Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > Succession Games Open Forum
Home

Old 11-10-2008, 11:04   #31
Matrix
Administrator

I think the top city will be rather useless. And I think it would be a shame not to farm the corn, so I'm for the yellow dots.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:14   #32
Stapel
Emperor

Turn 1 (25) : Nothing
Turn 2 (26) : Our caravel has arrived in the New World.
Turn 3 (27) : Caravel drops off Silver Miner. If we stick to my dot-map, we are a bit short on lumber. I've given it some thought..... I think I'll make a new dot map, where we settle on the wheat (later)..
Turn 4 (28) : Move caravel to Teotihuacan, to see what profit we can make on the tools. We found Silverbastiano. I move a colonist for Shabbaville, equipped wiht tools, to the silver. Shabbaville has about 50 lumber now, so we can miss jack overthere.
Turn 5 (29) : We get 437 gold for our tools (which has cost us 200). The scout is removed from Shabbaville, moves to Teotihuacan and embarks the ship. The ship sails out.
Turn 6 (30) : Our Church is there. Drydock now, to gain more food. Please DO remember to bring in tools!
Turn 7 (31) : Out colonist starts mining the silver. the scout is dropped ashore and we meet Huayna Capac. We also get to see some Fench borders. Our caravel is sailing to Shabbaville, to collect the tobacco and then sail to Europe.
Turn 8 (32) : Our scout enters Cuzco and receives 360 gold from the chief. I consider us to be lucky. The French should have got there earlier. Let's hope our scout can earn us a lot of money!

For the next player:
Don't forget to pick up tools in Europe and sens 50 of them to Shabbaville, before selling the rest to the Indians.
Silverbastiano is building docks. Imho, it should be followed by a drydock, but that will take a while.

Da save and screeny attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screeny33.JPG (54.9 KB, 14 views)
Attached Files
File Type: colonizationsave Miffy 33.ColonizationSave (61.1 KB, 1 views)

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:34   #33
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
I think the top city will be rather useless. And I think it would be a shame not to farm the corn, so I'm for the yellow dots.
Well, I actually went along for the red ones. The corn bonus will still be there, iirc (I'll test that soon).

The top city is a most formidable place! It will grow like hell and generate sugar and ore/silver. What makes you think it will be useless????? It's a top spot!

Old 11-10-2008, 17:53   #34
Darkness

Turn 1 (33) – Move scout NW, spot ancient ruins 3 moves away.
Turn 2 (34) – Move scout W, towards ruins. Spot Incan city Tiwanaku. Caravel picks up 75 tobacco in Shabbaville and moves on to Silverbastiano to pick up silver. MM Shabbaville to prevent running out of lumber in 3 turns (we haven’t got any tools to finish the drydock yet anyway).
Turn 3 (35) – Religious unrest provides an expert silver miner in London. Enter Tiwanaku. They teach fishermen and give 146 gold.
Turn 4 (36) – Scout enters ruins and gets Ancient Treasure worth 956 gold.
Turn 5 (37) – Scout meets the Apache. Caravel picks up 36 silver in Silverbastiano and heads for London.
Turn 6 (38) – Scouting…
Turn 7 (39) – Scouting…
Turn 8 (40) – Enter Apache village Tiiis Tseba. The cheap bastards don’t give us anything. They teach tobacco planters.
Turn 9 (41) – Yes, I know this is the next player’s turn but the caravel arrives in London and you can’t save in the Europe screen. I give the silver miner tools (to finish the Drydock in Shabbaville) and I make the criminal into a missionary to establish a mission in the Aztec city. The caravel heads back to the new world with the two guys on board. Immediate pop-up that our scout has met the Arawaks and another pop-up that New France wants to trade world maps. I agree, to see what they have explored yet, so we can focus on areas (and native villages) they haven’t explored yet. Saving game now…

For the next player: The caravel is on the way back to the new world. Try to micromanage the completion of the drydock so it coincides with the arrival of the 50 tools that the silver miner carries. If it finishes (the carpenter is still gathering lumber right now, but it can be set to building again) earlier then that's also not a problem, as the game will remember and when the tools arrive, it will bring a pop-up to ask if you want to finish the drydock now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Civ4ScreenShot0004.jpg (97.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Civ4ScreenShot0005.jpg (91.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Civ4ScreenShot0006.jpg (92.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Civ4ScreenShot0007.jpg (92.8 KB, 11 views)
Attached Files
File Type: colonizationsave Miffy 41.ColonizationSave (64.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 12-10-2008, 00:05   #35
Stapel
Emperor

Well done Darkness.

I'm happy to see you handled the building efforts correctly!

I see we've got quite some gold now. I would really like to purchase a Galleon soon. What do you guys think about that?

Old 12-10-2008, 00:07   #36
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
I give the silver miner tools (to finish the Drydock in Shabbaville) and I make the criminal into a missionary to establish a mission in the Aztec city.
This may sound dumb....., but how did ya do that?

Old 12-10-2008, 00:43   #37
Matrix
Administrator

I think you double-click or right-click the unit in Europe, and then you can change it's profession (not his expertise, obviously).

I don't understand why we're building a drydock. Does that increase the yield of fishermen? I tought it said +2 food, because it gives the same food bonus as normal docks.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:06   #38
socralynnek

Other option: Drag the colonist to the Garrison tab. Pioneer is one of the options if you have enough tools ready.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:40   #39
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
I think you double-click or right-click the unit in Europe, and then you can change it's profession (not his expertise, obviously).
Double clicking does the trick.

Quote:
I don't understand why we're building a drydock. Does that increase the yield of fishermen? I tought it said +2 food, because it gives the same food bonus as normal docks.
Hmmm.... I never really checked that....

Old 12-10-2008, 14:35   #40
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
I'd assume that it would, otherwise that +2 claim is awkardly placed.