aristocats
Team Attitude: Normal
Tactic: Counter-attacks
Tactic skill: excellent

Midfield: poor
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: solid
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: poor
Damn, what are these guys doing in my division? They haven't had a single goal scored against them yet, for the ENTIRE season[].

At least now the season is more or less over. two teams clearly outgun the rest, and will both promote, while two others will relegate almost for certain. I am aiming for 3rd place now, since that will at least get me more spectators.