Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 12-12-2006, 16:14   #121
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

I think you can bank on the Cin/Ind game being a high scoring one. You also have to ask yourself...would you rather have Carson Palmer throwing the ball or Chris Weinke? The team I'd be concerned about is OAK. Their defense has been unreal against the pass. Do you have another option at QB?
True. Palmer to Henry sounds more appealing than Weinke to Johnson.

I have Joey Harrington...
Better stick with Bulger I think, especially since he had 350 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT against Chicago. So he should be able to get some points against Oakland...
Old 13-12-2006, 02:01   #122
romeothemonk
King

I like Weinke to Johnson. The Pit secondary is beat to hell right now, and a new QB likes a big possesion receiver.

Cinncy will keep the ball on the ground vs Indy.

Your opponent is a dumbass having Colston in his lineup. INJURY SLOW, plus Bush is asserting himself finally.

LT is tough to beat, but having Drew-Jones have another monster game will negate that.
Old 13-12-2006, 08:51   #123
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by romeothemonk

I like Weinke to Johnson. The Pit secondary is beat to hell right now, and a new QB likes a big possesion receiver.
Judging from the Giants-Panthers game Weinke likes Drew Carter (8-144, TD) more than either Smith (5-67) or Johnson (5-51)...

Cincy will definately run a lot, but I think it'll end up as a high scoring game, and as soon as Indy puts eight in the box, then Palmer will spread it out in 3 or 4 wide, which will mean opportunities for Henry...

I'll keep my options open for a bit...
Old 13-12-2006, 16:11   #124
Whomp
King

I still lean towards playing Henry. Indy needs to win which tells me the game will be a high scoring game. The fact remains that Steve Smith is the man and Keyshawn is old. Henry has explosion potential that Keyshawn never had.
Old 18-12-2006, 13:31   #125
Darkness

With only Bengals at Colts remaining....

131.31KB

He needs Reggie Wayne to score 20 points more than Chris Henry and Shayne Graham tonight.
I've got a good shot to win this!
Old 18-12-2006, 18:30   #126
Whomp
King

That is huge! Jones-Drew and Coles came up big! It would be amazing if you beat him with the night LT had! I need Wayne to be shut down too Darkness. In my other league I'm up 82-62 and I have Vinateiri and he has Manning, Harrison and Graham. In this league 10-12 is a big score for a QB so I have a good shot unless they hook up for a long one.
Old 19-12-2006, 10:21   #127
Darkness

It was too close for comfort...
I had a 19.4 point lead

Bunnies:
Reggie Wayne had 7 catches, 84 yards, 1 TD = 21.4 points

Demons:
Chris Henry had 0 catches = 0 points
Shayne Graham had 3 field goals and an extra point = 10 points

So, I win by 8...

I am in the finals
Old 19-12-2006, 15:46   #128
Whomp
King

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Good show even though I let you down with Chris Henry's display. This is it. What's the plan?
Old 19-12-2006, 17:35   #129
Darkness

The plan is to go back to Keyshawn...
Henry's a risky play. Keyshawn will get his 4-5 catches and 50-60 yards. Henry is just as likely to catch 6 balls for 100 yards and a score as he is to go catchless like this week...

122.6*KB

Projections have me leading by 2-3 points. I just hope Steven Jackson doesn't kill me. After LT he is the most productive running back in the league...
Old 20-12-2006, 02:23   #130
romeothemonk
King

Washington has a decent Run Defense. I favor you as Ahman green has a habit of laying eggs against MN, plus Crumpler is due for about 3 TD's.
Just my opinion, but I think I said Johnson last week.