Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Tubby Rower's Slacker Kingdom
Home

Old 15-03-2006, 21:24   #21
barbu1977
Emperor

"Melvin, Melvin
Bûcheron d'la forêt canadienne
Fort comme un boeuf, y mange des bines
Travaille toute la journée pour un trente cennes

Melvin, Melvin, Melvin
Bûcheron d'la forêt canadienne
En équilibre sur la pitoune
J'vous dit qu'y a pas l'air d'une moumoune "

Lumberjack are choping stationary targets, that must help them a bit. In Warcraft you could get your workers to figth. They were not very strong but 4-5 of them could take out a warrior.

Old 15-03-2006, 21:34   #22
Shabbaman
Administrator

Ooh, forest chopping axeman, that'd be ONE overpowered unit! But I guess an axe gets blunt very fast, not much enemy chopping afterwards I presume.
Old 15-03-2006, 22:34   #23
Tubby Rower

These are the forests that I could chop. I'm guessing that it's best to get closer to George's border first?

I swithced to a warrior then a worker. Then I'll chop a settler or two. I just hope George tries to expand east and north.
Old 15-03-2006, 22:38   #24
Shabbaman
Administrator

Yeah, but perhaps it's better to aim for 16,15,14 instead of 4,5,6: those last ones are probably going to be in your borders soon anyway.

BTW, remember (or read for the first time ) that the production bonus goes to your city closest by. So, most likely NOT your capital.
Old 15-03-2006, 22:56   #25
Tubby Rower

So until I found my 2nd city it'll go to my capital. Once I get the second city the chops could get a settler out of my second city without stopping unit production in my capital (which has a barracks)
Old 16-03-2006, 03:33   #26
Tubby Rower

Matrix is now a Jew. apparently he was also scaring Rob a little. Matrix had moved and kept a warrior just north of Rob's border. So that means that we might end up being Jews too. I hope we get to Confusionism. I'd rather holy city money go into Rob's pocket than Matrix's

OTOH, MAtrix might be an out for me. Rob feels as though he has enough defense against MAtrix now and will be generating some more defense. So a war might between Rob and Matrixmight be a ways off. I might be able to team up with Matrix when the time is right and hopefully take the southern part of the continent. I'm not sure how amiable MAtrix is and I think that he could kick my butt in a civ3 PBEM, but depending on the situation, I might be able to hold him off in civ4.

Stay tuned for the next episode......
Old 17-03-2006, 00:10   #27
Tubby Rower

I have met Matrix. So now I think that I know everyone on my continent.

Well after a little MSN chat with Matrix. Apparently there is another civ on our continent. He's playing it safe and not making friends or enemies.

He's met Dave McW and Meleager other than me. So that means the he might control a connecting piece of land since Rob or George hasn't seen those two.
Old 17-03-2006, 00:46   #28
romeothemonk
King

I would team up with Matrix and turn on the one of your neighbors.
My favorite play is the whoops attack.

Have Matriz, or the other guy declare war, wait 5 turns until the troops move, and then powie!!

Hit the weakened back lines quickly taking 1 or 2 cities. Everyone around will attack like sharks on bloody chum.

Spawning an artist really makes this effective.
Old 17-03-2006, 09:16   #29
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

Dave McW
I hope (for your and Matrix' sakes) that he's not as good as CIV as he is at Civ3, because if he is, you are in a huge load of trouble...
Old 18-03-2006, 19:50   #30
Tubby Rower

I have the worker available to go chop some forests. and the amount of hammers decrease as they move out from your border.

here are the shields retrieved by chopping the forests numbered a few posts up # 3 is actually 2 tiles

1 - 0 shields
2 - 3 shields
3N - 6 shields
3S - 10 shields
4 - 13 shields
5 - 16 shields
6 - 16 shields
7 - 16 shields

hill N-NE of FB city - 20 shields
forest 1 tile W of FB City = 20 shields

so it looks like diminishing returns as you leave cultural borders I think that I'll chop the forests just outside my borders. starting with #5