Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ** Open thread forum **
Home

Old 15-01-2007, 15:14   #471
Tubby Rower

well they weren't going to me until you declared

well you have my stupidty on your side.. so I think that i'm out-numbered 2 to 1
Old 15-01-2007, 15:23   #472
BCLG100
Deity

Well you havnt offered me any form of peace deal or anything so im unsure what your expecting me to do?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 15:48   #473
IglooDude

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

interesting, darkness speaks like i had a choice in whether ID declared war on me or not originally, when he sued for peace i noticed all his units went to tubby now should i have just let them go? maybe but also for graham to launch a successfull attack on me- when im at the other end of the continent well by all means good luck to him and ill be more than happy to acknowledge him as the winner of this game.

you 4 keep acting like its over.
Tubby only got half my troops, by the way. Darkness' opponents are probably experiencing the other half right about now.
Old 15-01-2007, 15:57   #474
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100

you 4 keep acting like its over.
Uhmm, for Dave, Tubby and myself it is over...
Can't really blame us for the morbid thoughts in that situation, now can you?
Igloo on the other hand... Well maybe he's just a pessimist naturally?

And, I'm not saying you had a choice. If Igloo attacked me, I'd fight back too. I'm just saying that the beneficiaries of the current situation are limited in number.
Old 15-01-2007, 16:23   #475
grahamiam
Emperor

Quote:
quote: Darkness: No offense intended to Whomp, but he really is just grahamiam's (or akots', whichever of them is playing at the moment?) pet civ...
Sorry, but I have no "pet" civ's. All of the actions we have taken is to the gain of all alliance members. You will notice that we have not reached tech parity until very recently. This was done by a lot of heavy lifting from everyone involved, and was quite a feat seeing how far we were behind. Just how far behind were we? I think the following quote summarizes it quite well:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100 on Oct 31st

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

bring it on you loser... you will not win this battle or the war. at best it'll be a stalemate for you. You realize that by you band of losers and my band of losers fighting each other, the other quieter band of losers grow unopposed? Why do you always have to start crap up in these games?
well cos that band of losers are actually really far behind! look at whomp-doesnt even know how to tie his shoelaces yet!

And I have no intentions on Simon. By the time my units could get to him, they’d be obsolete and simply cute little training dummies for him

p.s.: this server is a PITA Took me 30 minutes plus 3 tries to dig out those quotes and post
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 16:25   #476
Tubby Rower

Simon, I haven't requested peace mainly because I don't think that you would give me my city back. If that's offered, I'll accept peace, otherwise, you'll be beating your head up against the wall that is my Tubbitude. And you'll be losing ground to your northern neighbors as I suspect that they'll come knocking on my door once they consumate the reaming of Darkness. That is if the maintenence isn't killing their stretched economy.
Old 15-01-2007, 16:29   #477
Tubby Rower

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

Quote:
quote: Darkness: No offense intended to Whomp, but he really is just grahamiam's (or akots', whichever of them is playing at the moment?) pet civ...
Sorry, but I have no "pet" civ's. All of the actions we have taken is to the gain of all alliance members. You will notice that we have not reached tech parity until very recently. This was done by a lot of heavy lifting from everyone involved, and was quite a feat seeing how far we were behind. Just how far behind were we? I think the following quote summarizes it quite well:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BCLG100 on Oct 31st

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

bring it on you loser... you will not win this battle or the war. at best it'll be a stalemate for you. You realize that by you band of losers and my band of losers fighting each other, the other quieter band of losers grow unopposed? Why do you always have to start crap up in these games?
well cos that band of losers are actually really far behind! look at whomp-doesnt even know how to tie his shoelaces yet!

And I have no intentions on Simon. By the time my units could get to him, they’d be obsolete and simply cute little training dummies for him

p.s.: this server is a PITA Took me 30 minutes plus 3 tries to dig out those quotes and post
I had forgot about that. That was a good quote from me and a great retort from BC even though my original quote was to Robboo not Simon
Old 15-01-2007, 16:43   #478
BCLG100
Deity

yeah, quite a good mudslinging match really

well no tubs i wont give you the city back so war it is

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 19:40   #479
Whomp
King

Good stuff. Igloo I see one of your units running around Darkness' territory so maybe you only gifted Tubby 40%, Darkness 40% and you kept 20%? []
Old 15-01-2007, 20:09   #480
DaveShack
Chieftain

I do have to say, y'all chose a pretty good time to jump me. A few turns later and I'd have had liberalism + something (yes, I know about the bug, would have stayed logged in to get it) and then dropped science to get upgrade cash. That was a gamble that didn't work. Sometimes you go "all in" and don't have the right cards, or in this case the right units.

I was a little disappointed by RM joining in, after I had gifted more than just a few techs over the years. Probably should have gone for a more formal NAP. So technically it wasn't a and I have nothing to complain about. Just some info for next game.