Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Cartouche Bee's Forum
Home

Old 22-06-2003, 00:52   #1
Cartouche Bee

Default CB vs Anarres *** Spoiler ***

Here is the demographics from turn 40.

I'm persia and anarres is rome.

What's wrong with this picture?

84.86*KB
Cartouche Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2003, 02:54   #2
Grille

Turn 40???? 4 towns in top5 list!?
Did you hut-pop towns/settlers?
No ai rivals?
Or Palaces don't produce culture?
Grille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2003, 03:04   #3
Grille

Aha, just noticed you started over, w/o any ai civs.
Hm, what might be wrong then, perhaps anarres has a headstart on a 20k city...
Grille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2003, 04:03   #4
DrAlimentado

hmm, gonna be easy to figure the others exact stats in this game and what the hell does life expectancy mean anyway?...

and whos got the lowest score? we know you both like to trail in that regard
DrAlimentado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2003, 19:02   #5
Cartouche Bee

We have been bouncing back and forth for first in most categories.

I just build the pyramids, so it will be abit harder for him to keep up.

The top 5 cities are starting to balance out.

My FP is quite far along also.

86.15KB
Old 23-06-2003, 18:09   #6
Cartouche Bee

Well, the early game gambit's continue.

My first gambit of not building a granary, was based on my studies about how cities grow. I deduced that by building a few cities quicker, without building a granary, I would then be able to let a handful of cities continue basic production and then pile some workers into the capitol and build the Pyramids which now provides all my cities with a free granary. This did slow my later development until the pyramids were complete but my uncorrupt ring of cites was intact, these are more important than future fully corrupt cities.

My current gambit concerns luxuries. We have limited luxuries so I'm making a drive to Monarchy, not for the government but for the Hanging Gardens. I first drove to literature, I'm scientific, this provides better science production and ways to open my borders cheaply and a prebuild off the Great Library for my target wonder. Then on to Monarchy, which times out pretty well on the prebuild of the Hanging Gardens which will essentially give me one more lux, nation wide. Another delay which may or may not pan out for me over the course of the game.

Since I also have a FP I seem to be able to research any tech in 4 turns now, well those that I can research after monarchy, even under despotism. However, the drive to republic and then to the Middle ages is on full speed now and time is of the essence.
Old 24-06-2003, 07:49   #7
Kemal

Great job with the early Pyramids and FP, CB! However, I was wondering how you're going to cope with the loss of a possible palace jump, now that you've completed a top-notch wonder in Persepolis, and with possibly another on the way there? Since there are not going to be AI wars to fish for leaders, jumping does seem like the only available option to move the palace around.

I'm very curious what your current empire looks like, especially the location of the FP, can you post a screenie please?

Concerning your first picture, how come that Susa is above Pasargadae in top 5 cities? Had you built a temple in susa already on turn 40, or have you renamed cities to confuse anarres?
Old 24-06-2003, 09:11   #8
ERIKK

Beware of anarres, if he sees you wonder building all the time he will definitely be comming for you to whipe you out... How far away (safe) are you?
ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2003, 09:43   #9
Skyfish

Since it's a small map with 2 islands, probably the capital and FP are well placed so a palace jump won't be necessary. Palace jumps are not "absolutely" needed in order to win no ?
Old 24-06-2003, 16:48   #10
Cartouche Bee

k, I'll post some shots later, they game has progressed antoher 30 turns from the my last post, things are changing rapidly.

@Kemal, No, I doubt I would want to palace jump my capitol cause it's actually right in the heartland of my territory. I didn't change names of cities but it shows that some other calculations might be going on with regards to ratings that we don't normally see, cause sometimes when I look at that city list in this game it makes me wonder what's going on. I should have paid more attention to that and maybe later I will look at the saves to see what I can figure from the data.

@ERIKK, I suppose that if anarres landed on my continent he could deal with the Immortals. I'm not too worried about an invasion at this point, I have pretty good production going on and could surely build units faster than he can get them here, at least for now. My capitol under despotism can make a vet. spearman every turn and I've got 3 cities now that can produce vet Immortals every 2 turns.

@Skyfish, I have done a few palace jumps in my time but usually when the capitol is in a real poor spot for any future development, not the case here but there are many ways to do things, maybe a jump would work out for the better later but for now I would have to rely on a rebuild.