Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 11-08-2005, 10:24   #161
socralynnek

Wow, I am really surprised that at the moment my team would go to the semi-final....
That is a big surprise for me, as I have played in the bottom round in the last 2 editions.
But it will be hard to defend that spot against Shabba, but we'll see...Shabba has to go De Snaken on last day.
Random draw has given a nice competition, so we can repeat it!
Old 11-08-2005, 18:05   #162
Dell19
King

The odd thing about Group C is that de burchtheren and my side have basically had the same fixture list with his team playing the generally easier games at the start whilst I played by harder games at the start. Should make the last week interesting when we play each other.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 20:08   #163
arne1
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

The odd thing about Group C is that de burchtheren and my side have basically had the same fixture list with his team playing the generally easier games at the start whilst I played by harder games at the start. Should make the last week interesting when we play each other.
I am counting on you to kick my ass. Allthough I might profit a bit from the home advantage. I hope to come in 5th and will than probably finish sixteenth. Or I should make freinds with lady Luck. than anything is possible.
Old 11-08-2005, 20:21   #164
Mistfit
King

If there were such a thing as relegation from the CDZ Cup that is what I'd be doing
Old 16-08-2005, 21:43   #165
Kemal

Well, the decider for 1st place is being played atm in England between Disciples of Kipper and FC De Snaken (0-2 after 35 mins), and some Snaken players seem unable to cope with the pressure:

Quote:
quote:
At Disciples of Kipper Arena, 1620 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Disciples had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Jordan - Brennan, Willmes, Chara - Faulkner, Marcondes, Holm, Taylor, Omeneo - MacMenzies, Gerner.

Snaken started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: bin Mat Arif - Meesen, Lucado, Buursink - Hintermayr, Fjällander, Balyon, Rogersson - Snoj, Sánchez, Hoseth.

Snaken seemed to prefer attacking in the middle. Snaken's Wilm Meesen got himself booked after a foul. Disciples were forced to a substitution as Helge Willmes couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Paul Forbes to come in from the sidelines. The visitors were very close to gaining the lead from a monstrous free kick in the 6:th minute, but Mark Jordan made a one hand save. Snaken took the lead in the games 17:th minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Wilm Meesen was the scorer. Snaken´s Joakim Fjällander received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 18:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 2. The home crowd was not pleased with that one. Mauro Sánchez could have put his team up another one in the 18:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. In the 24th minute of game time, Snaken's Wilm Meesen received his second yellow card and was sent off. The Disciples player was Paul Forbes who had to be helped off the pitch, unable to finish the game, but Paul Akinsanya came in to finish the match.
Whoops! Sorry about that Donald!

Warning for all: Don't let yourself be marked by Wilm "Wilm's Mighty Foot" Meessen, if you care about your health...

Btw, including these 2 yellows, I've had a staggering total of 37 (!) yellow cards this season so far, in 24 matches. Maybe that warning should actually read: "Beware of playing Snaken, if you care for your squad's health..."
Old 16-08-2005, 21:53   #166
Mistfit
King

No big suprise here Warthog (or is that Wartham) U is kicking me all over the pitch.

4-0 at the 1/2
Old 16-08-2005, 22:23   #167
Kemal

Hmm, you did have a few chances to score though it seems, a little unlucky there...

Btw, after yet another nasty Snaken tackle, the team is now at 38 yellows total...
Old 16-08-2005, 22:42   #168
Mistfit
King

My guys have a big problem with the whole scoring thing. They seem to get the chances but never really put them away. Other than that I think the problem is that they just suck Gimme a few seasons and I'll surely beat someone

Quote:
quote:Quintin Mika the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Tonny Nielsen the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game, so John Sunesson had to come off the bench.
My 17 yr old trainee is out for 7 weeks
Old 16-08-2005, 23:14   #169
Kemal

, wow that is unlucky Mistfit, what exactly are his skills? Maybe it might even be more profitable to get a new trainee altogether, if not getting 10 docs might be in order..

For a good site on healing rates, check http://introht.hattrick.tk/article-injuries.htm

Snaken officialy qualified for the semis with a 0-6 win over DoK, joining Meli's Manglers, who also secured their ticket for the semis after an impressive 3-2 win over aristocats.

Still 2 tickets up for grabs though, and of course, for those who no longer fight for top spot, remember that your standing in the league phase will determine for which eventual ranking you will be playing in the KO rounds.
Old 17-08-2005, 13:34   #170
Dell19
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

My guys have a big problem with the whole scoring thing. They seem to get the chances but never really put them away. Other than that I think the problem is that they just suck Gimme a few seasons and I'll surely beat someone

Quote:
quote:Quintin Mika the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Tonny Nielsen the unlucky victim, couldn´t continue the game, so John Sunesson had to come off the bench.
My 17 yr old trainee is out for 7 weeks
Sorry about that. Usually Mika is a nice player. I would like to think my formidable goalkeeper had a hand in stopping some of your chances and the midfield was close because I was only playing 2 midfielders which does create a bit of a dilemma for next week.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote