Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Opponent finding forum > Opponent finding forum
Home

Old 29-05-2009, 03:02   #21
Robi D
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPain View Post
Sounds great.

I'm home alone on the 6th, so I can start a match right away and would love to do so. VOlunteers please report

As for prizes: I'm throwing in a 'CDZ, our spam is backed with nuclear weapons' coffee mug
I'm should hopefully be free on the 6th too, maybe we can get the ball rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Killer M View Post
I'd love to take part, but I am afraid I can't really judge whether I will have the time.

How would you suggest abandoned matches should be scored?
I hadn't given much thought to that to be honest but BCLG suggestion sounds resonable that you get a percentage of the total points depending on how much of the game is played. Also the deadline can be a little flexiable if needed but i wouldn't want it too drag on too much because people lose interest then.

Don't forget you have the option to play it by pbem if you can't organise a time to do a direct ip game.

While i'm on the topic of direct ip games, its up to the players involved whether they play turn based or simultaneous. If you play simultaneous the DM's are legal. It's easy to guard against them and making any rules just throws up a large grey area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLG100 View Post
However all that is dependent on what is going on, i do feel we should be able to concede whenever so we've got to note the difference between abandon and concede.

I don't mind posting my decision in the thread tbh, it's not like the traits are a secret
Conceeding in my mind gives up a conquest victory to your opponent with full points.

I'm happy to post choices in the open, i trust you guys. Just thought i'd find a third party if people might think there was an advantage to be gained. However with the large amount of participants it would be impossible to match up against everyone. So feel free to post here if you wish or you can PM me as mauer has done. I made my choice long ago

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 04:51   #22
mauer
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi D View Post
Conceeding in my mind gives up a conquest victory to your opponent with full points.
I agree.

Anyways, my PC is back up and running and fully loaded with BTS. I'm up for any challengers. I'd like to limit to 2 of these at a time, and prefer PBEM since I'm in a difficult time zone to match up with most of you guys for a session.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 07:00   #23
Robi D
King

Thinking about it a bit, we could have an option were if your unable to finish games you can have the AI take over.

As for partially completed games going on what BCLG suggested;
For games 1 to 40 turns 1/3 pts
41-80 turns = 2/3 pts
81+ = full points

Also with splitting people on the same points, i've changed it to be head to head record first, then the score difference since someone getting a win conceeded to them might miss out on a higher score.

Tell me if any of that sounds ok.

Old 29-05-2009, 07:52   #24
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robi D View Post

Tell me if any of that sounds ok.
Sounds good to me.

About the 6th: I'm having time in the evening but as we're facing a 9/10 hour time difference that would mean early sunday morning for you (7th). I can imagine that isn't really a good time for you, but I'll leave that up tp you . Otherwise for me early morning (my time) might be an option. Kids are usually up at hideous hours. So I can prolly fire up around 6 my time, being 5pm at your end. Early morning will be more slow paced though cause the kids need bread/milk/attention
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 16:33   #25
Robboo
King

I am out of town teh first weekend in June. Just a heads up to my future opponent. Unfortunately in addition I will be limited to PBEM so if thats an issue Robi make me a judge.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 00:23   #26
ProPain

Quote:
I'll try to give it a shot this weekend. I'd prefer to try and install VBadvanced as I've done that before. Will be friday night the ways things look now.

If you're online for moral support than that will earn you a mug. Special Mod Edition
Well Shabba, it's done and I haven't seen you. Guess that's a forfeit on the mug then
Old 30-05-2009, 01:08   #27
Whomp
King

Smile

Sounds like fun but I stink so I'd rather watch, heckle and book lines.
Old 30-05-2009, 01:56   #28
Robi D
King

Quote:
Sounds good to me.

About the 6th: I'm having time in the evening but as we're facing a 9/10 hour time difference that would mean early sunday morning for you (7th). I can imagine that isn't really a good time for you, but I'll leave that up tp you . Otherwise for me early morning (my time) might be an option. Kids are usually up at hideous hours. So I can prolly fire up around 6 my time, being 5pm at your end. Early morning will be more slow paced though cause the kids need bread/milk/attention
Its a 7.5hrs difference. Getting up sunday morning around 7am isn't a problem for me that weekend, depends how willing and able you are to stay up that night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robboo View Post
I am out of town teh first weekend in June. Just a heads up to my future opponent. Unfortunately in addition I will be limited to PBEM so if thats an issue Robi make me a judge.
As long as you can play your turns its fine. When mauer and myself did a trial game it took us 2 months, that was playing 1 to 2 turns a day. Does mean you need to be play a few at a time. If you think you can do that over the next 6/7 months then its fine. I know most of my games will be by PBEM because of the time difference

Old 14-06-2009, 23:12   #29
ProPain

Looking for someone ready to kick of the games. I've got time during week evenings this month for sure.

Just post here or PM me
Old 14-06-2009, 23:22   #30
Matrix
Administrator

I've got time this weekend, any evening but monday. What would suit you best?