Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 09-09-2003, 16:09   #41
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 215 (1000 AD):

WAR TIME!

Two turns ago I finished ToE and I was 5 techs in front. WF managed to steal Rep Parts one turn later. That is a bit annoying, because now he is able to have infantry as a defense.

At the start of the war I am faced with two front. One is the old core:

98.13*KB

The other is the newly conquered land:

57.47*KB

So I have to have a strong defense in 14 cities or so. Therefore I decided to first attack the new core. I found that WF defended his cities with Sipahi there! Since domination is not possible, I razed the place. I also managed to raze Mugla and Oil Springs in the old core. I killed 15 Sipahi and 6 infantry in total and lost 11 cavs.

The world map before the war:

7.24*KB

After the first turn:

7.17*KB

This allows me to move all infantry to the 8 cities on the eastern front. I have 35 cavalry and 96 infantry left
Old 10-09-2003, 08:31   #42
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 216:

Wildfire tells me that he has a terrible war weariness already! He only managed to kill 3 cavs and left my SoD in his land alone. He wanted peace, but I don't agree with that.

But...I am hesitant about what to do now in the first 5 turns. He has infantry and I don't have enough artillery. I may retreat and let the war weariness kill his productivity.

Next priority is to pillage his resources and luxuries, produce 40 artillery and a lot of cavalry.

Turn 217:

Wildfire drafted units, so he has Nationalism. This makes life more difficult. So I decide to go for a new push and aim for his capital. I will also disconnect his rubber.
Old 12-09-2003, 15:38   #43
yndy
Prince

You're riding this game. If you can't take his cities, pillage all the roads through his lands. This way he will not have the cash to steal your techs.
Old 12-09-2003, 22:51   #44
WildFire

Good game
Old 12-09-2003, 22:54   #45
Aggie
Emperor

Wildfire, I thorougly enjoyed this one. Thanks for the great game