Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 06-11-2006, 17:13   #141
Whomp
King

Of course, I'm the one who suggested no gifting.
Old 20-11-2006, 06:48   #142
Whomp
King

Mistfit had two MW's retreat and killed my pike dead with the 3rd.
Rik attacked my galley with a reg galley and lost leaving my galley 1/4. Good thing since there's two sams on there. Disconnected Tubby's horses and plopped two sams next to Rik's capital. 7 workers or protect the capital?

116.26*KB

I debated for a 1/2 hour what to do with the army. I decided to avoid the musket and knight on the hill and move to the mountain next to Pasa and closer towards Tubby's capital. That's Tubby's capital in the upper left hand corner (SW of my sams on a hill)

Graham has a redlined knight that I figured you'd whack for a possible MGL.

Metal in 3.

148.49*KB
Old 07-12-2006, 00:46   #143
barbu1977
Emperor

Turn played and sent.

- There are 13 MW on the mountain.
- Where is your settler heading?

I was thinking of moving my MW stack into tubby's lands.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:30   #144
Whomp
King

I'm flexible with the settler. I was going to use him as a combat settler somewhere along the way.

Rik took my two sams at the loss of 1 MI. I'm a little suprised it was so easy considering they were on a hill.
Old 13-12-2006, 06:13   #145
Beorn
Disabled Vet

2 questions:
1- Looks painfully obvious, but did everyone pick MW's as UU'S ?! Anyways why stick to Japan if you were allowed to pick a UU, did wheel come up big in your decision factors?
2- The war looks good but you guys are lagging in points against all but mistfit - who is Sumeria on top of it. Would that be GA-related or did they just out-farm you early on?
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2006, 14:34   #146
barbu1977
Emperor

1- We where all allowed to all pick the Iroquois, and one other Civ. If you look at the first posts of the thread, you'll see why we came up with japan. But yes, the wheel was important.

2- Mistfit Graham and I play Iroquois, (full feature), Whomp plays Japan, Rik plays Spain (Probably the only one who did not get his GA) and Tubby plays Persia
Old 13-12-2006, 16:08   #147
Whomp
King

Barbu has done a good job on points and I have not. It seems like my GA was well timed though since we are very close to getting cavs and I've pillaged Tubbys horses (Graham and Tubbys only source I'd think). I'm not sure what's going on with Rik and Mistfit but I've been harrassing Rik a bit. I'm a few more turns from razing his closest city. I wonder when he's going to use his conquistadors.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:20   #148
Whomp
King

OK well Rik cat and treb each hit pikes in Leon taking them to 3/4

in Fat Boy
Tubby vet sam stays 4/4 taking vet musket
vet sam loses to vet musket now 4/4
At Tyred
buchet hits 2/4 knight to 1/4
4/5 sword goes 3/5 taking 1/4 knight.
Army goes 8/13 with a promo taking a vet musket at Pasargadae. Sent the army straight north to the other city I took from Tubs trying to draw this away from our thrust at Tubby. I will hit Rik next turn with 6 sams.

Decided to consolidate a bit at Tubbyland with this stack looming.

135.34KB
Old 12-01-2007, 15:15   #149
barbu1977
Emperor

That's a mighty stack. I may try to hit Grahams lands to lure those knights back home.

At least, you know where te stack is and it should not move before my turn.
Old 12-01-2007, 16:25   #150
Whomp
King

Now that I have rax in Tubby's old cities my units will heal faster. My thinking on the army was to threaten Tubby's north to distract units away from the main battlefield around Tyred. Drawing Graham down south is good because that's where our main stacks are. This will get very interesting over the next few turns.

Metal was due in 2 and I'm running ~+48gpt if you need some cash for short rushing or I can keep it to run deficit into MT. I have my final core city university finishing this turn too so that should help.