Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > ProPain's Forum
Home

Old 27-01-2004, 12:47   #31
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Get turn back, chiv has been discovered!!! thank you great lib, riders and GA within reach now. Sell it to Romans and Ottos earning a meager 40 gold.

The War Zone

111.06*KB

the war zone looks like this. Not quite what I expected, I'd expected KR to send all his troops up hill. This is better. I have some elite horsies around, so I rush SunTzu's with my existing one and take my chances.

Second elite win gives a new leader . I started renaming my units by numbering them so I could keep count of leaders. Not smart cause KR noticed this too . So I told him I alrdy had 4 leaders, which is a lie and I rename this unit 'no6 Thanks Reno!!' just to piss him off when he sees it.

Battle goes well, I lose a med inf and a horse. This is what left after the battle. Notice the 1st rider on the right!!

197.09*KB

KingReno proposed a peace treaty in his mail, I reply I'm prepared to negotiate, although I'm not sure if I want peace. I can also use his last impi to trigger my GA.... We'll see
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2004, 15:11   #32
Skyfish

Wow ! I 've just never seen so many leaders in such a short time span !
Keep it for Leos, disconnect your Iron, and go on producing Horses in your GA with 0% science
Old 03-02-2004, 15:57   #33
ProPain

slowly progressing:

KR drew a long anarchy, he still isnt in republic, he still wants peace, I offered 30 turns but he rejected my peace offer as 'too short' and 'that way you have time to build riders and land them in greek territory'. Duh! He counters with a 60 turns peace offer so 'he can at least eradicate the greeks' I told him a straight 60 turn peace offer is out of the question, if he wants 60 turns of peace he'll have to offer something realle good. The negotiations continue and so do the turns. I'm not giving him 60 turns of peace as a rewards for screwing me over twice.

His army is average compared to mine and I have 10 horsies lined up for upgrades to riders, plenty of cash too. KR is still feuda (and chiv), theo, monarchy behind. I'm hoping my great lib will at least grant me engineering and invention before education is researched. but it's getting tricky as the AI has been ignoring engineering in favor of mono and theo..... As a back-up plan I'm researching printing press with 1 scientist, I can get it in 10 turns when i max out on research. If edu if researched before engineering and invention, I'll make a run for printing press. My guess is KR will try and buy theology and research edu asap to cancel the great lib, but he might go for chiv too. I sold theology around to prevent trade opportunities for KR when he hits republic.

For now I'm building up the former korean lands, they look promising but are underpopulated because they suffered from a mysterious famine that only struck the former korean lands.

In 1 turn beijing will produce 20 shields per turn, which equals a horsemen per turn. I will then disconnect the iron and start building heaps of horsies. I'm making 95 gpt so I can upgrade 1 horse per turn now, 2 when I get Leo's. More markterplaces are coming onlne soon. I'm aiming for 120 gpt so I can upgrade 3 horsies/turn with Leo's

This will even be better once I have my GA. My peace treaties with all the AI end in 12 turns, so I'll clean my island then and hit my GA.

Old 03-02-2004, 16:42   #34
anarres
anarchist butcher

A very small point: horsies are 30, so Beijing at 20 shields won't quite be 1/turn...
Old 04-02-2004, 10:27   #35
ProPain

Yes indeed you're right.

Got me fearing I calculated the turns I need to get my army up to 50 riders wrong. CHecked my calculations but luckily I used 30 shields there.
Old 07-04-2004, 14:28   #36
ProPain

KingReno folded as he was frustrated by his lack of leader and my abundance. I fear I only increased his agitation when I told him Beijing was virtually undefended at the time of his landing and a replay showed he would have captured it with virtuallu no losses. Sorry KR!

Apart from that I think the whole thing was going quite ok for me. I just entered my GA, had a leader ready for Leos, and a horse in place to pillage my iron and build a shitload of horses for later upgrade.

What I learned:
- Acting like nothing's the matter while you only have a vet pike defending sometimes pays off
- It's wise to have decent defense in key cities when you play a human opponent!!!!
- Lots of leaders can dramatically change the game. I think without them it would have been a sure loss.

Old 07-04-2004, 14:35   #37
Skyfish

Evn with the Leader luck I think you did quite well against a KR who was cruising !
I thought it was game over when he sent his forces to invade and you were 20 tiles away from your core.
It was a big mistake on his part not to attack Beijing but it was a difficult choice to make at the time...
Old 07-04-2004, 14:41   #38
ProPain

I thought it was game over too, but the fact that you cant see how many units are in a city apart from 1 or more than 1 and that it only shows the best defender saved my butt. Also made it a hard decision for KR for sure. Could also have been 3pikes and some swords defending Beijing as far as he was concerned. That would have meant attacking was suicide.
Old 14-04-2005, 23:25   #39
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

1.1KB
Old 15-04-2005, 01:50   #40
Melifluous
Administrator

see
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote