Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 13-07-2007, 00:01   #31
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100
but we can always patch up halfway through, the saves seem to be compaitble most of the time.
The problem is not with patching but with the bugs especially the ones which are unknown at the time the game is played.
Old 13-07-2007, 00:08   #32
IglooDude

Quote:

Seems like you shall have a lot of interest in it ID! handy that civivor warlords is coming to a conclusion soon, did you ever finish the vanilla one?
Not beyond the LAoD victory. We couldn't agree on a good time for the four survivors to get together to have it out, and Ybbor kinda disappeared for a while, so it faded away and I just chalk it up as "LAoD won".
Old 13-07-2007, 00:12   #33
IglooDude

Quote:

it'll take a month of talking about it at cfc and going over the same thing over and over again before anything happens so i doubt you have to worry beam

i'll argue about wanting an archi map especially to hold things up
It depends on how quickly I can get a pitboss machine going, really. I'm also going to see about whether I can get a 32-player mod for the game (similar to the 32-player Warlords game that OverloadUT got going, except not indefinitely paused like his is) and if that happens I think anyone who wants to play will be able to.
Old 13-07-2007, 00:27   #34
BCLG100
Deity

yeah, but why stop at 32? get that 42 or whatever mod on the go!

only drawback with all that was, so many drop outs(me included)+ immensly long loading times.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 15:30   #35
IglooDude

Quote:

only drawback with all that was, so many drop outs(me included)+ immensly long loading times.
That's true.

Maybe instead of a 32-player game, I'll just get something rigged where I can run multiple pitboss games on a single server and organize a civ-off, with as many simultaneous 4-player games as can be filled, with the 4-player winners advancing to semifinals or finals.

Hmmm...
Old 13-07-2007, 15:31   #36
grahamiam
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by IglooDude

Quote:

That's true.

Maybe instead of a 32-player game, I'll just get something rigged where I can run multiple pitboss games on a single server and organize a civ-off, with as many simultaneous 4-player games as can be filled, with the 4-player winners advancing to semifinals or finals.

Hmmm...
that would be wickedly cool
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 16:51   #37
Robi D
King

It would be a lot of fun having qualifications for the final, but it would require a lot of work getting it set up so that its as equal as possible

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 16:54   #38
IglooDude

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

Quote:

Quote:

That's true.

Hmmm...
that would be wickedly cool
Yeah, Strategamer had a 1v1 tournament (8 players total I think) going for a bit, but it was PBEM and less than half the first-round games finished in time (if at all - and my game vs Azza was one of the unfinished ones). At least with Pitboss if someone drops out the game continues and it is clear who fell by the wayside.
Old 13-07-2007, 17:13   #39
grahamiam
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robi D

It would be a lot of fun having qualifications for the final, but it would require a lot of work getting it set up so that its as equal as possible
I wouldn't put too much thought into that as it's all in fun anyways. Plus, if you do it early enough, not enough people will know all the in-and-outs wrt new BtS strategies, at least not till the 2nd round.

Since BtS adds more emphasis to the later ages, you could even make them Industrial era starts with smaller maps or something. Would make the games play faster as well.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2007, 22:10   #40
mauer
King

Quote:
That's true.

Hmmm...
Now I'd pay for that! Not really, but I'd play
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote