Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 21-08-2005, 07:11   #101
grahamiam
Emperor

capitol needs 2 BG's. 1 cow, 1 plain wheat, and 1 mined bg = 5spt with CC. We need 1 more BG to get it up to 7spt and a working settler factory. Capitol has 5 BG's near it plus wine plain, so it should not be a problem.

However, I'm worried about limiting the capitol to 10spt or so into the MA. Building 3T from the captiol with 2 towns could hurt us during the late AA and mid MA when we're trying to build 80 shield libs, 100 shield markets, and 70 shield Knights. Looking at the map right now, my worry is probably unfounded, and we should be ok. However, it just doesn't feel right to have 2 towns 3T from the capitol. Well, I'll probably feel better if the rest of the towns are farther out
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2005, 07:34   #102
bed_head7

Oh, I was unclear there. The capital at size five, which is where it starts operating, needs 1s from cow and wheat each, 2s from BG, 1s from grassland, and 1s from center, for 6s. It then needs a forest on growth, and then another mined grassland at size six. Of course, until we mine a couple of grassland, we'll need to rely upon BG to do the job. Once in republic, and then MA, it will have one hill, so 10spt at size seven, and a couple of forests and mined plains will still be around to provide extra shields. 18spt for knights will be easily managable at size nine, working the cow, wheat, hill, two BG, two forests, and two mined plains. At size eleven, working two more regular grassland, it can do 20spt. And even with two cities so close, it will get at least eleven tiles to work.
bed_head7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2005, 15:54   #103
romeothemonk
King

I agree with the "cramped" build. I think we treat our builds as an AW type setup. Our best bet is to really hose our nearest neighbor and trade well with another neigbhor.
The more cities we have, the better we can do this. As long as the capitol can get to 18 spt, we should be fine. As JD said, I doubt this game will see modern times, so this build should be ok.
Old 24-08-2005, 15:56   #104
grahamiam
Emperor

Team Milfhunters are beyond the 24hrs, and are actually at 72hrs. Need a vote from the team on whether or not we should skip them.

I vote skip, we need to keep this moving, and that was the intent of getting more than 1 player per team.
Old 24-08-2005, 16:31   #105
romeothemonk
King

I vote skip.
Old 25-08-2005, 01:33   #106
bed_head7

I guess it doesn't matter what I think, but skip sounds good to me.
Old 23-09-2005, 14:57   #107
grahamiam
Emperor

hand-off is coming soon. can we get an update with future plans? maybe a pic for lurkers too
Old 23-09-2005, 21:21   #108
bed_head7

Well, the worker plan is still the same as in post 14 on this page. The settling plan was not decided conclusively. The picture has not changed from above. I understand the intent, but really not much to discuss short term from my point of view.
Old 23-09-2005, 21:40   #109
grahamiam
Emperor

ok, no contact then, and still going for settlers right after the granary, right?
Old 23-09-2005, 21:53   #110
bed_head7

Yes.